Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FTX: Global openLC Europe Released

No, Vector doesn't contain landclass data. It used to, but it was moved to openLC.

Cool! Thanks for the info.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I don't use Vector and really don't see anything missing that much.  I think that is just a tactic to sell more of that product if you ask me.  I suppose for those that have it, it may improve it somewhat but it is not necessary at the moment to go spend $60 on it in my opinion.

It's this brand or that. Chose and enjoy. Why the hate? 

FYI - $60 for Vector is up to the buyer. It does not FIX or IMPROVE the other products. It it FIXES, IMPROVES stuff in FSX just like UTX. So it's only as necessary as you would feel UTX is. Like UTX, it adds missing lakes and rivers and other water bodies. Adjusts shorelines (shapes) to match Google Earth. Adds some main roads, railroads and things like that that are otherwise missing from a map standpoint. So flying VFR you will have more references to the map you are reading actually being there. Golf courses, city parks and municipal forests. Ports and docks. While it is not perfect and not quite as mature a product as UTX, it is constantly being worked on and improved. Another large patch with higher resolution NA data is fast approaching.

All comparisons aside, ORBX sells products that compete with other companies. 

FTX Global = GEX

FTX Vector = UTX

OpenLC = Scenerytech

Pilots (not ORBX) FS Global 2010 = FSGenesis

What is so hard about this? If you want a landclass. Pick the best one. If you want a Vector Product, pick one. 

Global Works with all of them. UTX works with Global. If you do not own UTX, Vector is in constant tuning and patching and will no doubt integrate in some ways a bit better with Global as ORBX no doubt cares to make them play nice nice as they develop them both! 

And really? I mean REALLY??!?!?! ORBX recommending getting Vector to go with Global is no different than GEX devs recommending UTX and visa versa. So ORBX advertising their brand is a tactic? Yes. It's called marketing and advertising. Are people daft? For Christs sake!

All this evil ORBX rhetoric makes me want to puke.

*shakes head*

Charles.

It would be nice to know how is VAS compared to UTX.

If it is less, that might worth the price!

It's this brand or that. Chose and enjoy. Why the hate? 

FYI - $60 for Vector is up to the buyer. It does not FIX or IMPROVE the other products. It it FIXES, IMPROVES stuff in FSX just like UTX. So it's only as necessary as you would feel UTX is. Like UTX, it adds missing lakes and rivers and other water bodies. Adjusts shorelines (shapes) to match Google Earth. Adds some main roads, railroads and things like that that are otherwise missing from a map standpoint. So flying VFR you will have more references to the map you are reading actually being there. Golf courses, city parks and municipal forests. Ports and docks. While it is not perfect and not quite as mature a product as UTX, it is constantly being worked on and improved. Another large patch with higher resolution NA data is fast approaching.

All comparisons aside, ORBX sells products that compete with other companies. 

FTX Global = GEX

FTX Vector = UTX

OpenLC = Scenerytech

Pilots (not ORBX) FS Global 2010 = FSGenesis

What is so hard about this? If you want a landclass. Pick the best one. If you want a Vector Product, pick one. 

Global Works with all of them. UTX works with Global. If you do not own UTX, Vector is in constant tuning and patching and will no doubt integrate in some ways a bit better with Global as ORBX no doubt cares to make them play nice nice as they develop them both! 

And really? I mean REALLY??!?!?! ORBX recommending getting Vector to go with Global is no different than GEX devs recommending UTX and visa versa. So ORBX advertising their brand is a tactic? Yes. It's called marketing and advertising. Are people daft? For Christs sake!

*shakes head*

Charles.

I don't see any hate only opinions and what people feel.  This happens everytime ORBX releases a product.

Some people come in with their opinions and hallelujah here comes the ORBX choir boys to sing the praises and claim anybody who disagrees is evil and just plain stupid; or as you say HATING.

I'm sorry Charles but this is not the OBRX forum and people are entitled to speak their minds here to a certain extent.  If you want only praise about their product go to ORBX forums and sing with them.  If they don't like the price does that really effect your enjoyment of the product?  I don't think so.

I bought the product and I enjoy it but I answered a simple question that I saw no need for vector.

We know you and many other people love everything ORBX puts out and thats great but goodness other people may have differing views.  Were not all ORBX F@@Boys here.

Sean Green

flightsimstore-europe.co.uk

Host

Error

Can't download it. Grrr.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I don't see any hate only opinions and what people feel.  This happens everytime ORBX releases a product.

Some people come in with their opinions and hallelujah here comes the ORBX choir boys to sing the praises and claim anybody who disagrees is evil and just plain stupid; or as you say HATING.

I'm sorry Charles but this is not the OBRX forum and people are entitled to speak their minds here to a certain extent.  If you want only praise about their product go to ORBX forums and sing with them.  If they don't like the price does that really effect your enjoyment of the product?  I don't think so.

I bought the product and I enjoy it but I answered a simple question that I saw no need for vector.

We know you and many other people love everything ORBX puts out and thats great but goodness other people may have differing views.  Were not all ORBX F@@Boys here.

Hey. Sorry if I read you wrong. I will commend you on admitting that the product is worth the $40 and you like it. Takes integrity to admit that when you are (self expressed) not a fan of the company and even less of a fan of those that are (Yes I am a fan of ORBX products).

And for the record. I am a fan of the hobby of Flightsim and all good addons (I have everything from UTX+GEX to Global+Vector and countless scenery and planes). F@@nboy through and through in that regard and not ashamed in the least. So if that was meant as a spank, it felt more like a deep oil relaxation massage. ;)

Take care.

C.

Not sure UTX will work with OpenLC? Not sure.

From the OpenLC manual compatibility section :

FTX Global openLC competes with UTX since we replace landclass data contained in UTX. You have a lot of
configuration options available using the UTX configuration tool and we recommend you take time to explore
what works best when FTXG and openLC are combined.

Furthermore a link is available to the FTX Compatibility forum but i don't see anything about OpenLC yet...

*shakes head*

+1

cheers,

Jan

GEX and UTX are way too outdated.

Agreed. A lot of the vector data around my area (with UTX is pre-2006ish), but with Vector, it's all up to date for the most part. I like the Global textures better than the GEX ones, so it was a no brainer to buy it.

Took a flight last night with OpenLC Europe and I'm pretty impressed.

Here's my take for what it's worth:

When you add up what it costs to buy all the GEX regional texture packs, all the Ultimate Terrain X scenery regions, and all the landclass regions (e.g. Scenery Tech or Cloud 9), you end up spending over $400.

You can buy ORBX FTX Global textures which cover the entire world for $95, FTX Vector which covers the entire world for $65, openLC Europe which not only provides accurate landclass for a huge area but includes new, custom textures for the different geographical areas of Europe for $37, and landclass for other parts of the world for about $50 - $60.  Lets see, that adds up to about $250.

With ORBX not only does one save about $150 for the same kinds of scenery, but one also gets, in my opinion, superior products when compared with the competition.

ORBX is giving us a heck of deal in my opinion.  Long live ORBX!

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

One question that hasn't been answered, yet. At 9+ Gbs of data, what is the impact on loadup times, and performance in game? In FSX? In P3dv2?

Jazz

Here's my take for what it's worth:

When you add up what it costs to buy all the GEX regional texture packs, all the Ultimate Terrain X scenery regions, and all the landclass regions (e.g. Scenery Tech or Cloud 9), you end up spending over $400.

You can buy ORBX FTX Global textures which cover the entire world for $95, FTX Vector which covers the entire world for $65, openLC Europe which not only provides accurate landclass for a huge area but includes new, custom textures for the different geographical areas of Europe for $37, and landclass for other parts of the world for about $50 - $60.  Lets see, that adds up to about $250.

With ORBX not only does one save about $150 for the same kinds of scenery, but one also gets, in my opinion, superior products when compared with the competition.

ORBX is giving us a heck of deal in my opinion.  Long live ORBX!

Dave

We have a winner - EXACTLY - some just dont get it also screenshots just dont do orbx products justice

Rich Sennett

Not sure I'll bother with this. Already have the FTX England, Wales and Scotland areas along with FTX Global coupled with UTX Europe. If I were to get this I'd have to also get FTX Vector too! All adds up I'm afraid. Only fly in Europe so no need for a global vector product and then buying landclass for EU.

Not sure I'll bother with this. Already have the FTX England, Wales and Scotland areas along with FTX Global coupled with UTX Europe. If I were to get this I'd have to also get FTX Vector too! All adds up I'm afraid. Only fly in Europe so no need for a global vector product and then buying landclass for EU.

It will work fine with UTX Europe. You dont need vector.

Just disable the UTX Europe Landclass in the UTX control panel along with the ground polys.

Well I still don't think 40aud is expensive as most people in this thread have spent more on addons they don't use or use once in a blue moon which makes less sense than openlc eu costing 40aud. At least with openlc if you buy for the region you like to fly in it will get constant use.

No hobby is cheap these days and if people are not happy with the price of addons do not buy them and take up knitting instead as it's cheaper than simming, besides there is other sims on the market like X plane or flight gear so it's not like you don't have a choice.

-Paul-

Just disable the UTX Europe Landclass in the UTX control panel along with the ground polys.

Is openLC that much better than UTX Europe LC (photo scenery extras aside)? Still trying to understand where I'm going to get the most bang for my $40. :-)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Well I still don't think 40aud is expensive as most people in this thread have spent more on addons they don't use or use once in a blue moon which makes less sense than openlc eu costing 40aud. At least with openlc if you buy for the region you like to fly in it will get constant use.

No hobby is cheap these days and if people are not happy with the price of addons do not buy them and take up knitting instead as it's cheaper than simming, besides there is other sims on the market like X plane or flight gear so it's not like you don't have a choice.

I agree - I think this is quite a reasonable price for what it is and does. I think your comparison with other addons is very valid - I for one have spent a lot on addons which I might use / visit no more than once a year, so it is an easy decision to spend a little over £20 on something that will get frequent use and considerably enhance to whole FS experience.

Bill