Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

Good info Vic - this is what I think is going on - folks with 1080 screens are going to be happy campers - folks with 2560 x 1440 monitors are not really going to notice any changes - I am not other than my small P3D menu text - just throwing this out there

This driver is great with or without DSR - Nvidia could sell this as a new driver for non laptops and everyone would be praising it but dont tell them lol

Hi Vic,

Thanks for posting this.  I have a very similar setup to the way you have done yours.  Could you please share how you installed DSR, settings etc. for those of us who are mentally challenged when dealing with this modification/addon.  I have not even tried to deal with it yet, I am starting from scratch. I am using the Nvidia 344.11 drivers, I presume I need to update to a later driver?

Thanks

John

John all the directions in this link  - post #180 - please read them carefully if you are not computer savoy

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453097-dsr-wow-must-see/page-12

Rich Sennett

John - Richard's link is basically what I did. You must do the clean install to be sure. then, in NVCP I just enabled the DSR 2X native resolution option. Then in P3D options select the new resolution which should be displayed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

John - Richard's link is basically what I did. You must do the clean install to be sure. then, in NVCP I just enabled the DSR 2X native resolution option. Then in P3D options select the new resolution which should be displayed.

Vic

Ditto followed Richard instructions to a Tee and working fab :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I had installed the modified driver on windows 8.1. You have to disable driver signature verification during win81 system start.

http://www.howtogeek...signed-drivers/

Harry

Thanks for the link Harry. I saw  your other posts about the large cursor, etc. Did you ever get it running OK?

Or did you go back to your original drivers?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

ok - further info. I checked the blackout box in options and did get the reduced text. The difference was noticeable but, IMHO, if you run multiple monitors the tweak is not worth the loss of the second monitor. Those with single monitors who also run in full screen might notice an improvement.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I cant deal with the loss of the second monitor. Thought I was the only one and done something wrong. Not acceptable. Too buggy.

Thanks for the link Harry. I saw  your other posts about the large cursor, etc. Did you ever get it running OK?

Or did you go back to your original drivers?

Jeff, I went back to the original driver. I guess I also did sth. wrong when testing the modified one. I mistakenly applied the increased screen resolution on desktop, which was probably the reason for large corsor etc. I will try it again when the correct drivers arrive. Though, it is easy to switch between the drivers if one use windows system restore. So simple try it.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

ok - further info. I checked the blackout box in options and did get the reduced text. The difference was noticeable but, IMHO, if you run multiple monitors the tweak is not worth the loss of the second monitor. Those with single monitors who also run in full screen might notice an improvement.

Vic

I cant deal with the loss of the second monitor. Thought I was the only one and done something wrong. Not acceptable. Too buggy.

I feel less lonely. The black-out box help me understanding why it didn't "work" as other but like you two, loosing my second monitor is not an option. If someone found a way to keep this second one ON except from changing the whole Windows resolution...

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I think it works now for me after I did a full new install of the p3d v2.4

Something is now different, when I start a flight in Full Screen, the resolution changes automatically, this did´nt happen before.

And when I close P3D the resolution becomes to the nativ....  :mellow:

I have to test more.

"Technically, P3D always runs in a window. The P3D fullscreen mode just eliminates the menu bars etc."

Thats true always forget that - mine works just by setting it in P3D menu - so not sure whats going on on your end

Did some more testing, and as others have discovered this only works within the sim if the 'black out desktop' box is ticked, which is pretty useless for multi monitor users.

You can use multiple monitors if you select the resolution within windows instead, although you will have to put up with the reduced text/window size on the primary monitor.

Did some more testing with this 344.24 driver and I have seen an average of 8-10 fps increase.  That going from 22 fps to 30 fps in dense areas.

Unfortunately the modded inf file for this new driver doesn't include all the other mobile GFX cards (other than the 980m etc).. When I go to install the driver, it tells me my cad isn't compatible.

I have a GTX 670MX but for the life of me can't seem to add it to the inf file..

I managed to find a modded version, but it's two 670MX entries didn't seem to work for my card?

I believe there are different versions of the same card, and I'd need to somehow find out mine, and then add it?

Obviously I have no idea!

If anyone is able to assist, it would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately the modded inf file for this new driver doesn't include all the other mobile GFX cards (other than the 980m etc).. When I go to install the driver, it tells me my cad isn't compatible.

Did you read some pages back in this post Mark as put together a complete install no muss needed - no need to do the inf - simply install his version

Here is the link bottom of the post

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453097-dsr-wow-must-see/page-12

Rich Sennett

ok I have a 4790k I7 64 bit, nividia 660TI, 18 gigs of ram, motherboard is a AS rock Z97. My driver now is 344.11, looked for 344.24 on the nividia site, cant find it, so does this meen I cant do the DSR tweak??, and if Yes, where in the world is the 344.24 driver. I looked in the beta section could not find it.