Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Cherokee is here!

I'm not on the fence on this one - but having blown my budget widly on a certain new game involving phone hacking, I will have to wait for a while...Anything that involves civilian aircraft and is designed by A2A or RealAir is almost certainly a must buy !!

Lol Ray, me too and now I have a corrupted save in Watch Dogs and can't load the game until Ubisoft fix it with a patch, apparently every platform is affected not just the PC.

Cheers, Andy.

Bought it today after all these positive comments.

I think this is one of the very, very few planes that feel extremely "real" in all aspects.  Thanks A2A.

Stan

It really says something about the plane when A2A's chief test pilot Dudley, who is a highly experienced real world pilot and CFI, says he actually enjoys the Cherokee a little more than the P-51...for which he has logged 1000s of real world P-51 hours. :smile:

While the Cherokee appears to be a sedate 'boring' GA, flying the Cherokee challenges you to up your 'game' as a pilot, and for you to really push your skill levels to a check ride level.  I am finding I 'thought' I was a competent pilot but after being not being current for a few years I am just finding how rusty I really am lol.

Here are the FAA PTS standards for Private and Commercial levels.  

Private

http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/test_standards/media/FAA-S-8081-14B.pdf

Commercial

http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/test_standards/media/FAA-S-8081-12C.pdf

• Upvote 1

I love it, my wife's uncle owns one and let me take the controls at my local airfield. Of course i now have Orbx England and UK2000's excellent rendition of the airfield, I have actual traffic I've seen flying around and now I have the air raft itself (almost, it was an Archer II). Lovely plane, now I'm ar,ed with the UK VFR flight map for pilots, Pooley's airfield guide for 2008 (cheap!!) and this beauty:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/dp/0764588222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401735920&sr=8-1&keywords=Real+world+fsx

700 pages of flying instruction using FSX written by instructors, based around actual lessons (such as Slow Flight and Stalls, for example). Structured, easy to follow with online downloadable flights. Instead, I just set up with the Cherokee at EGNY my local field and run through the lessons until I have the skills to move on. An aircraft like A2As Cherokee is essential for this type of training, because I feel that I really am getting the complete deal with walkarounds, engine checks and serviceability combined with accurate flight dynamics.

Every time I lift of in the Cherokee I feel I really am learning to fly.

• Upvote 1

A2A keep getting better and better. I wonder what their next masterpiece will be. Any idea of what's in the pipe?

THX

If they decide to do a twin I would love to see a Piper Navajo! Since I bought the Cherokee (my first A2A plane) looks like my NGX is going to be parked for a while. Up to now 99% of my sim time has been airliners but I am discovering the pure fun of GA.

Vic green

A2A keep getting better and better. I wonder what their next masterpiece will be. Any idea of what's in the pipe?

THX

Well they did have the F-4 Phantom in the works, but I think it was scrapped for the time being.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I think the next one will be a Piper Comanche. Since they actually own one and will have 24/7 access  it may well end up being their best work yet when all is said and done.

On the Sim-Outhouse forums, Scott mentioned the T-33 and doing test flights in one this summer. Also, he said a small, military airplane is in the works, too. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the Comanche or Bonanza for their next GA aircraft. The Comanche just makes too much sense for them to pass up. 

Jared Listinsky

Is anyone experiencing a delay of cockpit rendering when switching views? I don't have the fastest CPU but I can run at a locked 30fps in the orbx world with default aircraft. Every time I switch views and come back to the cockpit I'm basically flying blind for up to 5 seconds while it renders. i didn't hear any complaints about frames in early reviews. Great plane but this is kind of annoying.

Is anyone experiencing a delay of cockpit rendering when switching views? I don't have the fastest CPU but I can run at a locked 30fps in the orbx world with default aircraft. Every time I switch views and come back to the cockpit I'm basically flying blind for up to 5 seconds while it renders. i didn't hear any complaints about frames in early reviews. Great plane but this is kind of annoying.

Are you actually still using a 9800GT? You really need to upgrade that graphics card.

I'll go a step farther than Molleh and say that, unfortunately, your whole system is going to be challenged by any Accu-sim aircraft.  They're much more demanding than default, both graphically and "under the hood" (because of all the processing required to run all the aircraft systems and persistent maintenance).  What you're experiencing is a classic symptom of an overmatched video card but your CPU is likely to struggle, too.  You probably won't appreciate my spending your money for you, but even a lower-middle-of-the-road modern quad-core system and a GPU with several gigs of VRAM is going to give you substantially better performance - you can have a much more enjoyable experience without having to shell out for a top-of-the-line machine.  Hope this helps.

Agreed - I'm surprised you even get that many fps....

But the key phrase there is "default aircraft"

They do almost nothing to fps.... some addons drop fps more than 80% from a stock plane.

Time to save for a new PC!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |