Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16JAN15] Update 2 - FSX:SE - Compatibility Update

Robert, just a quick (I hope!) question. I have the MD11X on DVD (I think Amazon UK were selling it cheap.) Will it be possible to install that in FSX-SE? I can see that this could be a problem just wondered if you thought it could be done?

Iain Smith

Iain,

I did install the Boxed version of MD11X to FSX Steam edition, thus far it seems to be working with the steam edition. I suspect that all systems are fully working. The installer does recognize the FSX Steam Edition. So you can install it.

With all these choices I may have to give up painting the 777 (and 747 when she hits my paintshop) for just flying...unless PMDG can also model another 24 hours of sim time per day into their products!

NOPE.

You get your butt in the paint shop and keep it there. We'll let you out for a quick run every couple of days so you don't get the sim-crazies, but the world needs those paints, good sir!

Aamir Thacker

License question. I installed FSX-SE on my FSX client to keep the two versions  stand alone. Will there be additional cost to download and install a Steam version?  Thanks!

Bob

License question. I installed FSX-SE on my FSX client to keep the two versions  stand alone. Will there be additional cost to download and install a Steam version?  Thanks!

Bob

Bob,

I don't think there will be an additional cost. FSX Steam Edition uses the same license as FSX. Therefore you will be able to download it for free.

NOPE.

You get your butt in the paint shop and keep it there. We'll let you out for a quick run every couple of days so you don't get the sim-crazies, but the world needs those paints, good sir!

Hehe....yes sir!   Not sure how many more 777s I'll paint, but I'll convert most of my 777 textures to the 747v2 when she's released.  

Please don't misinterpret that as I just have to copy/paste/resize some textures and viola' I'm done....LoL...wish it were that easy Aamir. :unsure:

On a positive note, I should have the Evergreen 777 uploaded to Avsim tonight...and she's going to be one of the 1st converted paints to the 744F, since she existed in real life.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

The installer does recognize the FSX Steam Edition. So you can install it.

David, I had already tried but after your reply I tried again. Didn't work for me. At first I thought it would as it came up with "Install MD11X" but that then changed to just options to modify, repair or uninstall. I tried the modify option but it just went straight to the original FSX which is on my F drive and not SE which is on my C drive. I was not given a choice.

So, my original question stands.

Iain Smith

David, I had already tried but after your reply I tried again. Didn't work for me. At first I thought it would as it came up with "Install MD11X" but that then changed to just options to modify, repair or uninstall. I tried the modify option but it just went straight to the original FSX which is on my F drive and not SE which is on my C drive. I was not given a choice.

So, my original question stands.

Iain Smith

It is interesting, because I have installed it in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX folder and it works.

David-

Out of curiosity:  Do you have both FSX and FSXSE installed?  Or just FSX?

We have found some silliness in the registry depending upon what FSXSE sees when it first tries to install...  That has played a role in the amount of time it has taken us to get things running...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

David-

Out of curiosity:  Do you have both FSX and FSXSE installed?  Or just FSX?

We have found some silliness in the registry depending upon what FSXSE sees when it first tries to install...  That has played a role in the amount of time it has taken us to get things running...

I only have FSX Steam edition installed. The boxed version of FSX is uninstalled.

David-

Out of curiosity: Do you have both FSX and FSXSE installed? Or just FSX?

We have found some silliness in the registry depending upon what FSXSE sees when it first tries to install... That has played a role in the amount of time it has taken us to get things running...

Me too, I completely formatted my system and installed only FSX:SE. Again, no more Prepar3D 2.4 after formatting.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Good evening PMDG team

Once again:

Any actions for FSX users only with the T7 required?

Thanks!

Regards

Marcel

Thank You PMDG keep up that very nice work

After T7 how many time left to NGX release??

Thanks