Sign in to follow this  
FINXPAS

Lockheed Martin VS Dovetail Games ?

Yup.. Rewards for bare back solo'. Gold for night solo milking.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

This has turned into another stupid thread, how sad.

I'm trying to understand why every Dovetail thread is getting bombarded with Goat Simulator mockery. There are people who enjoy that, and I'm sure that you don't like them making fun of flight simulators either.

How about we discuss the upcoming release of FSX on Steam which should be in just an hour and a few minutes.

Nah.. Nothing to discuss until it launches. Actually, the thought of Goat Simmers making fun of us is, well, a joke in itself. Us Simmers, we can deal with flying goats, anytime. We all, most of us anyway, feel like a few laughs, after all this serious chatter.

Go goats..

In case you have forgotten, it's only a game. Oops, it says Simulation..

No, I'm not getting into a debate about Goat Simulation..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

This has turned into another stupid thread, how sad.

Sorry about that, I forget that pilots simmers don't laugh.

I already have my psychical copy of the game so getting the Steam Version is not a priority for me, however if they add some extra goodies on it and the multiplayers fix some of the issues that we suffered for about 8 years... i don;t know, maybe I reconsidere it.

Also about the Steam Workshop thing... if FSX:SE has that kind of support... well, that's look promising.

And it's out...

Daily Special @ 5 euro

And there is a Microsoft Flight forum (quite old), but no FSX forum

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Prepar3D for $230.90 CDN versus Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition for $5.59 CDN. At these prices I guess the real goat here is Lockheed Martin.

You think?

P3D Academic is about $50,

After the 20th,FSX Steam will be about $20 odd.

No need to be a brain surgeon to realize that the $6 is just an introductory offer, and the $20 odd is for an 8 year old game!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I don't qualify for Academic (or Professionals version for that matter); so FSX is the only game in town (if you will pardon the pun).

Lol.. The only game in town..

It's a game! What about XPLANE?.

Guys, we all got nice relatively new PC's, we gonna ###### & moan when 8 year old software, that is not optimized, obviously, for modern PC's are going to run slow, & then the tweaking starts..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

P3D websites states, "Acceptable uses of Prepar3D include Simulation, Learning, and Training," but the act of purchasing P3D and slapping it onto your personnel computer does not make it an authorized Aviation Training Device in which you can log time IAW FAR part 61. You need a letter of authorization (LOA) which must be near or displayed with the device and for anything other than instrument currency an Authorized Instructor must be present.

Exactly, FAA does not approve any software, it is the approved hardware in conjunction with the software and Microsoft Flight Simulator software has been used in the past with authorized hardware. That does not mean you can log flight hours, it is strictly a learning tool. Hardware and software that is accepted by FAA to log flight hours costs more than anyone one individual is willing to spend to putz around the sky and say "I have a Professional Flight Simulator". 

Correct, as noted on the P3D site, & previously on the Esp site as well. In conjunction with the requisite hardware.

And the point is?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...