Sign in to follow this  
BilboBaggins

Frooglesim vs. FSXGenius - a general concern

What fraud?

What do you mean?

If the information from Froogle and Belynz and others are true than FSXGenius took the money from 30+ people and never provided what those people paid for. As by definition "fraud" is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain. His activities in our community deceived people in thinking he's legit and than he used this trust to take their money and now he kinda disappeared - even thoug he still has time to delete negative comments from Facebook and Youtube.

That's what I got from all this. If all this is true than people should go to the police. That's all I meant with my previous comment.

f the information from Froogle and Belynz and others are true than FSXGenius took the money from 30+ people and never provided what those people paid for.

But you don't know if the infornmation is true. Do you know of anyone who has been defrauded. - or you relying on hearsay.

Than why has  fsx genius  hasn't  replied back  to all the request by Froogle  and  he even deleted his  post on his web page  this is enough evidence  for me  to decide. If I were  fsx genius  and been reading  the post  about me I would have been on here quick smart denying  or  explaining  why I havnt  sent  the supplied pcs or  refunding the money back.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi all, I appreciate that my input here will serve very little so sorry!

First up I've been following both Frooglesim and FSXGenius for a while now (can't remember how long) and watched most of the videos they've both put up, as well as following their Facebook pages; I don't have much flying time so i try to make up for it by following forums and such youtube channels.  While I obviously don't know the inside story, I can confirm that FSXGenius has been very absent recently, and that his facebook page has been deleting any links posted on it to Froogle's video, or comments on it, and a few days ago all previous 'posts by others' have been removed and the option to post them is no longer available.  Deletes have also been happening on his youtube videos and the channel discussion section.  I have also seen at least one member of a virtual airline I'm in say they've been at the wrong end of this, and while I suppose they could have been lying, I find it unlikely since they brought it up before the first of the two big videos went up.

However, I do hope it turns out to be a big misunderstanding or something genuinely innocent, because while FSXGenius's behavior has been a odd recently, I found his videos helpful and entertaining and it would be a shame for him to have ruined it.  I guess we'll only know for sure if he was actually scamming if it appears in the news over here.  I suppose there's a possibility he's been deleting related comments to stop the accusations until he can put together his valid reasons, but it has been a while since this all kicked off.

Anyway, here's hoping, and I'm very sorry if what I've said is clearly wrong or out of place, please let me know - I don't want to be making any unfair accusations of upsetting people.

• Upvote 1

But you don't know if the infornmation is true. Do you know of anyone who has been defrauded. - or you relying on hearsay.

Oh, c'mon man.. I'm commenting the information Froogle gave us in the video. If it's not true nobody should go to the police, of course, that's common sense, don't you think?

So, we should not discuss the situaton because we can't be 100% sure if it's true (even though is looks 99% true)? Nobody should discuss anything on the internet than.

Froogle should not warn people and he should just be quiet because he, as he said himself, is not 100% sure what's going on? Or was that OK and you only have problem with my comment?

What's the point of all this?

BTW, I also hope all this is just a big misunderstanding.

What has been said about FSXGenius is true.  I have the emails, facebook chat transcripts and the hole in my bank account to prove it.  Yes I originally believed him to be on the level with his knowledge and helpfulness.  This was before I heard any bad rumors about him.  We had entered into an agreement for a product that never materialized.  After countless excusses about why it had never showed up on my doorstep.  He now refuses to answes my emails or chats.  I posted the information as a buyer beware after contacting the authorities and to let others who might not have the information about whom to contact.

There's nothing wrong with your intentions as long as they are honest, and some context would allow the reader to judge this.  As a piece of friendly advice, add some context to your posts.  Otherwise, they read like an advertisement banner and it's hard to determine the intent of your posts.  If you say "FSX Genius defrauded me.  If you have a similar issue, etc..." it means more.

Sorry about your luck.  I had a similar issue happen to me in the US for about $1,500 for an acrylic custom sump for my saltwater reef tank.  After a year of this, I swore out a warrant for the person's arrest for wire fraud.  3000 miles away, that person got yanked out of bed in his jammies on a Sunday morning and was facing the wall of his house in handcuffs in front of his neighbors, wife and kids.  Crying like a baby, I'll add per the deputy sheriff who jacked him up.  I had my stuff one week later.  Never had to go to court.

I have to disable my Norton Antivirus to successfully download and install anything with a Flight1 wrapper.  I am told this is not a risk, but I recently discovered one of those wrappers is identified by Norton Power Eraser as containing a rootkit.  It was the only file/executable out of literally hundreds of thousands on my system identified as such.

I have NO other source of online digital software that requires this kind of stripping-naked of my system for the sake of running an executable.  It is bad practice, and I am no longer going to do it.  The Flight1 validation system even requires you to turn off your firewall for it to run.  Their problem, not mine, nor anyone else's.

Wrappers like Flight 1's have to protect and mask their actual code actions from people who try to crack them to enable piracy of the software. What's going on here is that Norton's "heuristics" that search a system for executing code that seems "suspicious" according to what it thinks malware often looks like are too sensitive and are getting triggered because the wrapper uses some methods to mask its code that are vaguely similar to what actual rootkits do to hide their actions. It doesn't mean the Flight 1 wrapper is actually malware or a rootkit. Those terms have very specific meanings and the wrapper clearly doesn't meet them. No antivirus programs heuristics are perfect, and certainly not one like Norton that many highly respected security experts do not rank high on the list of best AV suites.

This is very clearly a false positive you're getting.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I tried a few Flight1 wrappers and they all work without suspicion on my systems. I suggest it may just be a problem with the security settings on that particular system. However, it is possible to find hidden malware attached to a file if it has fallen into the wrong hands. Security requires complex software; for example, a properly secure installer would not be run as admin, so that it can check itself for malware, and only if uninfected will ask the UAC to step up to admin privileges.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Oh, c'mon man.. I'm commenting the information Froogle gave us in the video

Some of don't believe everything we read on the internet.

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.”

Edgar Allen Poe

• Upvote 1

Some of don't believe everything we read on the internet.

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.”

Edgar Allen Poe

I'm not stupid and I also don't believe everything I read on the internet. Actually I believe very little. But this, I do.

Have a nice day man!

• Upvote 1

Wrappers like Flight 1's have to protect and mask their actual code actions from people who try to crack them to enable piracy of the software. What's going on here is that Norton's "heuristics" that search a system for executing code that seems "suspicious" according to what it thinks malware often looks like are too sensitive and are getting triggered because the wrapper uses some methods to mask its code that are vaguely similar to what actual rootkits do to hide their actions. It doesn't mean the Flight 1 wrapper is actually malware or a rootkit. Those terms have very specific meanings and the wrapper clearly doesn't meet them. No antivirus programs heuristics are perfect, and certainly not one like Norton that many highly respected security experts do not rank high on the list of best AV suites.

This is very clearly a false positive you're getting.

Tabs, thanks, I've since confirmed as much, know what to do to defeat Norton360 in this case, and have been giving Bitdefender a serious look, as it seems to get consistently good ratings. The explanation of what's going on is helpful, much appreciated.

Ultimately, one way or another, it's all about trust in an online environment.

guys this man is a thief, he stole 400 pounds from me and I can prove it.  Like said in a previous post he does lots of small jobs for 20 over Skype and Teamviewer to build trust then hits you with the big one

guys this man is a thief, he stole 400 pounds from me and I can prove it.  Like said in a previous post he does lots of small jobs for 20 over Skype and Teamviewer to build trust then hits you with the big one

Go to the police, there is laws against this. you might not get your money back but at least you can be happy knowing it could be dealt with and he can end up with a criminal record for his troubles, when you are done with the police take him to court to recover the money, as it will rack up to over £600 pretty quick you can get the court sheriff on it and they will just keep on top of it and if he has a car etc.. he can say goodbye to that

-Paul-

guys this man is a thief, he stole 400 pounds from me and I can prove it

what did he steal from you?