Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

V2.3 is Released Woo Hoo

I did what you said but I am still seeing the version as 2.2.10437

Wow, that was quick ... you did everything I suggested to the letter in less than 20 minutes??   Not sure how you did that, the patch alone took about 10-15 minutes on my system.

If you are still having issues, then I'd recommend you do a complete wipe (verify everything is removed) and re-installed.

LM's recommended process is the full install ... per what you will see on their web site under your account.

Cheers, Rob.

You will need to do a Repair from the original 10437 installer (setup.exe - do NOT do this from the Control Panel) -- if you did a full install of v2.2 (and not a patch from 2.1 to 2.2).  If you patched from 2.1 to 2.2 and then added the 10438 hot fix I'm not sure how you'll get back to 10437 ... suggest you bring this up in LM's forums.

LM recommended is full install, per LM's web site where you download from.

Also be aware, that when you "uninstall" P3D v2.2 ... if you have any additional directories that were added while you had P3D v2.2 installed, then those will NOT be removed by the uninstall process.  Most add-ons create directories under P3Ds root so you'll still have those lingering around ... you need to make sure to wipe those dirs if you are doing a FULL 2.3 install.

Also be aware if you are running any EXE.XML and/or DLL.XML, you will need to make sure any entries in those files have been updated by appropriate 3rd party vendors (like Orbx, Virtuali, FSUPIC, etc. etc.) if those 3rd party DLLs require it.

Cheers, Rob.

I just deleted the entire Prepar3Dv2 file but didn't empty my recycle bin. I just reinstalled Prepar3D and it is working great. I got better frame rates.

Júnior Silva

my Lord, the work it will require to get everything back up and running again.

I don't know, I have a pretty massive collection of add-ons and I've done wipes and re-installs about 8 times since beta 2.3 ... with all my add-ons (all Orbx, 50+ aircraft, NavDataPro, REX, etc. etc.) it takes about 3 hours.

Cheers, Rob.

Wow, that was quick ... you did everything I suggested to the letter in less than 20 minutes??   Not sure how you did that, the patch alone took about 10-15 minutes on my system.

Cheers, Rob.

copying/deleting a few folders? not long to do

anyway, I tried re-boot / re-download and still took 30 seconds (maybe 32) to "install" but I checked the main folder and there are no dates of today

gonna wait and see before doing a full install as others are having CTDs with full install

thanks

I just deleted the entire Prepar3Dv2 file but didn't empty my recycle bin. I just reinstalled Prepar3D and it is working great. I got better frame rates.

thats encouraging

I'm thinking the same thing...why would they not patch from their own last version?!

Agree, but this is best directed at LM.  I pointed out the issue ... but I'm not going to 2nd guess why they elected to deploy this way.  I can only offer suggestions to help those that want to try and go the patch route.

Cheers, Rob.

Ok I have a continuous appcrash with msvcr100.dll. I thought at 1st it was orbx scenery so I went to kvny with a default plane but same problem.

Maybe my Saitek panels? 

Anyone else having an appcrash?

I will remove some of my cfg entries and disable the addons.

Bob

I just took a look..and with the patch installed, my sim reports 2.2.10438!

Bummer....

I think I know why mine will not update.

I bought an SSD, transferred the P3DV2 folder to it.

managed to rename the SSD partition to the same letter as the old one that had contained P3DV2

and it worked like a charm.

but i bet that's the problem.

Just done a clean install of 2.3

A quick and dirty test (completely default) with pretty much all settings maxed @1400p I can definitely notice a decent improvement.

Much smoother as the FPS fluctuates from lower to higher.

Just messing around for about 30 mins or so and the most obvious improvements to me are cloud shadow performance and night lighting realism.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

I removed all addons i.e. Saitek panels, default scenery, default plane and still the appcrash.

Guess I will do a complete install.

Bob

Just mucking about for about 30 mins or so and the most obvious improvements to me are cloud shadow performance and night lighting realism.

Now we're getting somewhere!!!! Great news!

Mario Di Lauro

I think I will skip the patch and just do a full install wiping all addons and files.

I don't have that much anyways. Just Orbx Global/Vector/REX/ASN and a couple planes. No big deal.

Seems the issues are coming from mainly people trying to patch.

gonna wait and see before doing a full install as others are having CTDs with full install

I've only see TWO messages about a CTD (other than yours) on LMs forum ... one on Win8.x with possible missing DX9c for audio support and the other was another patch attempt not a complete wipe and install.

30 seconds to install means it's not installed ... suggest you list out your OS Event Log entries to see if you can see any errors.  You also didn't indicate how much free disk space you have on your C: drive nor where OS temp files are pointing to?

I'm trying to help, but if you really want help ... you'll need to be forth coming with specific information.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm also on 2.2.10438.  

So after I followed their approved patching sequence, I now can't patch and have to do a full install?

Sheesh!

On the other hand, I suppose full installs are usually worth the pain.

But a pain is what it'll be - not a simple process in my case.