Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Cherokee is here!

Well they did have the F-4 Phantom in the works, but I think it was scrapped for the time being.

I believe they were planning an F-104 to be a test bed for the F-4, but that's been put on hold from what I understood.  Which makes me sad, since the F-104 is one of my all time favorites, and I would of been more than happy with it as a test run for an accusim'ed jet. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the Comanche or Bonanza for their next GA aircraft. The Comanche just makes too much sense for them to pass up.

Pretty sure they have plans for the Comanche.  I would absolutely love it if they were to do a Bonanza though.

Who am I kidding, I'm pretty sure I'd throw my wallet at the screen for whatever GA they might come up with! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Are you actually still using a 9800GT? You really need to upgrade that graphics card.

I'll go a step farther than Molleh and say that, unfortunately, your whole system is going to be challenged by any Accu-sim aircraft.  They're much more demanding than default, both graphically and "under the hood" (because of all the processing required to run all the aircraft systems and persistent maintenance).  What you're experiencing is a classic symptom of an overmatched video card but your CPU is likely to struggle, too.  You probably won't appreciate my spending your money for you, but even a lower-middle-of-the-road modern quad-core system and a GPU with several gigs of VRAM is going to give you substantially better performance - you can have a much more enjoyable experience without having to shell out for a top-of-the-line machine.  Hope this helps.

Agreed - I'm surprised you even get that many fps....

But the key phrase there is "default aircraft"

They do almost nothing to fps.... some addons drop fps more than 80% from a stock plane.

Time to save for a new PC!

I guess I should've updated my specs as I upgraded to a Geforce 650 a while back. Anyway the plane runs well with no stutters and I can hold at a locked 30 fps just fine. My CPU is 7 years old and still runs great and I always told myself I'll never upgrade unless it caves in. For now I might put this back in the hangar for a while and run default and also my totally tricked out FS9 which I still get a blast out of..

Cheers

I guess I should've updated my specs as I upgraded to a Geforce 650 a while back. Anyway the plane runs well with no stutters and I can hold at a locked 30 fps just fine. My CPU is 7 years old and still runs great and I always told myself I'll never upgrade unless it caves in. For now I might put this back in the hangar for a while and run default and also my totally tricked out FS9 which I still get a blast out of..

Well, that's definitely an improvement on the graphics card front.  But your CPU is still going to be a bottleneck.  If I recall correctly, the 6750 was the first of several CPUs that I threw at FSX when it first came out, and for me at least it was never really up to the job.  More to the point - setting up a system for FSX is all about balance, that is, matching performance among the CPU, the GPU and memory speed and timings, so that everything is working together and no one component is holding back any other.  The 6750 and the 650 are a bit of a mismatch.  Eventually you may want to think about an i7 quad core CPU and fast system RAM.  But you're also right that there's a lot of life left in FS9 and the 6750 runs it beautifully.  Enjoy, and remember that the Cherokee will be here and waiting when your future system arrives.

Havent quite clicked the buy button...... yet.  I have the A2A 172  trainer,  but havent flown it a great deal.   I saw in the promo video  the fuses ,  do these pop out now and again and cause issues in a used model?  That may just tempt me to click as I find that if something can go wrong  at any time it adds a bit more to the flight.    A finance model  added would also be great rather than just being able to repair for no penalty , having a budget to force me to take better care of it would be a great add on,  Likewise something along the lines of the 377 captain of the ship career would be a must buy for me!

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Havent quite clicked the buy button...... yet.  I have the A2A 172  trainer,  but havent flown it a great deal.   I saw in the promo video  the fuses ,  do these pop out now and again and cause issues in a used model?  That may just tempt me to click as I find that if something can go wrong  at any time it adds a bit more to the flight.    A finance model  added would also be great rather than just being able to repair for no penalty , having a budget to force me to take better care of it would be a great add on,  Likewise something along the lines of the 377 captain of the ship career would be a must buy for me!

Circuit breakers and fuses are modeled, but they don't pop or trip, yet. A2A said after release that in future updates they were going to add more functionality to this system.

Hope that helps!

Jared Listinsky

Circuit breakers and fuses are modeled, but they don't pop or trip, yet. A2A said after release that in future updates they were going to add more functionality to this system.

Hope that helps!

Well, at least one seems to be modeled, I've had to set the starter breaker on 2 different occasions after pushing the starter button did nothing so far.

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I found some great free Hawaii photoscenery, so I changed my mind about this airplane. It's perfect for sight seeing photoscenery. I do wish they made a faster plane like a turbo C208

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/dp/0764588222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401735920&sr=8-1&keywords=Real+world+fsx

700 pages of flying instruction using FSX written by instructors, based around actual lessons (such as Slow Flight and Stalls, for example). Structured, easy to follow with online downloadable flights. 

I also own this book and I totally agree it is extremely useful and easy to follow. I love the way that those two authors, who are real world FIs, focus on how to learn using FSX.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

The sounds (all of them), are a $50 add-on, all by themselves...  :)

Exactly. I've seldom seen a plane with so many sounds and also of such an excellent quality...unbelievable. It's so good that I often fly for a few minutes with 1,700rpm just because of the sound it produces.... almost like music in my ears.

Well you guys are really missing out on the Cherokee. Simply stellar depiction of the real aircraft, but that is no surprise being from A2A. But besides that, there is something simply magical with this bird, and fps performance is excellent. If your a GA and steam gauge fanatic like me, this is a no brainer.

I personally have no problems throwing all my money at A2A, they deserve it.

Indeed, there is something magical about this bird.... and in every category: sound, graphics, flight dynamics, features, etc, you name it.... heck A2A even deserves praise for their excellent manual.

Anyone who loves small planes and steam gauges and who doesn't buy this one, either doesn't have the money or doesn't have any clue what he's missing...it's seriously that good, it's setting standards.

Indeed, there is something magical about this bird.... and in every category: sound, graphics, flight dynamics, features, etc, you name it.... heck A2A even deserves praise for their excellent manual.

Anyone who loves small planes and steam gauges and who doesn't buy this one, either doesn't have the money or doesn't have any clue what he's missing...it's seriously that good, it's setting standards.

I agree.  It's absolutely superb.  It would of been hard to imagine that they would of out-done their 172, but this one is, hands down.  Not saying the 172 is bad in any way, it's great as well.. it's just that this one is better. ^_^

I think that the only issue is that so many people did get the 172, that this just doesn't check any different boxes for them.  In something like a Carenado mindset, that may be a correct assumption: flown one, flown 'em all.  But these two A2A releases, the 172 and the Cherokee, at this level of fidelity, are very much completely different planes and make for a very pleasant contrast.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I agree.  It's absolutely superb.  It would of been hard to imagine that they would of out-done their 172, but this one is, hands down.  Not saying the 172 is bad in any way, it's great as well.. it's just that this one is better. ^_^

I think that the only issue is that so many people did get the 172, that this just doesn't check any different boxes for them.  In something like a Carenado mindset, that may be a correct assumption: flown one, flown 'em all.  But these two A2A releases, the 172 and the Cherokee, at this level of fidelity, are very much completely different planes and make for a very pleasant contrast.

Jim,

I do agree with you. I think the people who are just looking for a different airplane to fly who already bought the A2A 172 will not see much appeal in the Cherokee. 

Jared Listinsky

Comparing the 172 with Cherokee is like comparing an A320 with 737.  They are similar only in that they are the same category and class of airplane.  Different systems, procedures, quirks, 'feel', looks, different generation of aircraft being simulated...and so on.

Cheers

TJ

Comparing the 172 with Cherokee is like comparing an A320 with 737. They are similar only in that they are the same category and class of airplane. Different systems, procedures, quirks, 'feel', looks, different generation of aircraft being simulated...and so on.

Cheers

TJ

There is another similar thing about them.... Both excellent products . I have them both now and early impressions are that I prefer the Cherokee seems to have something a bit more about it ...

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Without leaning on ground you WILL foul your plugs. On a hot day in Aus, you run the risk of cylinder damage trying to un-foul your plugs at the run-up before take off from not leaning in the first place.

On a 30+ degree day, at a busy airport like YSBK, it's not always possible to point those engines into the wind while doing the run up and those CHT's can go through the roof if not careful.