Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

There's really not much else to add to it. There's a tendency to compare freeware to payware. The latter is constantly being updated because it is probably competing with similar products. it's called "feature creep".

Hi

Great but can't download the file

link does not open

Thanks

Where can I find the FSX version? And as Mulgrave mentions, the link doesn't work for me either.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

A few people have been complaining recently that the link no longer works, but I just checked it for the 2nd time this week and it still works for me. Try using either a different browser or downloader app. Maybe someone could upload the zip file to the AVSim library, as the original download link may eventually break permanently.

Yep, You're right, just tried it in Firefox and it worked. However the link is for the P3D as I understand it, will it work for FSX SE as well or is there another version?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Confused, Do you mean that to make this program work I need a simconnect other than the three that are in PD3 and the three that are in FSX ? If so where do I download this other correct simconnect ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Confused, Do you mean that to make this program work I need a simconnect other than the three that are in PD3 and the three that are in FSX ? If so where do I download this other correct simconnect ?

The one located at "redist\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi" inside Prepar3D is the most commonly required one, but several SimConnect clients can be installed on the same computer at the same time, side-by-side.

For example, if you also use add-ons developed for ESP (a short-lived FSX spinoff), install the one in "ESPv1" folder, too.

Rich Sennett

I have  them all installed but this software will not work for me. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yep, You're right, just tried it in Firefox and it worked. However the link is for the P3D as I understand it, will it work for FSX SE as well or is there another version?

I use that version for both P3D and FSX Jørn, as long as you have simconnect installed it will do the job nicely. :smile:

- JP

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Guys any help would be much appreciated P3D V3 installed. this is my error.

FSUIPC - FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is not open.

pulling my hair out lol.

Chances are that Pete Dowson is not going to see this buried in this thread - you might want to start a new thread or better still - ask Pete directly in his support forum. It *could* be a simconnect issue but Pete is very quick to answer support questions.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

We can have as many simconnect versions on our system as we have different file extension names, there is no performance impact. I say this because I have found a couple of systems whereby the simconnects have been "de-installed" for incorrectly assuming they are not needed when they may be, or they cause problems but they do not. Uninstalling those don't get removed from the system, the files exist but the environment setting to invoke simconnect is lost.

What should we have when we install P3D?

This version is installed by P3Dv2/3, and is all that is needed for a P3D system using pure P3D addons:
microsoft.esp.simconnect: 1.0.20.0, Simconnect.dll: 1.0.195.0 <- this is just the file version info, SimConnect for P3D is now at v3.0.0.0

However, P3D v2/3 also works with the three FSX Boxed versions of simconnect provided for backward compatibility, these three simconnect versions are:

microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.61259.0, Simconnect.dll: 6.2.61637.0 <- SP2/Acceleration
microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.61242.0, Simconnect.dll: 6.2.61355.0 <- SP1 Standard and Deluxe
microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.60905.0, Simconnect.dll: 6.2.60905.0 <- RTM

61242 is used by many addons that were expected to work on all versions of FSX Boxed, that is to say it will work on FSX with or without Acceleration or SP2 installed with no further user intervention. Addons made for 61259 would not work on versions of FSX not upgraded to SP2/Acceleration and required users to install 61259. I think Traffic Optimiser uses 61242 version.

microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.62615.0, Simconnect.dll: 6.2.62615.0 <- FSX-SE Steam Edition from DTG.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Ok today I installed fsx along with the service packs and the optimizer works fine for fsx, but when I start it up for p3d v3 I get this error in the console

> Failed to connect - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)

at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect..ctor(String szName, IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 UserEventWin32, WaitHandle hEventHandle, UInt32 ConfigIndex)

at AirTrafficManager.Main.openConnection()

I just cant think what it could be.