Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D V2.4 patch will be released Monday 9/29/14

Do all your FTX Global/Vector/OpenLC products work with V2.4? FSUIPC? ASN?

I would think all listed will work except for ASN until the next update from hifisim  - which doesn't take much time from what I have seen

Rich Sennett

Downloaded patch and full version (in case) patch installed nicely and so far everything seems to work just fine.  rolleyes.gif and WOW, even SPAD, FSUIPC and my SAITEK equipment. THANKS Rob for the installation "manual" it did work like hot butter melting in a pan. 

Most things will work - nothing earth shattering with this patch from what I have read  -  ok time to get home to load this thing up

Rich Sennett

I followed Rob's tutorial to the letter and it was a flawless patch upgrade!! :P   Thanks, Rob!

Now to get the final settings set and then go flying :P

Lyn

ASN says connected BUT DOES NOT WORK

nothing surprising...was  expected

will try OpusFSX while being impatient as usual

Patched 2.4 straightforward, thanks to Rob's B method.

ASN displaying error, but working fine as long as you do not click on the error window. Not perfect, but will do while waiting for an official ASN update.

I am doing a full install to coincide with pre winter i.e. sim season overhall of my system in which FSX disappears forever. Was hoping to Continue my 737 training this winter but it looks like I will be Flying the Dash 8 this winter.

Have the terrain shadows been fixed?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Patched 2.4 straightforward, thanks to Rob's B method.

Same here. Rob's instructions worked like a charm with the following exceptions:

1. The was an error message box on my first P3d run about the F-35. This is because I had the  Dino C. 2.41 version installed and I have to reinstall it. Or maybe LM tinkered with the aircraft. More to follow on this.

2. The F-22 has no VC.

3. The default flight started out with no fuel in the tanks and the fuel selector set to off. That was a bit unnerving.

4. The app didn't find my sound devices on the two default  settings (main and comm) until I explicitly specified them.

5. I didn't even bother to try either FSGRW or ASN as others have said they don't work. OpusFSI does inject weather properly.

The most recent FSUIPC (the 4.936c version) seemed to work as did all my aircraft and ORBX stuff except object flow. So far I haven't noticed anything else different between 2.3 and 2.4 though, but ... back to flying to investigate further.

Else, all my aircraft and other add-ons (REX for example) seem to work.

Same here. Rob's instructions worked like a charm with the following exceptions:

1. The was an error message box on my first P3d run about the F-35. This is because I had the  Dino C. 2.41 version installed and I have to reinstall it. Or maybe LM tinkered with the aircraft. More to follow on this.

2. The F-22 has no VC.

3. The default flight started out with no fuel in the tanks and the fuel selector set to off. That was a bit unnerving.

4. The app didn't find my sound devices on the two default  settings (main and comm) until I explicitly specified them.

5. I didn't even bother to try either FSGRW or ASN as others have said they don't work. OpusFSI does inject weather properly.

The most recent FSUIPC (the 4.936c version) seemed to work as did all my aircraft and ORBX stuff except object flow. So far I haven't noticed anything else different between 2.3 and 2.4 though, but ... back to flying to investigate further.

Else, all my aircraft and other add-ons (REX for example) seem to work.

I had same thing, for me the F-22 didn't load at all, no plane, no cockpit, no fuel, fuel off.  I loaded back in the F-22, I had the external model and VC but could only get the starboard engine started.  Loaded up the A36 had no issues and went ahead and saved that as the default flight.  Haven't had time to go back and see if restarting P3D with a better default condition will make the F-22 behave.  

I got the same F-35 error as you but the F-35 loaded up just fine.  Will report how the F-22 behaves after reloading P3D...other than that everything looks peachy

Update: All is fine with the F-22 after reloading P3D with a different default flight

Just finished a short flight with the A2A P40 around Oahu (FTX Global, Vector) Butter-smooth.Every thing seems to work.Im very pleased. The install went straight forward,thanks to Robs Guide. Very much appreciated. FSGRW does not work as excpected, OpusFsx runs just fine as usual. 

I got that as well on first startup, I had installed the latest version instead of the stock F35 too. After reinstalling the stock F-35 as well everything worked fine. The two versions can actually peacefully coexist. :wink:

2. The F-22 has no VC.

Mine has, I think what you experienced may be a side effect from #1. May be the same with your #3 too as a matter of fact; after I reinstalled the stock F-35 i didn't notice any fuel supply weirdness.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Weird. I installed the update and when I load the game I'm flying an ICON A5 and told to collect something called Aerocaches.

Now THAT's funny!

Scott