Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

MS Flight continues... new rumours

So what both great platform currently miss is the "easy to hop on" action for kids between 10 and 20.

BTW: Is FLIGHT! still around? Can I download it and try to fly around Alaska? I never botheed to try it out and now I am curious if I would like it. There was also a CarbonCub for FLIGHT! I would like to try that one too.

Once again, so many "hard core simmers" could never get past the silly beginning flight tests. Therefore they never got to discover what Flight was and what it could have become. I have all the aircraft and land areas available and fly it every day since the beginning. I try and try but find it very difficult to go back to FSX. The hop on hop off and the smoothness of the whole experience had me hooked. The multiflyer function is so intuitive and fun.

Unfortunately the game is no longer available for download as far as the expansion packs are concerned. I don't know for sure if the free down load can still be gotten or not.

Ok, I it appears the basic game can still be downloaded as RatRace says. It is wellworth your time to try it out. The Icon is fun and the Stearman is very challenging. 

Steve 

It does talk about developing new flight technology and the release of a new game in 2015. We can indeed hope.

Steve

I think that was very much the point of Flight. Instead, the kids are jumping on War Thunder. My nephew just downloaded it, and he's very excited and interested. And guess what? The people who started out on "Arcade mode" in that "Game" are now moving up into a "Full Real Battle" mode that cedes little ground, if any to "real simulations" like Rise of Flight.

The kids still love flying. Just not the "Study Sim" and "Instrument management" sims that are generally favored here. And now, the sims that remain offer less and less of an entry level experience to capture a new audience. It's become all about the existing audience.

Yes, the same here: I started with early flight sims (thirty years ago) and then switched over to the military stuff (Appache, Longbow, Tornado, Eurofighter Typhon, etc. - the older will remember ^_^).

But I finally turned older and my interest in more "settled" flying started to prevail over the fast action but my addiction to flightsimulation and aviation as such stayed with me.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I always believed it would be Dovetail.

And Flight is right up their alley, ready with the ability for automatic updates, an in-game store, and designed from the beginning with DLC content in mind........

They may modify the hell out of some parts of it, but I suspect that what they eventually release will be very recognizably based on Flight

The community reaction should be....... Vigorous.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I can't imagine they would release DLC for the "ancient" MS FS engine !

So indeed, there is hope !

I don't believe that 2015 is enough time to come up with a new product based on Microsoft tech. Again, to me this suggests a modified MS FLIGHT.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Random question - Does anyone know if I can find my MS Flight DLC keys anywhere now that GWL servers are down?  Just in case they can be used for something with whatever DTG releases later...

Well, a modified version of Flight would be considered a new product to them.  I mean they could even just rebrand\skin it and resell it and call it a new product.

It isn't worth trying to get your keys for Flight stuff as they will likely release on steam as a different product and will want to resell you all that content :)

Well, a modified version of Flight would be considered a new product to them.  I mean they could even just rebrand\skin it and resell it and call it a new product.

It isn't worth trying to get your keys for Flight stuff as they will likely release on steam as a different product and will want to resell you all that content :)

It would be a nice customer relations move however, to honor already purchased DLC...........

Otherwise previous people who brought into the concept might hold back, unwilling to start all over again.

Plus, with rail-sim, Dovetail has a history of free user updates to new releases.

Devons rig

Yeah, but they have no way of knowing is a key is valid or who owns what, except maybe for the people who bought it on Steam.  Even then I have high doubts.

There is an old saying in Puerto Rico, my homeland, that say: "Don't set free a bird you've got in your hands to take another who's still flying." I not going  back to fsx. No after being with Flight for two years.

I got a bird in my hands (stonelance's toolkit), that is working fine for me and have some possibilities for the future. The other bird is flying too far from me (the dovetail version coming somewhere in 2015).

And, who knows? When Steam start selling DLC for Dovetail's version, maybe I already have them...for free.

God bless you all.

Oscar

Great News! One can only hope of a bright future for this community. Trust me... all this waiting will one day pay off!

This makes absolutely no sense in my opinion.

Now selling FSX via Steam and they are "investigating new concepts" about what to do next?