Sign in to follow this  
MaDDogz

So...what going on?

...in the offices of PMDG Headquarters?

Since the 777 sp1b release, i havnt seen much of pmdg guys in the forum here. Everything O.K?

Can i ask to get a kinda picture of where projects are curruntly?...where they stand?....obviosly to be taken with a pinch of salt, because thats the nature of the business.

Luke Pype

They won't answer you, they never do.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Automatic Reply: Vacation Message

Message: The person or group you are trying to reach has set an Out of Office Notification to ensure that you are aware that they are unable to respond directly to your message.  Please contact your local point of contact for further assistance if you have questions.

Responder: Otto  Version: 4.1.2  Server Name: Ottobox  Server OS: Linux  Server Platform: Notebook  Server Location: Barbados  Access Point ID (Type): Crystal_Cove_Guest (Wireless)

In all seriousness, the development cycle, which has been mentioned more than a few times by the team members, runs a lot more parallel processes than most assume.  Work on the 747 started a long time ago, and people are rolled on and off that project as their skills are required.  Same goes for other projects.

From what you can read in the (stickied) updates, work has been going on simultaneously for the 777, 747 and DC6 this whole time.  Different team members have different jobs to complete at different times, so they don't all work on the same project at the same time (which is partially why the DC6 even exists).  There's also that surprise they mentioned lingering out there (or is there???  :ph34r: )...

I don't imagine they'll come into this thread to give an update, but keep an eye out for a new sticky for an update whenever they decide there's some milestone worthy of providing.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle...

i was hoping to get a little meat to chew on...so to speak...but it is what it is

Thanks for reply.

Luke Pype

There's also that surprise they mentioned lingering out there (or is there???
The Convair 990?

There's also that surprise they mentioned lingering out there (or is there??? )...

Woodpidgeon

Dan Downs KCRP

SP2 for the NGX giving it weather display, as promised?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I don't even dare to ask for a status update for NGX SDK SP2.

Kyle: I didn't ask, I just said I don't dare to ask.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I wouldnt even dare to ask for a status update on the DC-6, or even,  open a topic asking for such things..... :P:lol:

Luke Pype

A speculative assertion would be that pmdg are spread thin as a result of managing the development of sim products for both entertainment and commercial use.

I would love a pbn capable ngx, but I am content with the current one (circa 2002?) as it enables the ability to apply type specific ops in regulated and managed airspace. It is remains a challenge to comply with legal and safety requirements which fortunately carry no tangible penalty.

Guess what I'm saying is; practice simming with what's available to you now.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

They're working on the DA-42 with G1000.... psh, I wish!!

The Woodpidgeon will be suffering the same problem the T7 has re the 200ER... Everyone one will be wanting the Anzani engine, but implementation of the Cherub will be easier, so that'll be out first (or worse... the 30 horse Scorpion). I can see it already... 32hp, it's not enough! Why can't we have the 60hp engine?! When's the SP coming?! Heaven forbid if Vr is one knot out. And there will be endless questions about the auto-pilot operation and lack of radar.

The Woodpidgeon will be suffering the same problem the T7 has re the 200ER... Everyone one will be wanting the Anzani engine, but implementation of the Cherub will be easier, so that'll be out first (or worse... the 30 horse Scorpion). I can see it already... 32hp, it's not enough! Why can't we have the 60hp engine?! When's the SP coming?! Heaven forbid if Vr is one knot out. And there will be endless questions about the auto-pilot operation and lack of radar.

Will it come only with RW liveries or will they also do some fictional ones?

Heck, I hadn't even considered that. Getting the right tones from the faded B&W photos is going to be challenging. This could quite possibly be their most contentious release.

Bring on the Six first... will be much easier.