Sign in to follow this  
tango4

Request for PMDG: List of items NOT SIMULATED (NGX and 777)

2.OPUS

I currently have ASN and EzDok. Can OPUS offer anything else, other than of course turbulence sounds and what I already have?  

I'm happy with the SP1C NGX. PMDG gave us an inch with incredible realism and people want to take a mile. Other than WX radar, what has not been simulated is particularly irrelevant in preflight, flight, and any other normal operation of the aircraft. I would love to pull and reset circuit breakers but I can only imagine the thousands of pages of coding that would have to be implemented in between coding that already there...that would cause a whole host of bugs and system instability that would require several follow-on service packs. There are great freeware ground-roll sounds that sound similar to the 777 available on this forum. Combine this aircraft with AES, GSX, etc. and you have a pretty immersive airline environment on FSX.

Rather than really any single new feature I'd rather like to have present bugs of the existing features removed. Nothing spectacular but I believe over the years a few little things have popped up here and there. I have no clue if any more updates are planned but I'd very very much hope so, because the base product is still spectacular in its depth and I am sure it would be worth the effort.

sig.gif

will there be fixed cockpit windows in the NGX SP2 because i think they are little bit to tall. i compared them with real pictures and in a real 737 cockpit i got this nice feeling of narrowness when i look trough the windows. this would be very nice. when i see the pmdg 737 cockpitwindows it pretty much looks like a panorama window ^^ i certainly would by it if this will be fixed. i would love then to feel a 737 environment. 

will there be fixed cockpit windows in the NGX SP2 because i think they are little bit to tall. i compared them with real pictures and in a real 737 cockpit i got this nice feeling of narrowness when i look trough the windows. this would be very nice. when i see the pmdg 737 cockpitwindows it pretty much looks like a panorama window ^^ i certainly would by it if this will be fixed. i would love then to feel a 737 environment. 

If you read the posts in this thread above you, you will find your answer to this. 

If you're deciding to buy based only on one minor visual difference, then it probably isn't the product for you.

Hot start, wet start and engine malfunctions at the start up can occur?

i also wonder that, can anyone answer ?

With FADEC (Full authority digital engine (or electronics) control) I don't think that hot start, wet start at the start up can occur. Maybe some professionnal pilot/engineers can confirm that.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

With FADEC (Full authority digital engine (or electronics) control) I don't think that hot start, wet start at the start up can occur. Maybe some professionnal pilot/engineers can confirm that.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Displayed (white-blinking) EEC senses conditions that may lead to hot start or stall during ground starting. Current versions of EEC software (7.B.Q and later) will automatically cut fuel for an impending hot start or stall during ground starting. FCOM 7.11.8
These protection features do not function during inflight starts. FCOM 7.20.11

But I wonder whether all NGs have 7.B.Q and later EEC software...

Guest happy2

Hi

I have read this topic & others & honestly I think i would like when installing NGX to have a version without the HUD, & would prefer to install a flightdeck with Real window / overhead dimensions.

I am not complaining I am just saying, we don't all use the HUD & some incuding myself would rather have correct dimensions.

Thanks

:smile:

i just thought i should say as thats a lot of work i Would expect pay for a update like that .

thanks

You can remove the HUD and configure the cockpit form the CDU i believe. I have only tested it for the two version of the autopilot.

Stian Beinset

ENML

If you're deciding to buy based only on one minor visual difference, then it probably isn't the product for you.

Well THAT was a stupid comment.. 

Hi

I have read this topic & others & honestly I think i would like when installing NGX to have a version without the HUD, & would prefer to install a flightdeck with Real window / overhead dimensions.

I am not complaining I am just saying, we don't all use the HUD & some incuding myself would rather have correct dimensions.

Thanks

:smile:

i just thought i should say as thats a lot of work i Would expect pay for a update like that .

thanks

I 100% agree, PMDG needs to focus on the dimensions of the NGX cockpit as their next big step. 

This is just an advice. Please don't kill me. Instead of purchasing from PMDG you could order directly from Boeing and let them know all your preferences. I am not sure if they accept Paypal.

Rafael Rodriguez

Well THAT was a stupid comment.. 

Even though it's a year old comment, why? If his criteria is the pixel height of a windshield, other products probably better suit his needs as they don't incorporate a HGS that requires the proportions to not be 100% exact.

Anyway, I'm sure the author has already moved on as it's been almost a year.