Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Which Heathrow scenery should I get?

The grass is green in the UK2000 version, but presumably a duller shade of green to that in the Aerosoft version. By the way, based on Ed's comparisons, it would seem that framerates in the UK2000 version are higher than those when using the Aerosoft version. So why are some people claiming the opposite?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've just noticed this was posted in the FS9 forum, not FSX. All my comments refer to the FSX versions. Sorry for any confusion.

You are not alone with this issue. The problem lies on the front page under "Latest Forum Topics", because it does not indicate which Forum the topic has been placed in.

Regards

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

because it does not indicate which Forum the topic has been placed in.
It relies on hovering the mouse over the title. Many do not or can not, apparently.

Thanks for the shots, Ed, not to mention the digressory wine tour!

I've looked at the UK2000 demo, and as ever do find empathy with it.

Gary's attention to things that matter is always impressive.

One area that might lack is in the ground service fleet.

Although improved, the UK2000 animation has always been a little jerky.

What's your impression of this one, compared with the Aerosoft offering?

It relies on hovering the mouse over the title. Many do not or can not, apparently.

Thanks for the shots, Ed, not to mention the digressory wine tour!

I've looked at the UK2000 demo, and as ever do find empathy with it.

Gary's attention to things that matter is always impressive.

One area that might lack is in the ground service fleet.

Although improved, the UK2000 animation has always been a little jerky.

What's your impression of this one, compared with the Aerosoft offering?

Hello WingZ,

I have not tried the ground service fleet as the scenery has AES support. The animation of the traffic surrounding the airport is very smooth for me.

I made a mistake earlier saying the Aerosoft LHR did not have the huts in the fences …it has.

I have been able to shut off the red lights on the UK2000 scenery but I still have a problem with the BA sign that is not showing in the daytime. :(

fsscr0661_zps0f7b460f.jpg

fsscr075_zps006e079e.jpg

the UK2000 animation has always been a little jerky.

Shouldn't be.  Check Gary's configuration tool ... there is usually a couple of animation options from which to select.

Yes I've used the options, but AESLite is the benchmark for these things, and it is buttersmooth.

Of course if you see the UK2000 stuff doing exactly the same thing, that's also what I wanted to hear, and I'll look to my system, rather. 

Yes I've used the options, but AESLite is the benchmark for these things, and it is buttersmooth.

Of course if you see the UK2000 stuff doing exactly the same thing, that's also what I wanted to hear, and I'll look to my system, rather. 

AESLite is indeed the benchmark…..however. I reloaded the Aerosoft LHR to have a look at the moving vehicles.

While the AES GSU's move around the terminals perfectly. (they turn corners more smoothly than the UK2000 GSU's….though UK2000 GSU's are still smooth) and do stop for Aircraft traffic between terminals, there is no traffic around the airport perimeter. :(

Aerosoft missed a trick here. You see the iconic red London bus in my last shot…in the UK2000 version it is moving along with other traffic….in the Aerosoft version it does not. The vehicles moving on approach add a lot to the immersion IMHO.

When I did the comparison I now realise I was using Aerosoft low res textures. I tried the hi res…it did not affect the fps but scenery load time went up considerably. (remember my rig is old) I was struck by what a tremendous effort had gone into making such a scenery……then I looked at the afcad. Does noone beta test their work?!

Click on fault finder in ADE and there were so many faults I just shut it down. 

Gary has said he will fix the BA sign for UK2000 LHR this week. (I also mentioned the grass was a bit brown/grey)

AES AES AES ….when is the free kin' update coming?! If I get that damn towbarless tractor to come and pushback my Tristar again I am going to blow a gasket!!! :mad: I just want to be able to select which truck I use. :Praying:

The vehicles moving on approach add a lot to the immersion IMHO.

Really true! Therefor I love Rwy 09 approach on ThaiCreations' Mumbai scenery. 

Now, considering this thread, I have an idea what to do with the refunded money from Riga... :ph34r:

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

AES AES AES ….when is the free kin' update coming?! If I get that damn towbarless tractor to come and pushback my Tristar again I am going to blow a gasket!!! I just want to be able to select which truck I use.

I truly feel for you buddy.  :rolleyes:

I'm holding out until I can smell jet fuel when I load up a scenery.  I'm not settling for anything less than TOTAL immersion.  What's wrong with developers these days! ......... or we folk?

I can smell jet fuel when I load up a scenery

gwillmot is right ... again!

Total immersion.  What we need is Smellivision.  

And the perfect developer for this breakthrough is the redoubtable FSPS which has blessed us with such worthy utilities as:-

Dolby Cockpit Sounds 

Extreme FSX

FSX Booster

Sim Physics

Fiber Accelerator ... and,  more recently,

Frictionality

Yes. :excl:  Yes. :excl:  Yes. :excl:  

What presence of mind.  What innovation.   gwillot has excelled yet again.   :hi:

I'm not settling for anything less than TOTAL immersion.

So please, which scenery do you really recommend?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

So please, which scenery do you really recommend?

None, as I'm waiting on Appliance's Smellivision idea to be incorporated into a new FS2004 scenery ........ by the way ....... do you prefer labeling our beloved sim as FS9 or FS2004?  Just wondering.

FS9 or FS2004

Can't decide as both mean the same.

Or should I strictly use the term "FS9.5"?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg