Sign in to follow this  

Any news on P3D V2.5?

As the product continues development there will be a lot of enhancements and fixes. That's what development is all about. Even with the current glitches, P3D is far superior to anything else available.

AND it can only get better.

With all the griping, pissing and moaning going on, one thing becomes very clear - LM is actually *listening* to our complaints and trying to find a solution. Sometimes not quite fast enough for some of us but a helluva lot faster than anything MS did with FSX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

With all the griping, pissing and moaning going on, one thing becomes very clear - LM is actually *listening* to our complaints and trying to find a solution. Sometimes not quite fast enough for some of us but a helluva lot faster than anything MS did with FSX.

Vic

Vic, I'm starting to think many of the ######ers haven't been at FSing as long as some of us.

Those of us who lived through the MS years will remember the bug filled versions of MSFS.

Their master plan seemed to be "When we get it fixed we'll call it something else and charge the

suckers for it". :-(

LM has been a breath of fresh air!!!

K

LM generally conducts closed beta testing on each minor version for at least a few weeks or so. There was a post somewhere else online by one of the add-on developers that the first release of the 2.5 beta has not even been made available to them yet.

LM generally conducts closed beta testing on each minor version for at least a few weeks or so. There was a post somewhere else online by one of the add-on developers that the first release of the 2.5 beta has not even been made available to them yet.

So 2.5 is confirmed to be in the works then?

Id just like the AA AF finished instead of a crap instrument panel the rest I can live with...............

- Aerosoft airport lighting fix/general legacy lighting fix. IFR Approaches can't happen!

- AI Traffic Lights when using legacy (FSX) aircraft (World of AI/ ### AI Traffic)- See and avoid!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

-Bridge pylons are still an issue on some systems- at altitude, they rise to heights of 10,000ft.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

We've come a long way in a few years. Most of what is mentioned above is "polishing the apple" so to speak. If one doesn't fly in areas with bridges or Aerosoft airports, they don't have the issues. that doesn't mean they are unimportant - they certainly are to those who experience them. I mean we have a generally stable base platform that runs acceptable on most systems. Now we're cleaning up the odd's and ends, and trying to find ways to make the base engine more efficient.

It's a good time for flight sim.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Pete Dowson hasn't listed any upcoming holidays that I see... so no 2.5 release yet. Once he announces a long one I'm sure we'll see it. ;)

Pete Dowson hasn't listed any upcoming holidays that I see... so no 2.5 release yet. Once he announces a long one I'm sure we'll see it. ;)

You can put money on it!

:lol:

Vic

I was hoping that someone in the know might spill some beans in this thread but nothing. I have a feeling that V2 might be done! After all LM went straight from 1.4 to 2.0. I beat that they could have done a 1.5 but it made more sense to concentrate resources on V2. I am merely speculating of course. I think the next release we will see will be V3. Hopefully they don't tighten up on who can play. I mean learn! :ph34r:

I suspect that any version 3 of P3D will be the 64bit version, and I doubt that we will see that any time soon. I am reasonably confident that there will be a version 2.5.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png