Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Which Heathrow scenery should I get?

Thanks Appliance. Clearly there are problems with the FS9 version that haven't affected the FSX one. Or nothing that I've spotted anyway. I did download an update to this last week but haven't had a chance to test. But as this is the FS9 forum and I'm running FSX I shall desist from further comment especially as this is a EGLL thread! :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well I asked about the sunken AI in the Aerosoft forums. I hope they can come up with a better solution than to delete the default Heathrow AFCAD. I will not do that. The file AP947130.bgl contains a lot of other airports besides Heathrow. That file is for Manchester, Gatwick, Liverpool and a few others.

If they can't come up with a better solution I will dump the scenery and get the UK2000 one.

And Appliance, I checked and my Terrain_Max_Vertex_Level is at 21

I checked and my Terrain_Max_Vertex_Level is at 21

Humour me Joseph29 ... change it to 18 (default) and have a looksee.  Any difference?

Thanks Appliance. Clearly there are problems with the FS9 version that haven't affected the FSX one. Or nothing that I've spotted anyway. I did download an update to this last week but haven't had a chance to test. But as this is the FS9 forum and I'm running FSX I shall desist from further comment especially as this is a EGLL thread! :wink:

Hello Ray, It would appear to me that in the conversion from FSX to FS9 something went awry. Awry is not strong enough …..seriously wrong!

UUEE has the worst frame rates by far of any add-on scenery I have. We are used to fixing bits and bobs of add-on sceneries but in this case it can only be fixed by the developer.

Unfortunately they are not interested…….happy to take your cash though.

DD is on my warning list. :mellow:

Regarding Aerosoft EGLL: Maybe DXT3 textures without alphas are not a problem in FSX. They certainly are in FS9, so any developers converting FSX/FS9 should check.

Hi edetroit,

I remember a similar situation with Antalya Airport in Turkey. The FS9 version had appalling frame rates but the FSX one I now have is fine. I never did get to the bottom of it because the author wasn't known to me. But with the author of UUEE having his own website that will make communication easier. Can he not run his airport in FS9 and confirm your findings?

You have very good knowledge when it comes to dissecting texture files. If there are tools that allow the user to 'correct' apparent erroneous ones might this warrant a user guide on how it could be done? Distributing modified files would be against the T&Cs of course but not if they were modified purely for your own use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

But with the author of UUEE having his own website that will make communication easier

I'm afraid he simply deletes what he does not want to hear or other users to see.

I'm afraid he simply deletes what he does not want to hear or other users to see.

That's a bit naughty. I suppose I should be grateful I don't have a problem with Moscow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well I asked about the sunken AI in the Aerosoft forums. I hope they can come up with a better solution than to delete the default Heathrow AFCAD. I will not do that. The file AP947130.bgl contains a lot of other airports besides Heathrow. That file is for Manchester, Gatwick, Liverpool and a few others.

If they can't come up with a better solution I will dump the scenery and get the UK2000 one.

And Appliance, I checked and my Terrain_Max_Vertex_Level is at 21

Have you tried making a copy of the Aerosoft AFCAD and placing it in the scenery/world/scenery folder?

might this warrant a user guide on how it could be done?

Chiming in here Ray.  We did indeed have a 'sticky' on just this issue until the mods decided unilaterally to delete it.   :(

Chiming in here Ray.  We did indeed have a 'sticky' on just this issue until the mods decided unilaterally to delete it.   :(

Without any explanation why? That's a bit heavy-handed isn't it? If you make it clear any files are not to be redistributed I don't see the harm. :rolleyes:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Unfortunately it's best you learn if you want a stutter free fast loading sim.

Download Alphasearcher and check every scenery you have for alphas and then mipmaps.

Then use DXTbmp to open and resave the textures that do not have alphas to themselves (this will add the alpha channel) …after fixing the alphas check for mips DXTbmp will fix this too (tick the mips box)

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm

I cannot stress how important this is for a smooth fast happy FS9.

Thorsten (the maker of Aerosoft LHR) knows about this but obviously could not be bothered to check his work.

Well I could not be bothered to fix sooooo many textures either so while LHR is otherwise excellent by Thorsten I use Gary's LHR.

Oh…do not waste your hard earned cash on UUEE. :Cuppa:

Good explanation.  Now, I need someone's help in contacting Alpha-India.  I went to download Alphasearcher and needed to register.  Unfortunately, I misspelled my email address.  So ..... I couldn't receive confirmation email.  So .... figured I'd re-register with correct email spelling, and it says I can't have more than one registration on the same computer.  Catch-22 : I searched and searched to try to find an email address for them to no avail.  Can't get into "help" or "forums" without being registered.  Can't find any instructions how to change my email address since I'm not registered "yet".

Can someone help, or should I just forget it and enjoy the status quo?

I just recently left the domestic US circuit so I haven't bought any airports outside of US.  I have been using a  decent freeware EGLL I got in the Library. Not bad and the price is right. Wish I remember who it is by because he deserves the mention. Performance is good with PMDG T7

Vic green

I just recently left the domestic US circuit so I haven't bought any airports outside of US.  I have been using a  decent freeware EGLL I got in the Library. Not bad and the price is right. Wish I remember who it is by because he deserves the mention. Performance is good with PMDG T7

I take it you know which forum you are posting in?  :lol:

You have a pm.  :smile:

You're a good man ......Thanks