Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

100% Accurate American Repaint

If you want to take a look at the paintkit, PM me.

I would like to have it - thanks

Rich Sennett

Awesome job.  Being a former aircraft mechanic, I can say that the weathering and lube trails from the various parts of the control surfaces, wings, empennage, etc. are spot on.  Rarely have I seen something this good by anyone.  Don't forget the streaming from the engine drains.  Everyone forgets this small but necessary part.  Otherwise, this is a sierra hotel piece of work.

Best,

Kev

Excuse me my ignorance, but... I was looking for pictures/references of the real world N128UW but all I see is a US Airways paint (last spotted 1 month ago in Puerto Rico).

I know AAL acquired AWE, but is N128UW already painted in the AAL colors?

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Most of the aircraft are being painted as we speak. Though the scheduling for repainting them is unknown.

Either way, they'll get to them eventually.

AAL acquired AWE, but is N128UW already painted in the AAL colors

Technically, AWE acquired AAL, but all in all it was a straight merger. There are no A320's painted in the new American livery on the US Airways side. Just A319's and A321's.

NAX669.png

Technically, AWE acquired AAL, but all in all it was a straight merger. There are no A320's painted in the new American livery on the US Airways side. Just A319's and A321's.

Came across a article where a 320 was being painting at the Pittsburgh Fac. Gonna have to find it.

Or it could be that I misread it. Meh, TBI's from IED's will do that ya... :Confused:

DetCord:  Absolutely nicely done.  I was working on the US Airways A321, with measurements from logo designer's webpage, but not the RBG's.  Have tail done, but looking over your detail with envy.  Using Silver Mica for fuselage.  Also have copy of actual "American Sans" lettering in the designer's "Dark Graphic Gray" (the best I could find are 71,74,81) but I am pretty sure that is close, but not exact, and  since the font is not on the market, am having trouble with "painting" lettering in between windows. Some folks opined that the font was Helvetica Neue Bold, but not according to specs on the logo designer's website.  Did you notice the code share US Airways aircraft have a notation next to and at the bottom of the passenger door:  "Operated by US Airways" until the single certificate is issued in 2015?  I've given up so far, as the wife says a week more of 3 AM bedtime and supper in the office is going to cause trouble and I'm too old for that kind of trouble.  Your work is really appreciated, as was your service.  John  

So a bit of a update on something I've been working on. I've been looking at ways to really, really recreate the American base colors off and on for a couple of months. As you may or may not know, its really hard to do something like that in Photoshop. Impossible would be a better description as American uses a special kind of exterior paint on their aircraft (Silver Mica System 7145) that has minute specks of silver colored chips in it. It's what gives the aircraft its almost glittery color. It's also what makes it appear dark grey and light white, depending upon the time of day, natural or ambient light sources and the weather. John is aware of this as well, however, he's having some PC issues at present and is currently tackling those.

First test section.

dGVU5eR.png

Current test section.

L6sbs6n.png

WxhXMyW.png

oE63Od2.png

DetCord:  Absolutely nicely done.  I was working on the US Airways A321, with measurements from logo designer's webpage, but not the RBG's.  Have tail done, but looking over your detail with envy.  Using Silver Mica for fuselage.  Also have copy of actual "American Sans" lettering in the designer's "Dark Graphic Gray" (the best I could find are 71,74,81) but I am pretty sure that is close, but not exact, and  since the font is not on the market, am having trouble with "painting" lettering in between windows. Some folks opined that the font was Helvetica Neue Bold, but not according to specs on the logo designer's website.  Did you notice the code share US Airways aircraft have a notation next to and at the bottom of the passenger door:  "Operated by US Airways" until the single certificate is issued in 2015?  I've given up so far, as the wife says a week more of 3 AM bedtime and supper in the office is going to cause trouble and I'm too old for that kind of trouble.  Your work is really appreciated, as was your service.  John  

Sorry I missed your post. Thread kinda fell to the wayside a bit. The font used is for sale, though a commerical license costs a fortune. John and I have it, but it came from American and cannot be distro'd to the public. As for the CS/US Airways markings (Operated by), they're on the birds that are using US Air registrations.

They have finally painted an A320 in the new AA livery. We had one at DFW this morning.

NAX669.png