Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

First time in a long time i seriously screw up... What am i going to tell the insurance?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ground speed is 0 but speed tape shows 45kts. Strong headwind? You haven't set the approach speed and flap setting in the CDU App page.

You're landing at a European airport but have inches set on the altimeter instead of hPa.

You have a mismatch between pilot's altimeter and first officer's (I think).

You've switched TCAS off.

No landing lights.

Hard to make out the orange wording above the ND but I suspect it's a warning.

You've landed well to the right of the centreline.

On the bright side your not engulfed and all the pax survived....hope you can payoff your pilot school bill with your unemployment check :P

Forgot the part of the checklist "landing lights, 3 green"

I always miss a small thing when flying, sometimes the logo light stays on through the flight, or I forget to arm the speedbrakes before landing. Nothing that serious yet, knock on wood. And I fly doing everything myself without fscrew or a checklist. It helps my memory and managing atc and all the checklist items from memory myself.

If you lower the gear now, maybe it comes out and nobody has seen the sparks before. Well, maybe.

Red is the new green.

If you lower the gear now, maybe it comes out and nobody has seen the sparks before. Well, maybe.

Red is the new green.

I did that in the Turbine Duke a while ago...hated that!  That little light ain't for ****.

Do we all agree that the face one makes after realising what that loud warning sound was about is indeed priceless?

My best attempts included landing gear up and at the wrong airport btw. Me is a pro! :blush: And it was a Spitfire.

Since your fired from NGX pilot I advise you to switch to Aerosoft Twin Otter -  at least you never have to worry about this problem again.

Since your fired from NGX pilot I advise you to switch to Aerosoft Twin Otter - at least you never have to worry about this problem again.

God dammit i flew wreckless for the past 5 months :sad: :smile:

I had my sound disabled because it was late at night and I didn't want to annoy anybody.

So I couldn't hear the "Too low gear" warning....

Ground speed is 0 but speed tape shows 45kts. Strong headwind? You haven't set the approach speed and flap setting in the CDU App page.

You're landing at a European airport but have inches set on the altimeter instead of hPa.

No landing lights.

Spot on Proudfoot, exactly what I was thinking

Landing gear?  We don't need no stinking landing gear! :lol: :lol:

No landing lights.

I've overseen your post the first time, 

This is what happens when i decide to fly at 11 pm to relieve stress.

I'm not always following strict rules and all the checklists.

Sometimes i fly for fun only and don't have a lot of time to fly.

I'm sorry, but only when i can really take the time I do everything the way it's supposed to go.

I don't think you'll approve of my Split-S with the 737 either  :P

Domini,

You did rather ask for observations with that image. I don't know anything about your background or how seriously you take your flights so I simply posted what I saw as things that should not be happening. Consider it as informative rather than a criticism. :wink:

Domini,

You did rather ask for observations with that image. I don't know anything about your background or how seriously you take your flights so I simply posted what I saw as things that should not be happening. Consider it as informative rather than a criticism. :wink:

Usually i take my flights very serious, but when i only got half an hour to play FSX, i'll take a very short flight and do it the wrong way.

I haven't taken a lot of time to configure stuff correctly that flight, hence i made the gear-up landing.

Indeed, i can't say too much because you literally did what i asked.. "spot the problem"  :P

Domini,

How about you post the same screenshot after a 'serious' flight? My primarily concern was the pressure setting on the altimeter. I trust you use hPa. :smile:

Domini,

How about you post the same screenshot after a 'serious' flight? My primarily concern was the pressure setting on the altimeter. I trust you use hPa. :smile:

When i got time i'll post another screenshot aftert a 'serious' flight.

I just want to add:

Some errors appeared AFTER "touchdown".

I had flap speeds set correctly, but they vanished after landing. Just like some other settings.

Note the 147 knots top left PFD.

It was my landing speed for the autothrottle.