Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nathan3219

Razbam just released Metroliner for P3D v2

Along with FSX version, Razbam has a dedicated P3D version (not a port over).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have no interest in this as it's just not my type of aircraft. But I must say that's pretty fair price (assuming the aircraft is quality) for the dual license bundle for the users who desire such a thing. One of the first I've ever seen offering such a thing. Whether or not there is any general development difference between the two on the backend, no idea, but from a licensing standpoint it's pretty fair considering the small base who would want such an option. 

Whether or not it is your cup of tea, it is a native P3D addon using the LM tools, so a historic release unless there is another native P3D addon prior to this.

I still use FSX but thought you P3D pilots might be interested. Cheers.

Whether or not it is your cup of tea, it is a native P3D addon using the LM tools, so a historic release unless there is another native P3D addon prior to this.

I still use FSX but thought you P3D pilots might be interested. Cheers.

And it's appreciated. I'm not dismissing the thread or aircraft at all. Just merely complimenting the license pricing they came up with.. It's a good thing. Again, assuming the aircraft is quality. :)

I am pleased to see the first of many P3D-native aircraft.  This may be a purchase for me.

Just bought it.... not quite on par with the Q400 but certainly no issues in P3Dv2...

Nice sounds and animations...

Now to familiarize myself with the cockpit! More reading!!

Thanks for your interest in our aircraft. Yes, the metro for P3Dv2 is a native version not a port. The aircraft is completely incompatible with either FSX or P3Dv1.x.

Cool! I'll be considering this one for sure as this is the kind of aircraft I love!

Anyone know what kind of copy protection is being used? Online activation, activation limits etc.

If you are a fan of props, go get this one. One of my favorite aircraft so far.

Todd

Cool! I'll be considering this one for sure as this is the kind of aircraft I love! Anyone know what kind of copy protection is being used? Online activation, activation limits etc.

what i recall there was none! Just unzipped and installed!

Thanks for your interest in our aircraft. Yes, the metro for P3Dv2 is a native version not a port. The aircraft is completely incompatible with either FSX or 1.x.

I picked up a boxed edition of the Q400 yesterday. I'll probably return it and purchase the Metroliner.  I Iike the aircraft, it's native P3D and it's a better value to me with the option to install on both platforms.

I bought the beta version and now have the final release P3Dv2 version.  Still checking it out - so far very impressive.

what i recall there was none! Just unzipped and installed!

Sweet! Nothing more to think about then. I'll be getting this one for sure!

Just curious, what special features that make this a P3D2 native version? Any advantages of being P3D2 native over a FSX port?

Just curious, what special features that make this a P3D2 native version? Any advantages of being P3D2 native over a FSX port?

Curious also and I think that's where any 3PD needs to questioned. Are they putting in additional work and features, or just trying to gouge the consumer?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Agreed, if it's just another 'point the installer directory to Prepar3D2' addon, then I'm not really interested. But if it's built from the ground up for P3D then I'd be willing to give it a go. I suspect it isn't though, which is probably why it's bundled with FSX.

Agreed, if it's just another 'point the installer directory to Prepar3D2' addon, then I'm not really interested. But if it's built from the ground up for P3D2 then I'd be willing to give it a go. I suspect it isn't though, which is probably why it's bundled with FSX.

native version not a port.

Just curious of what exactly that means and what addition features the P3DV2 model has over the FSX model? Thank you.

Just curious of what exactly that means and what addition features the P3DV2 model has over the FSX model? Thank you.

It might mean its has been compiled with the P3D SDK instead of the FSX SDK. Regardless, I find the bundle price to be way too steep for me. But it does look great ^_^

Yep, a P3D2 only version would make me buy it. As it is I'll probably not bother unless it gets good reviews.

All the Razbam site states is:

The RAZBAM SA227-BC Metroliner for FSX/Prepar3D includes the following amazing features and innovative functions:...

There's no mention of any differences between to two versions

It might mean its has been compiled with the P3D SDK instead of the FSX SDK. Regardless, I find the bundle price to be way too steep for me. But it does look great ^_^

Yep, a P3D2 only version would make me buy it. As it is I'll probably not bother unless it gets good reviews.

Yes. It was compiled with P3Dv2 tools and the materials were reworked as well. You will CTD FSX if you try to use the P3Dv2 version in it.

There is a single P3Dv2 License as well. If you go to the single license product, at the bottom you have to choose between FSX or P3Dv2.

The bundle option was created because there are people who want to use the aircraft in both FSX and P3Dv2. It would be unfair for them to purchase the same aircraft two times just to have both versions. This way they can have both at a discount.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's still a bit pricey for me, but maybe I'll give it a go at some point.

Would love to hear from anyone who's bought it how it performs in P3DV2.  Decent frames?  Good atmosphere?  Any gotchas?  Am eager to try it - I like the versatility (pax/cargo/medevac), and I'd love to be able to fly good payware that's native, rather than ported or jammed or finessed or EMT'd into P3D, but given the price, I wouldn't mind some word of mouth.  If there's none, I might just take the leap, but if there is, please post away!  Thanks in advance...

Man...their website is a mess. Any links to this product with pic's etc.?