Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise"

I'm perplexed guys... MS is listed on the stock market, and such an announcement could have implications for their share price, and/or insider trading.

If this news is correct, then why can I not find official word on it on the MS website?

If this news was to be broken by MS at some later date (i.e. shareholder meeting or other venue) then why is AVSIM releasing half-information on this now? AVSIM is the only place that I can find reporting this news - I can't find any other sources to substantiate the claim.

None of this makes sense.

Best regards,

Robin.

Ok jeez, I should have stayed quiet :/ No offence mate but people need to read posts carefully. I never mentioned an airline pilot, I mentioned someone who runs an Airline.

My bad - sorry about that. Error aside, even before I got to your post at the beginning of the thread my first thought was Aerosoft, followed by PMDG. But they each have their own fish to fry.... Speculation can be fun sometimes!

I only hope that the new owner(s) provide capable stewardship for the classic franchise.

Why are people saying Aerosoft could have bought it? They even say the purchaser is an unlikely company so that rules out Aerosoft. Plus, I doubt Aerosoft has enough money to buy it.

Maybe is Avsim.com who is buying it. They have deep enough pockets.  :He He: 

Ok jeez,  I should have stayed quiet :/ No offence mate but people need to read posts carefully.  I never mentioned an airline pilot, I mentioned someone who runs an Airline (more accurately airline charter).

And I am not based in Europe.  I am in Europe, Middle East & Asia, for the last few months and next few weeks I am in the Middle East. I guess if I was ever to say I was based anywhere it would be Bahrain or Dubai

Guy's, info will be released soon and we will all be enlightened 

Cheers 

If you know anything can you at least tell us if this is good news or bad.  An airline CEO taking the code will only horde the technology all to themselves meaning LM is truly the way forward at this point for those sticking with Bruce Artwick's original vision.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If you know anything can you at least tell us if this is good news or bad.  An airline CEO taking the code will only horde the technology all to themselves meaning LM is truly the way forward at this point for those sticking with Bruce Artwick's original vision.

This is the last thing I am saying on the matter.  'Read the entire thread' 

Rob Prest

Hmmmmmm.... Peoples reactions are as interesting as the available news.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There is a huge difference between selling a "license", and selling "licensing rights" (the ability to license to others) or all rights and claims to the IP.  So lets see how this shakes out.  What this deal is, and what it is not.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Makeup has done a wonderful job. Now onto Hair. 13:56 to go.

Since its being announced at E3 I doubt we will like the news....EA and Nintendo are there....etc...

My take is this is either the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever. 1 of those 2 things.

Richie Walsh

Would I go back to work on it?

Ah... 'a blast from the past'.

An opportune time to say thank you for your participation here after the release of FSX, your FSX blog and the work you and ACES put into FSX.

Quite literally thousands of hours of enjoyment.  Thanks.

-Rob O.

This is the last thing I am saying on the matter.  'Read the entire thread' 

Hey, Rob, don't let the #*<^#&'s get you down.

On another note, I bought P3D Pro today...

JUST IN!

Howard Hughes is still alive and has purchased not only the Microsoft flight simulator license, but all of Microsoft itself.  States that the H-4 Hercules will be a default airplane and pictured on the new simulator cover.

Film and details to follow at 11.  Stay tuned.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled speculation.

I'm also looking forward to what assets exactly have been acquired.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea