Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

Carenado sale but which model?

Jon, perhaps try a different browser. Most people have the default Internet Explorer and another browser installed, so there are options. A download manager would be some addon sort of intercepting the download process for the sake of making it faster and/or offering a resume feature. Sometimes the delivery systems of the shops don't like this or that manager.

Ray, now you have reminded me that the actual tips on how to disable the FO's display came from other users. I'm not sure if Carenado has them documented. Well, if you ever searched for it, it's the upper left screw on his/her G1000 in the VC. And if you wanted to save some more fps, turn off the inset on the PFD.

If you want to get rid of the engine data on the PFD (it's only needed for starting, then it shows on the MFD), click the red button on the audio panel.

jon@aus ........ perhaps try downloading and using "FlashGet" to get your files.   It's a very good external download manager - good for problems like yours.    Just Google it.

You just hover over the download link on the webpage and right click and choose "copy link".... then when you open FlashGet, the link will appear there automatically, and hit one button and it will take care of the download without interuption.

Saying all that, I'm using IE and bought 4 addons from this sale and had no problems downloading as normal, so perhaps you have a localized problem.

wow Seneca is a steal. I would get it but I have the Dukev2 and cant see any benefit as they are similar in specs except for the glass cockpit

Compared to the Duke, the Seneca is a fair bit slower, (in RW GA terms), is a poorer climber and is unpressurized.  Those TSIO 360's are pretty small engines for the plane's size. 

Sounds like I'm going to be the lone dissenter here, but... I'm a big fan of the real world plane for good practical reasons (it's a far more affordable to operate RW plane than the Duke ever could be) and had high hopes for the sim version, but despite trying really, really hard to like it, I just don't.  If you do get it, consider that (at least to these ears) the Arezone soundset is a requirement.  Like the Malibu, the default soundset is simply dreadful.  Unlike the Malibu (which I very much enjoy), the money spent on aftermarket sound still didn't make the plane a regular flyer for me.

Scott

I was hoping that the Phenom would have been included in the discounts. I am interested in the plane, but I need some motivation to help me make my decision :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Compared to the Duke, the Seneca is a fair bit slower, (in RW GA terms), is a poorer climber and is unpressurized. Those TSIO 360's are pretty small engines for the plane's size.

Sounds like I'm going to be the lone dissenter here, but... I'm a big fan of the real world plane for good practical reasons (it's a far more affordable to operate RW plane than the Duke ever could be) and had high hopes for the sim version, but despite trying really, really hard to like it, I just don't. If you do get it, consider that (at least to these ears) the Arezone soundset is a requirement. Like the Malibu, the default soundset is simply dreadful. Unlike the Malibu (which I very much enjoy), the money spent on aftermarket sound still didn't make the plane a regular flyer for me.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Can you share what you don't like about the Seneca V? Thx.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Scott I hope you won't be to critical on the Seneca V since I just bought it. Couldn't turn down the FSS deal for less than $12.  I know from reading past history the Duke is one the one to have.  Since I do not have a strong computer I have to be careful on what I purchase.  So far the Seneca V is FPS friendly and appears to be well worth the money spent.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A vote for the A36.  It is an oldie, but in my opinion a goodie.  Coupled with some of the repaints in flyawaysim, it is just outstanding.

Hi Scott,
Can you share what you don't like about the Seneca V? Thx.

Sure, no problem.  Keep in mind that I bought this almost at initial release, so some of my dislike has to do with the usual Carenado frustration with initial bugs, waiting for SPs (there have been two) and dealing with the changes required to move things along.  You can check the Seneca forum for some of the lists of issues originally in the plane.  There were a lot of them, and some of them were showstoppers for me.

I've already mentioned the sound issue, which I've mostly addressed with an Arezone soundset.  Originally, I went with Skysong sounds as the Arezone set didn't appear until the plane had been out for a while, but it was only marginally better than the default to my ears.  So there were times while waiting for service packs and sound releases where I temporarily shelved the plane in frustration as there was just too much broken.

The second SP, which fixed some very annoying things like non-existent prop discs (props just disappeared after startup), also broke things that had previously worked, like the altimeter tape on the G600 popup and the gear warning horn (which had been broken, then fixed in SP1).  That pretty much did it for me, and I haven't flown it since just after SP2 release.

My other solid frustration really isn't Carenado's fault, but it's annoying nevertheless.  I try to fly planes as accurately as I can, but the primary power gauges on the Seneca are very small and hard to see, as are the digital readouts making power settings difficult to accomplish accurately.  The Malibu is similar in the basic gauges, but saved by the large digital readouts.  Were I a TrackIR or EZDock user, this might not bother me so much.

Other than that, there's really nothing wrong with the Seneca, but there's nothing really special about it either.  It just seems generally bland to me.  Couple that with the problems I've had, and I just don't enjoy flying it.

Scott

You could put the gear down or, optionally, (the most dangerous idea in aviation)....Is there a gear warn alarm 'off' switch?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Why should you want to stop the "annoying" alarm? It for sure has helped many RW pilots already to avoid a gear-up landing! Enjoy this beauty!

Felix

OK, is that what it is, a gear warning alarm?... I like Realair's 'light' for that.. Just because I'm starting my descent, and cutting the throttle a lil. I'm nowhere close to landing yet.. Plus my speed is too fast I'm assuming to put the gear down, the reason I'm cutting the throttle, is so that I can put the gear down at some point (and to descend).

I don't even mind an 'alarm'.. it's just it's very loud and piercing.. I have my PC hooked up to Stereo, and it's great for regular sounds, but my wife is asleep in the room above me.. and all of a sudden that High Pitched beeping starts!!  :blink:

But agree, the sale deal for the plane is great at that price!! Other than the alarm, I am really liking it!

If you can find the audio file of the alarm sound in the aircraft's sound files, it should be easy to edit it to make it quieter.