Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

Carenado sale but which model?

You could also just find out what power setting at which the horn comes on and stay above it.  Planes like this like power-on descents (not to mention the whole 'shock cooling' thing...but let's not open that can of worms.).

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you can find the audio file of the alarm sound in the aircraft's sound files, it should be easy to edit it to make it quieter.

....or just remove it altogether. I did that with one of the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang files.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Plus my speed is too fast I'm assuming to put the gear down, the reason I'm cutting the throttle, is so that I can put the gear down at some point (and to descend).

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that you nose up to slow down and cut throttle to descend.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that you nose up to slow down and cut throttle to descend.

Either one will slow you down... and if you are flying an approach on autopilot, the throttle is all you have..

unless you have speed brakes  ( or you are willing to drop the gear.. )

:mellow:

Bert

Please keep also in mind that in RW you hardly ever close the throttle completely for a descent; otherwise the engine will cool down too much. So, a good advice is to keep the throttle just slightly above the gear warning trigger.

Felix

Alarm was kicking off when i put the Throttle to 50%.. I'm descending on Autopilot.. if i Don't cut the throttle, I will overspeed pretty quickly!

I don't recall ever hearing an alarm sound in any of my planes when reducing the power to idle at altitude. Why does it do that in this plane?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Alarm was kicking off when i put the Throttle to 50%.. I'm descending on Autopilot.. if i Don't cut the throttle, I will overspeed pretty quickly!

Then you'll need to reduce your rate of descent and start your descent further out.  Power-on descents are fairly shallow. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM