Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Image3_zpsh4gh5on5.png

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I've been trying to get this to work for days now, and while I can run the Air Traffic Manager, it doesn't appear to know where I am. The radar systematically opens centered on an ocean position somewhere in the Gulf of Guinea. When I optimize, planes are deleted over 6,000 nm away (I am actually at CYVR when testing). Even with Preserve Airport Traffic checked, some planes parked at gates disappear. Departure Airport - Headed to/Located At are always at zero, same for Destination and Runway.

Running version 1.9.1.2 and P3D v3.1 (I had also tested with identical results on P3D v3 and even v2.5 if I remember well. Using My Traffic Professional 6.

Here is a sample of verbose results when refreshing on the ground at CYVR:

> Connected to Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3 - 3.1.3.1
> Connected to SimConnect - 3.1.0.0
> Data request sent ...
> Reading flight plan: C:\Users\vmoun\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\IFR Vancouver Intl to Seattle-Tacoma Intl.pln
> 149 MD80 ALLEGIANT  KBLI->KLAX 6644.6733030968 nm 48.80/-122.53/178 feet Gate 9  sleep 0 deg
> 151 B762 CARGOJET 573 CYVR->CYVR 6658.91044869789 nm 49.36/-123.36/5810 feet  8L enroute 319 deg
> 152 E190 CACTUS 5336 KBLI->KIFP 6644.66345066838 nm 48.80/-122.53/176 feet Gate 10  preflight support 0 deg

Any help appreciated!

I found that I needed a copy of FSX installed to make it run i P3D. I uninstalled FSX and that broke my P3D usage of this util. I reinstalled FSX and all was fine and dandy. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Well, I'm not ready to reinstall FSX just to get this working but surprisingly, last night I decided to load another aircraft (I had been testing with helicopters and loaded the PMDG 777), and suddenly the traffic optimizer was working fine. No idea why. Different flight plan, that's all I can think of. Unless the plane reports its position differently to the sim. So on I move now to deal with a sudden re-appearance of OOM's with the recent PMDG version that was supposed to use less VAS. Oh the fun of flight simming...

FSX is not required ... you just need the SimConnect clients installed, after installing them, you'll need to reboot your PC.

If you have any special SimConnect requirements, then you'll need to create a SimConnect.xml, SimConnect.ini, SimConnect.cfg 

SimConnect.XML will typically have something like this in it where the IP is your computer's local IP address:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <SimConnect.Comm>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Address>192.168.1.130</Address>
    <Port>4506</Port>
    <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
    <DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
  </SimConnect.Comm>
  <SimConnect.Comm>
   <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
   <Scope>local</Scope>
   <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
   <Address>127.0.0.1</Address>
   <Port>4507</Port>
   <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
   <DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
  </SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

SimConnect.INI
[simConnect]
level=none
;level=verbose
console=0
;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
;OutputDebugString=1
file=D:\simconnect%03u.log
;file_next_index=0
;file_max_index=9

set level=verbose if you have SimConnect issues and set the log file path (I use D:\)

SimConnect.cfg
[simConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.1.130
Port=4506
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=Yes

Typically these files are not needed unless you have a networked configuration or you want to diagnose SimConnect errors (SimConnect.ini and SimConnect.log).

I have my computer setup for DHCP, but I created fixed IP exceptions by machine name (PC name) in my router so I always get the same local IP (192.168.1.130).

Cheers, Rob.

How does Traffic Optimizer go with AI traffic that is running on a timetable.

I mean does an inbound AI plane that gets zapped ever make a reappearance at the destination airport and arrive as expected or is it gone forever?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi All

I've just downloaded it and just installed FSUIPC4: I have  V3.1. Doesn't work. After hours of looking what I could do wrong, time for me to go to bed.

Don't get it. Part of the message Error when I launch the program. 

"Impossible to find the file: "Microsoft.Flight.simulator.simconnect,version 10.0.61242.0".

BTW: How to send a screenshot here?

Hi All

I've just downloaded it and just installed FSUIPC4: I have  V3.1. Doesn't work. After hours of looking what I could do wrong, time for me to go to bed.

Don't get it. Part of the message Error when I launch the program. 

"Impossible to find the file: "Microsoft.Flight.simulator.simconnect,version 10.0.61242.0".

BTW: How to send a screenshot here?

Hi there,

go to "your P3D location"\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface there you will find all required Simconnects-

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi, Thanks

I've finally installed FSX + Accelaration. Surprise, the took is working now in P3D V3.1.

Oh well..

Very good tool Indeed. Now I'm flying over Paris/London with a great frame rate improvement.

So I can push the other settings...then now, after 2 hours of fight, OOM error.

Well, as a follow-up to my previous post which went unanswered, I have now figured out that for some reason, Air Traffic Manager (1.9.1.2) is unable to handle loaded helicopters correctly. Every plane at can fly seems to work fine and I am able to optimize traffic, but in any of the helos I've loaded, both stock and add-ons, radar cannot find my position and centers on the Atlantic, and optimization happens from 6000 miles away - which means it works but also kills all or most planes at the airport near me. Go figure.

^^I think you've nailed the issue I'm having as well! Was wondering why I was getting no AI traffic at Flightbeam KSFO... 

Well, I'm still stuck with this. A bit annoying as I do most of my tweaking and testing in helicopters so that I can move around quickly, change gates, fly low and pan around quicker than a plane will.

Would Dukeav, Rob, or anyone else here know if and why helicopters would react different, or be interpreted differently when it comes to traffic than planes in P3D? This could be due to P3D, MT6, FSUIPC or Traffic Manager of course, no idea which one causes this to happen.

As a reminder, I cannot use Traffic Manager efficiently when flying a helicopter, my actual position not being read by the program, whether I have a flight plan loaded or not. This leads to a random optimization of traffic which seems to happen from 6,000 miles away and wipes all the planes at gates around me.

Hey,

is it possible to have this working with the acceleration sp2 simconnect? actualy it needs the SP1 version to work. otherwise i get a error message. 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I think that you can rule out My Traffic, as its impact on the sim is almost entirely passive and only provides AI liveries, models and schedules. It does alter some of the stock airports to add gate spaces, etc., but why that would matter, I have no idea.

As to the difference between helicopters and airplanes, if a SimObject is designated as a helicopter as opposed to an airplane, the only difference is that additional sections are added to aircraft.cfg. These sections add special aerodynamics, controls and hardware that are specific to rotorcraft.

You can ask on Pete Dowson's official FSUIPC forum as whether he treats airplanes and helicopters differently, but other than the features in aircraft.cfg, I don't see why he would.

So that leaves Traffic Manager as the cause of your problems. I guess one way of checking this to temporarily change the default Bell 206B type to "airplane" in the [General] section of its aircraft.cfg and see if it matters when you use the Traffic Manager. The 206B is a legacy SimObject and only has a very rudimentary [Helicopter] section in aircraft.cfg, so it should still be flyable.

Your problem is definitely interesting but there haven't been any updates to Traffic Manager in a long time, so I wouldn't count on that happening.

Well, I'm still stuck with this. A bit annoying as I do most of my tweaking and testing in helicopters so that I can move around quickly, change gates, fly low and pan around quicker than a plane will.

Would Dukeav, Rob, or anyone else here know if and why helicopters would react different, or be interpreted differently when it comes to traffic than planes in P3D? This could be due to P3D, MT6, FSUIPC or Traffic Manager of course, no idea which one causes this to happen.

As a reminder, I cannot use Traffic Manager efficiently when flying a helicopter, my actual position not being read by the program, whether I have a flight plan loaded or not. This leads to a random optimization of traffic which seems to happen from 6,000 miles away and wipes all the planes at gates around me.

A must have. Thank you very much!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS