Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

You MUST see this!

I have bad and good news:First I had the permission of the VFTC team to upload their video to AVSIM but this request is declined by the library manager for reasons of bandwidth as long as the mirrors aren't up.The good news then: The link to the video is again active. So if you didn't see it yet, now is the time!These are the comments that I did receive on the video:1. MOVIE CREATOR:Konstantin Borovik (info@virtualflight.ru)2. INSTRUCTIONS:Video codec: Windows Media Video 9, 640x480Audio codec: Windows Media Audio 9.1, 128 kbps, stereoYou can download codec from oficial Microsoft site:http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/0...4/WM9Codecs.exeLength: 10 min 51 secSize: 82.5 Mb3. ABOUT THE MOVIE:This video introduces you the team aerobatics made by the team of Virtual Flight Training Center (Russia, Moscow www.virtualflight.ru) using beta-version of addon 1.1 "Flaming Cliffs" for well known aviasimulator "LockOn: Modern Air Combat Simulator". The video is based on the VFTC aerobatic team perfomance in the grand opening of the 1-st Russian Cup of computer sports (2004 May, Moscow) and the International Aerobatics Festival (2004 August, Zhukovsky). These shows were made by 9 virtual pilots and the 3 people group of flight management and technical support. Each virtual flight show was 25 minutes long and was directly broadcasted to a large plasma panel for numerous onlookers.VFTC public relation managerMikhail "Searcher" Fatov, =128= VFTC.

I can't say I'm impressed with the Virtual Thunderbirds video. The aerobatics skills are superb but the poor fotage i.e. simulated camera shakes and the constant in-of, out-of focus in every clip got me tired and I stopped watching after 1/3rd of the movie. Too bad because they seem to be a talented group as well.My two canadian cents,

Now that was cool to see.I never had LOMAC, but that video was very well done.I really felt I was viewing a show.I saw the Blue Angels, year in the life the other day, and this reminded me of that.Thanks for bringing this up again,Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest bonjourmoi44

Unbelievable

Guest Jimbofly

Wooooow!!!That's some seriously awesome flying!I'll certainly be keeping that one on my HDD!!To the pilots involved in making the video:Your flying skills are worthy of some worshipping on my part. The knife-edge formation displays are awe-inspiring.

Nice to know you can go through complete revision of your polital system, severe economic crises, and still have good enough hardware to be able to run that multiplayer at that performance level! There's hope for the US now as we plunge closer n closer toward a bigger, more diverse 3rd world country. Hopefully we will come out the other side with enough bucks for commoners to own good hardware. Here here!Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest panda234

yeah, I've seen this one a few times, and every time it makes my cojones scrinkle up. Nice video!!billg

Matt,Some of my favorite people in my squadron are our Canadians and Austrailians they are the funnier than us and have better stories about being drunk and doing funny stuff. Anyway I just downloaded and wathced the video and mine doesn't go in and out of focus at all, I think it may be some of your software settings or it may be some issues with your hardware.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I agree, Mats...I LOVE the TBirds, but the TBird video on that site is way too jumpy. Not stuttery as in "my computer must have something wrong" stuttery, but the camera moves are not smooth, the focus/dream "effect" was overused, and it generally left me with a headache when it ended.Looks like the piloting is top notch, but the sim-videography leaves a little to be desired. If only they left the pilot view alone - when they scan the instruments with the pilot view, ugh. I have to look away. If the creators of that video are reading, PLEASE DO IT AGAIN! Your skills behind the stick, rudder, and throttle are evident! Just make the video a little less aggressive, and you will have a GREAT showpiece! I think your flying makes it worth another try.The Russian video, however, holy heck! That is a masterpiece - smooth, skilled flying... worth EVERY minute to watch it all. Late edit:After watching the entire thing, I REALLY wish I had the skills to fly that way AND to make the video. I don't want to sound overly critical because I enjoyed the film. The Thunderbirds are my personal favorite demo team, so it was quite nice to see a video based on them. Next up for download? THe Blue Angels video.:)

Guest Searcher _VFTC_

>There is an F16 team that did a better jobHi! There is no F16 in LockOn. Those guys "cheat", they use F16 shape for F15 plane with 20% unlimited fuel... F15 in LockOn runs more easy than MiG and Su. Of course, what they do are the great things!By the way, this video is a part of the "live" shows, made for numerous onloockers.

Guest Searcher _VFTC_

Greetings from Moscow, guys!Thanks a lot for such kind words! It's great to know that the things we do are interesting not for us only.Several words about this video. It was a "live" show, it lasted 25 minutes and several hundred people were watching it on a big plasma panel screen. This show was already demonstrated 2 times and all this video was made of the 2 tracks of these shows.Unswering the qwestions were asked here, I can say that noone of us was using TrackIR and the computers we were given for those shows were not very fast. So, all video settings were minimum to have at least 10-20 fps. They were set maximum later for rendering video.Yes, the new 1.1 version of Lock On was used.Finaly, it has released! Ask it in shops, the box version includes a book and T-shirt. The full name is "Lock On: Modern Air Combat Simulator", addon 1.1 "Hot Clifs".Also I'd like to welcome you to our web-site:http://virtualflight.ruYou can find there more videos, screenshots and photos. English version of forum is coming soon.

Now this is an airshow I'd love to see in real life. Some of those tricks I've never seen before. Does that Russian team still perform???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2