Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16JAN15] Update 2 - FSX:SE - Compatibility Update

Good evening PMDG team

Once again:

Any actions for FSX users only with the T7 required?

Thanks!

Regards

Marcel

You will be fine Marcel. If your sticking with fsx only and not SE, there is nothing for you to do. It is only the installers that are changing, not the core product.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Good morning from GREECE.

I bought some of your products some time ago, and i am planning to use fsx-se. The installers are capable to install the planes corectly on fsx-se or i must redownload the products again?

The NEW installers are Free of charge or i must buy them again?

Sorry for my bad english.

Kalimera.

Dimitrios Dogos

Good morning from GREECE.

I bought some of your products some time ago, and i am planning to use fsx-se. The installers are capable to install the planes corectly on fsx-se or i must redownload the products again?

The NEW installers are Free of charge or i must buy them again?

Sorry for my bad english.

Kalimera.

Dimitrios,

The current installers can detect the path of FSX Steam edition, but when you load the addon all gauges will be black. FSX Steam edition uses the same license as FSX boxed edition, so  there will be NO CHARGES. I hope it helps you.

Guys, if you read Robert's post you will know that as soon as he has news he will share.

That being said, Thanks PMDG for adapting the planes to the Steam edition. That brought me back to FS.]

Cheers

Think I'll download and start a FSXSE back up, then see what happens when I have to do a FSX seinstall.

Thanks Robert.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Think I'll download and start a FSXSE back up, then see what happens when I have to do a FSX seinstall.

Thanks Robert.

Rick,

I am not sure the steam will fully backup the game. Because I used Steam's backup feature to backup Flight Simulator X Steam Edition and at around 8200MB Steam will say that Backup is complete and the game is around 16305MB, therefore backup is not completed. But you can give it a try. 

Just my opinion here so don't blow darts:  I've got FSX set up and running with scenery and weather like I want it, FSXSE offers nothing additional for me... I don't play online and I don't think even the Steam edition is going to allow PMDG online play. So, I wonder what's the buzz about FSXSE?? It's exactly the same as FSX as far as I can tell, same bad wx engine and ASN won't work with it, same horrible head movement effects, same 32b application so VAS management still applies... I give up.. why FSXSE over FSX (besides cost.. and you don't even own it, you must download it and redownload if you unistall)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, I agree with what you are saying, but there are pilots that are having problems when forced to do a clean install due to hardware upgrade/change because they have done so many in the the past and have to start the old Microsoft phone call activation business because their copy won't activate on the Internet any more. Then it may be worth forking out $25 (I think) for a Steam addition which doesn't have this problem and carries a permanent backup of all your steam apps.

I for one will be using my boxed edition until this happens to me or SE offers a substantial improvement in the software over the boxed edition.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just my opinion here so don't blow darts:  I've got FSX set up and running with scenery and weather like I want it, FSXSE offers nothing additional for me... I don't play online and I don't think even the Steam edition is going to allow PMDG online play. So, I wonder what's the buzz about FSXSE?? It's exactly the same as FSX as far as I can tell, same bad wx engine and ASN won't work with it, same horrible head movement effects, same 32b application so VAS management still applies... I give up.. why FSXSE over FSX (besides cost.. and you don't even own it, you must download it and redownload if you unistall)?

Exactly this.  Why the fuss?  And why are PMDG wasting time with duel installs?  In fact why are they bothering at all?  It's not 64-bit, so whats on offer?

The rubbish about licencing i've read on here is just plain daft.

Mystified.

Richard Wells

Exactly this.  Why the fuss?  And why are PMDG wasting time with duel installs?  In fact why are they bothering at all?  It's not 64-bit, so whats on offer?

Because if it's simple enough, why not capitalize on the extra revenue stream? If more people pick up FSX:SE (who hadn't previously purchased FSX), then those could be new purchasers of PMDG products.

As far as going to FSX:SE, I won't be doing it. I don't see a need to. My CDs are kept in a file cabinet for use when I need them. I don't see much added benefit in SE at the moment.

The rubbish about licencing i've read on here is just plain daft.

Depending on the license issue, it's not daft at all. Legal matters are potentially very, very, very costly. When you tick off a company that's large enough (Boeing, Lockheed, among others), it could actually shut a company down.

Ever see a payware developer do a Gulfstream jet? Nope. I wonder why...

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, you know what i'm talking about re the licencing issue.  People worrying their FSX Gold Edition will vaporise come the day that Microsoft fall out of the sky (I refer you to the post above mine).  Never, basically.

As for revenue stream via Steam, I doubt after the inital explosion there will be much there.  But if as you say, it is simple enough, then fine.  It doesn't seem to be so far though.

Richard Wells