Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

V2.3 is Released Woo Hoo

Well, I just installed the patch version...and am also downloading the full 10.6 GB zip as a back up.

Can you just patch from 2.2 to 2.3 and expect it to work as well as a full install of 2.3?  

I didn't want to have to go through all the add-on programs...I have inside P3D....and have to re-install them.....

Thanks for the early reports - am suddenly glad I've been on deadline and unable to download and install.  Will stand by and wait to hear more about the CTDs and any other issues.

How long did it take once you started the patch process for it to finish?

The reason I ask is that mine has been going for 10 minutes. The progress bar is moving, but very slowly. There must be tons of logic or something for it to take this long.

Bob

Mine took about 30 seconds, and was finished....

Mine took about 30 seconds, and was finished....

you installed on an SSD?

Check your version  number under menu/help maybe it did not update like mine

Anyone else not getting the updater to work?

you installed on an SSD?

Check your version  number under menu/help maybe it did not update like mine

No..but to a 10,000 RPM Velociraptor HD.  I haven't run P3D yet...because I am still downloading the full install in the background.  I think I might reboot after the completed download..and then fire up P3D (2.3...hopefully...)  I'll report back what the help menu reads out...

I'd like to ask a very important question, to the P3D gurus....if I decided to install the FULL zip install...into my present P3D 2.2 folder...would it install, and leave all the custom stuff alone...and not wipe it out...so as to have v2.3, but still have all my add-ons ready to rock 'n roll?  Has anybody tried this...just to install OVER the 2.2 installation?

I loaded again but this time, I gone to display options as quick as possible. It didn't crash while I was at the Settings but at the sim itself, it does. It takes like 5 seconds for me to get a CTD (total time on the sim).

Júnior Silva

I loaded again but this time, I gone to display options as quick as possible. It didn't crash while I was at the Settings but at the sim itself, it does. It takes like 5 seconds for me to get a CTD (total time on the sim).

The CTD has been  reported on the P3D forum as well

so much for the joy I had, which did not last too long, eh? the time to download 144 MB

(I am Canadian, eh?)

My joy is now CTD'ed  :lol:

The CTD has been  reported on the P3D forum as well

so much for the joy I had, which did not last too long, eh? the time to download 144 MB

(I am Canadian, eh?)

My joy is now CTD'ed  :lol:

If only the Full Installer solves the problem, I don't know how to put it but now I am at 90% @ approx 4MBs.

EDIT: Thanks for the info Rob. I just realised that was my version prior to v2.3. I got ready for the reinstallation as I backed up the 3 folders you mentioned.

Júnior Silva

If you run the patch you need to be at 2.2.10437  (not 2.2.10438 - that's the hot fix).

Hi Rob - thanks for the info. If I take the lazy route and want to just install the patch, how do I revert from  10438 to.10437 before installing patch? Or is this simply not recommended?

Mario Di Lauro

The download just finished and I am unziping the file as well as uninstalling Prepar3Dv2 and delete the two files mentioned (the first two was already deleted as I couldn't find it). Before I start the reinstallation, shall I remove the Prepar3Dv2 directory.

Júnior Silva

Hi Rob - thanks for the info. If I take the lazy route and want to just install the patch, how do I revert from 10438 to.10437 before installing patch? Or is this simply not recommended?

I'm thinking the same thing...why would they not patch from their own last version?!

If you run the patch you need to be at 2.2.10437  (not 2.2.10438 - that's the hot fix).

etc.... etc....

Cheers, Rob.

I did what you said but I am still seeing the version as 2.2.10437 in the help menu

took about less than a minute to patch (did not patch at all)

If I take the lazy route and want to just install the patch, how do I revert from  10438 to.10437 before installing patch?

You will need to do a Repair from the original 10437 installer (setup.exe - do NOT do this from the Control Panel) -- if you did a full install of v2.2 (and not a patch from 2.1 to 2.2).  If you patched from 2.1 to 2.2 and then added the 10438 hot fix I'm not sure how you'll get back to 10437 ... suggest you bring this up in LM's forums.

LM recommended is full install, per LM's web site where you download from.

Also be aware, that when you "uninstall" P3D v2.2 ... if you have any additional directories that were added while you had P3D v2.2 installed, then those will NOT be removed by the uninstall process.  Most add-ons create directories under P3Ds root so you'll still have those lingering around ... you need to make sure to wipe those dirs if you are doing a FULL 2.3 install.

Also be aware if you are running any EXE.XML and/or DLL.XML, you will need to make sure any entries in those files have been updated by appropriate 3rd party vendors (like Orbx, Virtuali, FSUPIC, etc. etc.) if those 3rd party DLLs require it.

Cheers, Rob.

The new patch includes the hot patch 10438.  I would expect it to work if you install over it.

Once again Rob, thanks. It appears the best method is a full install but, my Lord, the work it will require to get everything back up and running again. Perhaps I'll wait to see what the results of 2.3 are before investing the time. 

Mario Di Lauro