Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Your favorite weather engine

In weather Live Mode, ASN will always automatically download the weather.

No, there isn't a way to refresh in ASN, but you can change the download interval to 5 minutes.

Oh well, it isn't a big deal anyways. Thanks everybody.

Oh well, it isn't a big deal anyways. Thanks everybody.

To refresh weather, go to Tools, debug window/ refresh weather

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

While we're talking, whats the average core load on ASN while its refreshing weather data?

Some of us are still on dual cores sadly and this figure is relelvant to me.

While we're talking, whats the average core load on ASN while its refreshing weather data?

Some of us are still on dual cores sadly and this figure is relelvant to me.

on my pc it usually shows 3% in the task manager and goes to 6% if i force a refresh, it's not at all noticeable during flight. if you're not sure, there's a free demo so you can try it out on your system anyway!

cheers

-andy crosby

To refresh weather, go to Tools, debug window/ refresh weather

Actually that doesn't load new weather, but reloads previous loaded weather. The way to load weather from the server then go to manual mode is set the weather mode either to live or historical, after the load, then switch to manual mode, then you can modify the conditions as you see fit.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Actually that doesn't load new weather, but reloads previous loaded weather. The way to load weather from the server then go to manual mode is set the weather mode either to live or historical, after the load, then switch to manual mode, then you can modify the conditions as you see fit.

Ok, thanks Tom. Thought it did a new download. Learn something everyday :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Is anyone else waiting for Rex 4 Weather Direct? It's supposed to be coming out later this year.

I tried ASN trial and liked it, but I wanted to see how the new Rex4 system compares.

best way to use ASN, is if you know what aiports or general direction you are flying, use the ASN flight planner, select the srat aiport and a  aiport in the direction yoy are flyin and then hit refresh, it will get all teh weather between the selected aiports, works really well and is how i generally use it.

Okay with all the talk about FSXWX, I went to try it but it said it requires FSUICP, which I don't have.

Can anyone confirm that ASN doesn't require FSUICP either?

FSUIPC is only required for wind smoothing.

I only have the unregistered version of FSUIPC and no issues - apart from the occasional wind shift.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I only have the unregistered version of FSUIPC and no issues - apart from the occasional wind shift.

For ASN FSUIPC is not needed at all, in fact it's recommended all FSUIPC weather functions are turned off.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Not correct. ASN handles all smoothing and FSUIPC is not even necessary for anything ASN related.

ASN is the ONLY weather engine.....and I've tried them all!

Stan

ASN is the ONLY weather engine.....and I've tried them all!

Stan

Hi Stan have you tried the beta sp1 yet, just completed a short flight from kolm to kast in poor visability, 400ft ceiling, just managed to get the twinotter down through the fog,

I'm using dx10 and frames locked at 28, asn dense cloulds hardly dropped it.

Bob