Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise"

Eight pages in, and a humble request...

Please do not turn this into another Speculation Thread. None of us have any knowledge about who Purchased the License, and what they plan to do with it. 

That being said, I am hoping it wasn't UNIVAC, or else we could be in for some very hard times ahead.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Eight pages in, and a humble request...

Please do not turn this into another Speculation Thread. None of us have any knowledge about who Purchased the License, and what they plan to do with it. 

That being said, I am hoping it wasn't UNIVAC, or else we could be in for some very hard times ahead.

At this point it cant be very much but a speculation thread.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just don't see anyway that it's a 3PD that licensed it.

JV said Orbx was barely breaking even in an interview two years ago. And what other 3PDs would have several million in disposable capital laying around? Pretty much none of them.

One thing I think we can be fairly sure of - whatever MS is doing/has done, it's unlikely they are doing it for our benefit :mellow:

Hey, that's what makes it fun!  All of this IS just FUN!  Relax, and enjoy each others' comments.  No one yet knows so let it continue to rip!

Haven't had this much fun in ages.

Someone PM me when we actually know what is going on....

8 pages of nothing....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Watch it unfold here hopefully http://www.ign.com/events/e3

Microsoft press conference 9.30 PDT 5.30 UK time

I don't think Microsoft would be the ones revealing the new Flight Simulator title. From Tuesday to Thursday many "secret E3 games" will make an appearance, so rest assured there won't be an announcement today.

If it was going to be any 3pd it would be Aerosoft.

What about Dovetail Games, the company that took over Rail Simulator from Kuju and have made a great success of what is now TS2014? (Paul Jackson is their CEO formerly a VP at EA)

Should be a read-only thread.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Fun Mode: On

Before we all get too excited....I told my wife about the anouncement. She called her cousin who has a daughter who is married to a guy who is enrolled in an on line collage as a 2nd year law student. He thinks that Tom may have misunderstood the up-coming news because that sell would not hold up in court. ....So there you have it....Time to get back to flying.

Fun Mode: Standby

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

LM bought the licence for ESP, a totally different product

Totally different? Same s***, different EULA...

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

@ sidekickUBT, that sir, is a rather callous statement, considering the recent tragedy. shame on you.

Jazz

What about Dovetail Games, the company that took over Rail Simulator from Kuju and have made a great success of what is now TS2014? (Paul Jackson is their CEO formerly a VP at EA)

That may very well be it. The original plan for MS Train Simulator 2 before it was cancelled, (and my understanding it was pretty far along when it was!) It would run on a version of  FS/ESP engine, and provide a world wide rail default scenery base, allowing travel continent wide, with the ability of adding more detailed scenery on top like we do in FSX. A future plan was to merge it in with FSX to make a transportation simulator, that both could use in multiplayer at the same time. Their current Rail Simulator is route based, which is limiting. This would be a perfect fit for them, and would match Tom's hint, that it's not someone directly involved in flight sims.  

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My money is on somebody terrible like EA or Ubisoft.  I doubt they will want to bother with the complex market, start expecting FSXI candy crush saga for iOS.

Best case "Wild" Bill Stealey, i look forward to the Microprose revival.

I would have said the ex-Aces team, but it was made pretty clear it's nobody we would expect, or by extension want.

Ian R Tyldesley

Fun Mode: On

Before we all get too excited....I told my wife about the anouncement. She called her cousin who has a daughter who is married to a guy who is enrolled in an on line collage as a 2nd year law student. He thinks that Tom may have misunderstood the up-coming news because that sell would not hold up in court. ....So there you have it....Time to get back to flying.

Fun Mode: Standby

This was sarcasm, right? Because I know a guy who knows a guy who heard of a guy who had a beer with a gal who ate at a restaurant one time and met a chef who thinks it is sarcasm. 

Anthony Cacciatore