Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D V2.4 patch will be released Monday 9/29/14

Are people noticing any performance improvements in 2.4 vs. 2.3? Any comparison impressions so far?

Alex

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I followed Rob direction to patch to 2.4 but looks like Addon Manager (from FSDT) will not run. Maybe I need to reinstall the scenery...?

Just re-download and install current Addon Manager from the FSDT site. Mine works fine. Rob's patch directions worked without problems as well.

Maury Pratt

Just installed patch no backups - thinking I would have to do a complete install - had nothing to loose as I only had global - vector and shade installed patched worked perfectly - just got a message to update object flow - seems like it worked - sim seems smoother and terrain textures crisper and A318/319 glass panels is now fixed so far so good have to give it more time but no problems just installing patch 

Rich Sennett

Just updated : orbx products, Rex 4 and opus still work fine. I gained 10% fps and lowered CPU temp by 5 celcius !

Only downside for now ; i lost GSX. Awesome update nonetheless

Great. I forgot my prepar3d password on their website. Now my account has been locked. 

I asked for my new password to be emailed to me but I haven't received anything in my account....their servers are really broken! 

Frustrating. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Quick flight around Belgium from an Orbx freeware airfield. ASN not working so switched to the excellent FSRealWxLite which works fine. Lovely mist and clouds look better. Volumetric fog doesn't appear to be so much of an FPS killer this time. Cloud shadows look great. FSUIPC works fine as does Accu-Feel. All the Orbx stuff Global/Vector/OpenLC also working with no problems. All flights in the superb RealAir SF-260. Networking Plan-G for moving map from another PC also working fine so looks like simconnect still works OK.

Didn't try the terrain shadows as Belgium is too flat and it was misty! Has anyone else tried them? Do they look better now and less "blobby"?

Thanks to Rob for the walkthrough on the patch!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Rob,

Your directions for installing the Patch (method "B") worked great.

I had to add the new path to the new SDK for traffictoolbox (DLL.xml),  disable ActiveSky in the (DLL.xml), download FSdreamteam's  AddonManager and re-establish "shared" for a couple P3D folders on the server PC cuz I have  ASN  on a workstation PC... that needs to get to them..

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I may be going nuts or just placebo effect but my sim seems to load much faster and less "stuttery" about the same general FPS but more consistent

I've been pondering upgrading my old OpusFSX to OpusFSI for 25$

Does anyone have experience with the new upgrade in V24?

Can someone please confirm if you need to remove the cloud fix before doing the patch process?

less "stuttery"

Yes, should be a lot better now.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I've been pondering upgrading my old OpusFSX to OpusFSI for 25$

Does anyone have experience with the new upgrade in V24?

I am impressed with this version - just patched but feels and looks and acts much better - super job LM considering how small the patch is - thanks Rob

Hi yah Steve  :) going to rock Idealflight in P3D for sure

Rich Sennett

I am impressed with this version - just patched but feels and looks and acts much better - super job LM considering how small the patch is - thanks Rob

I take it you are not commenting on OpusFSI in V24?

Have the terrain shadows been fixed?

I would assume so:

• General fixes to terrain shadow artifacts

According to the post in the LM forum, that issue was simply because they forgot to rename some variables in a shader file - should have taken about 30 seconds to fix. The developers were "surprised it even compiled", and recommended customers to turn off shadowing.

But I'm going to hold off just a bit before updating. Lately it seems each new update fixes one thing but breaks something else because of the lack of testing (see above).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hey Rich, thanks for the mention. Yes I've got some good stuff coming for P3D, you'll be in the loop no worries.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com