Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

This is usually the first reaction to a much anticipated release.  While I'm pretty certain this is very good, would you say it is the first XP aircraft to be on par with a PMDG level aircraft, or are you saying it's a higher level still.  Legitimate question.  I'm just trying to benchmark it against something I know as I don;t have Xplane.   

I have the PMDG NGX, but I'm far from being an expert in it, having never taken the time to seriously learn the aircraft. Nor have I had the chance to seriously dig in to the IXEG yet, having only had it a couple of days.  But I can echo what's been said above in terms of immersion - the sounds and lighting in the IXEG are absolutely top notch, and the fact that it's modelling an older aircraft with wear and tear gives it a lot more atmosphere. 

It's like the difference in between sitting in the living room of a brand new, modern and stylish condo, versus relaxing in a cozy chair in a cottage at the lake - silly comparison perhaps, but there's something about the IXEG that just begs 'sit here, fly me!'.

I also own the Majestic Q400, and have put in a lot of time learning & flying it; it comes a bit closer to the IXEG in terms of atmosphere, in my opinion.

However, what I can safely say, is that the performance of the IXEG Classic is absolutely astounding. My system is pretty mid-grade in terms of CPU, and the first time I loaded up the IXEG, engines running, I was shocked to see my fps counter sitting at 55 - 60 fps... at a ramp, on the ground, in really crappy weather, with rain drops streaking down the windows.  I wasn't sitting at a particularly demanding airport, but still... I don't think my system could pull even two thirds of that with the NGX if I were sitting in middle of the Sahara desert with a clear blue sky!!

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

However, what I can safely say, is that the performance of the IXEG Classic is absolutely astounding. My system is pretty mid-grade in terms of CPU, and the first time I loaded up the IXEG, engines running, I was shocked to see my fps counter sitting at 55 - 60 fps... at a ramp, on the ground, in really crappy weather, with rain drops streaking down the windows.  I wasn't sitting at a particularly demanding airport, but still... I don't think my system could pull even two thirds of that with the NGX if I were sitting in middle of the Sahara desert with a clear blue sky!!

What time of FPS do you get in one of the default aircraft in a similar setting?

Daniel Miller

What time of FPS do you get in one of the default aircraft in a similar setting?

I've never flown any of the default XP aircraft, other than back a long, long time ago in the demo where I think I loaded up the Baron? Seriously, I never, ever have used any of them.  But previous to the IXEG, the other day I was sitting at the exact same ramp in the new Epic E1000 with the Skyviews, but with much better weather, and getting mid 50's as well.

The airport I was at was the CYEG that's part of the Canadian Rockies payware region. (I fly out of CYEG a ton, since it's about ten miles away from my house. :smile:  )  Not a particularly demanding airport, but my point is that my system never gets those kind of numbers with the NGX, and I guess I expected similar from the IXEG.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well took the plunge and bought it last night....and all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW, the level of fidelity is incredible and handling feels so real. One thing that really blew my mind and its the reason as to why I didn't purchase it earlier (was a little skeptical) is performance, I mean the work IXEG did on the performance side is just phenomenal.

Could not be happier  :dance:  I'm in Love!!!

Outstanding work IXEG, congrats to team and everyone involved on a job well done.   :good:  

Carlos, queres com isso dizer que posso compapr ?  :-)

Saludos

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I bought this plane last night too. I only had an hour to spend with it, because I had to get up early for a meeting today. However, the time I spent with it, was amazing! 

Rob

• Upvote 1

Carlos, queres com isso dizer que posso compapr ?  :-)

Lo siento Jose, no hablo portugues solo español....lol....y si, lo compre y esta increiblemente bien hecho.

Saludos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait to get back home and to start working on the learning curve...I spent some company time  reading "Tutorial Flight 1 - Basic FMS and navigation"  :Devil: .

I'm really excited about learning how to properly operate this amazing aircraft.   :wub:

Good times ahead for XPX, hopefully 10.50 is around the corner too.   :dance:

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

It's very easy to get behind in this when you are flying short routes or hand flying. Caught myself veering off etc when doing the first tutorial. I think with the NGX I became too dependant on autoflight :P

• Upvote 1

Does it have weather radar or if not,,will it have eventually?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Man I keep falling deeper and deeper in love with this bird, just can't get enough of it.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Performance is fantastic, solid 30fps even at big airports like KORD. 

Just spent 5 hrs learning and hand flying, what a thrill coming into landing, never have I felt the feeling of being there with any other aircraft and the speed sensation oh man, what a beauty.

Seriously guys, you have got to get this one you will NOT regret it.

One of the best investments I have made in XPX so far.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Man I keep falling deeper and deeper in love with this bird, just can't get enough of it.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Performance is fantastic, solid 30fps even at big airports like KORD. 

Just spent 5 hrs learning and hand flying, what a thrill coming into landing, never have I felt the feeling of being there with any other aircraft and the speed sensation oh man, what a beauty.

Seriously guys, you have got to get this one you will NOT regret it.

One of the best investments I have made in XPX so far.

I agree. Developers of aircraft now are really going to have up their game or sell their wares at a more affordable price ;-) Everyone will use the 737-classic as a comparison. Half finished FMC's and paying for extra sound packs wont cut the biscuit anymore at least for me.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your feedback Jimmy. I might give it a go this weekend.

I agree. Developers of aircraft now are really going to have up their game or sell their wares at a more affordable price

100% agree. I think this is a game-changer for X-Plane and will mean other developers are going to have to up their game or live with constantly being compared to this (Pretty much like anything that comes out on FSX where it is compared to PMDG)

• Upvote 1

However, what I can safely say, is that the performance of the IXEG Classic is absolutely astounding. My system is pretty mid-grade in terms of CPU, and the first time I loaded up the IXEG, engines running, I was shocked to see my fps counter sitting at 55 - 60 fps... at a ramp, on the ground, in really crappy weather, with rain drops streaking down the windows.

I hope the FPS stays high as the missing / fixed items/features are added in with the next IXEG product updates.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

100% agree. I think this is a game-changer for X-Plane and will mean other developers are going to have to up their game or live with constantly being compared to this (Pretty much like anything that comes out on FSX where it is compared to PMDG)

Yep, meaning PMDG themselves will have to adjust their offer, starting with the upcoming dc-6...

In X-Plane's World there is already a "PMDG" :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...