Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Cherokee is here!

Just came in for a landing and was a little fast and flared a little too much. The Cherokee floated in ground effect just like the real thing (something I've done many times in real life).

Very convincing. They've hit every little detail. This is as close to flying a real general aviation plane as you are going to get on a home simulator.

agree.

the potential for a nose wheel down first, if your landing pitch is wrong too, is also real to the real plane.

Just came in for a landing and was a little fast and flared a little too much. The Cherokee floated in ground effect just like the real thing (something I've done many times in real life).
Very convincing. They've hit every little detail. This is as close to flying a real general aviation plane as you are going to get on a home simulator.

Oh this IS good to hear from real world Cherokee experience, thank you for sharing.

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry for the brief aside, but Lars W. was really Q_flyer, wasn't he?  If so, I KNEW it.  If not, than I'm a moron, and apologize in advance.

I've had a few nose wheel landings, which is not like me.... Is that accurate? Not sure what you're meaning is...

Sorry for the brief aside, but Lars W. was really Q_flyer, wasn't he?  If so, I KNEW it.  If not, than I'm a moron, and apologize in advance.

Wait, what?

EDIT: I see, he was banned and his username was changed. Was it really him?

Oh this IS good to hear from real world Cherokee experience, thank you for sharing

Coming from you, Rob, this is indeed endorsement for me to get this. Thanks.

Well, I do not own the Piper, but Alex, who owns it since day 1, and is working on his IFR ticket in a Piper pretty much the same model as this one, had reported, long before A2A released this masterpiece, that in his first flights he ran out of pitch for rounding up during landing. 

The aircraft really requires a well set approach and landing speed and good trim, and it's easy to float during the flare, and also to touch 3-points :-)

So.... as he pointed out in his first commentaries and on a flight he did and I observed through Skype, A2A really captured all of the details of this Piper  in their model! 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I've had a few nose wheel landings, which is not like me.... Is that accurate? Not sure what you're meaning is...

If you wait to flare too long, it's easy to run out of elevator authority and ending up 3-pointing or nose wheel first. 

In real life I've never hit the nose wheel first but I will testify that it's like flaring a semi-truck if you run out of speed over the runway and start dropping.

Did they get the toe brake piece worked out?  I still cannot get the toe brakes on my Saitek pedals to work properly, even with the BrakeReleaseThreshold tweak.

Kevin

I worked around this by using fsuipc to send to sim as an axis and assigned them to the sim the normal way. That made mine work. See if it helps you. Cpt out.

I picked up this gem last night, and as a former PA28 owner, I am completely amazed about the accuracy (sound, starting procedure, effects on poor management, the shop by itself is amazing, you can check compression, etc.), these guys have done a fantastic job.

It  took me back to my days flying my Cherokee in the NY area, the cockpit sounds, the quirks of that aircraft, everything feels like I am in the real thing.

I cant stop flying this baby!!! one thing, it might be me as I have not flown GA in quite a while, but it seems that the nose is a bit too easy to come up while doing soft field takeoff.... again it could be me, but I remember my Cherokee taking longer to get the nose up... otherwise I have nothing bad to say about this master piece!

Great job A2A, I would love for them to do a Mooney next!

John

Something I noticed while watching videos of the Cherokee is that the door opens as soon as you click the handle. I don't think I've ever seen this in other FSX/P3D aircraft, where the door opens a few seconds after you click the handle (and it feels very unrealistic), and I don't think the A2A C172 had that either. Can anyone see if the Accu-Sim 2.0 update brought that ability to the C172 too?

Wow, wow, wow...

After having spent some time now in this, it's really brilliant.  I had considered the 172 to be the pinnacle of GA, but this tops it.  Great job A2A!

I guess I'm lucky to be flying this in FSX, because I'm thoroughly entertained.  :lol: 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I cant stop flying this baby!!! one thing, it might be me as I have not flown GA in quite a while, but it seems that the nose is a bit too easy to come up

Agreed about the nose - I got my license in a Cherokee... I never felt I was going to tail strike like I do in this version ha.

Also about Saitek toe brakes - thank goodness I'm not the only one - I have serious trouble taxiing this and the Cessna. Unless I'm just creeping along turning is very difficult. I don't have registered FSUIPC - never saw a need for it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, I'm surprised you dont have FSUIPC.

To me it's worth the price alone for being able to set different control profiles depending on which aircraft gets loaded.

I was the Chief Flight Instructor for the Piper dealer in Sacramento in the 60's and 70's and flew all the Pipers including the PA-28 in one form or another, a lot.  That's why I bought the A2A Cherokee.  I wanted to see just how close they got it to the real deal.  Wow. This is an incredible simulation of the actual airplane as I remember it.  The one minor exception being the nose being a little too anxious to pop up on take off.  Other than that, it is the closest thing to real I have experienced in FSX.  If you're on the fence on this one, go ahead and jump.  You won't regret it.

• Upvote 1

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument