Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

Looking for a good ga airplane

Im looking for a pmdg quality ga airplane for p3d, how does aerosofts twin otter stack up?  I was thinking about going for the majestic q400 but really I want a ga airplane more than a regional airliner.  How about the c441?  I dont know if I should go with one of these or wait for the p3d turbine duke.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

The Twotter is an awesome aircraft. Carenado makes pretty decent aircraft, I don't really prefer their glass cockpit aircraft because they don't go in depth enough but they are still good. You can look at Milviz as well, their King Air is in alpha and still amazing. Their B55 Baron is one of my favorite aircraft to fly and their Cessna 310 isn't bad either. A2A has some really impressive aircraft as well. Their C172, C182, and PA-28 are all top notch aircraft.

Samuel Scully

Nothing Beats A2A and Accusim.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hasn't been released (for P3D) as of today - but I would be willing to bet your future favorite GA will be the RealAir Duke v2 (Piston or Turbine). If you want single engine prop, probably best would come from A2A as noted by Samuel.

Best GA jet in P3D right now is probably the Carenado Citation II S550. Just make sure to get all the latest user mods from the Carenado forum in AVSIM. Aerosoft Twotter is a nice aircraft but I wouldn't consider it GA.

WAT1460.png

Nothing Beats A2A and Accusim.

Yes Patrick you are correct,  A2A are absolute perfection. 

The Cherokee would be my GA pick.   If i am feeling a bit wild, ill take my Civilian Mustang for a wee spin. 

Hasn't been released (for P3D) as of today - but I would be willing to bet your future favorite GA will be the RealAir Duke v2 (Piston or Turbine). If you want single engine prop, probably best would come from A2A as noted by Samuel.

Best GA jet in P3D right now is probably the Carenado Citation II S550. Just make sure to get all the latest user mods from the Carenado forum in AVSIM. Aerosoft Twotter is a nice aircraft but I wouldn't consider it GA.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I love the S550 aircraft in general, but my opinion of carenado is that they dont really model systems and fde's accurately, how does the S550 stack up in this regard?  Im looking for a complex airplane that is either a turboprop or jet that is not only used as an airliner so I would like to hear more about the twin otter as well.  I Want something comparable to a2a aircraft but not looking for a piston single at the moment.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

RealAir....will you please hurry up and take my money already!!! :)

Chris

If your're looking for PMDG quality then it really needs to be the A2A C182.

The S550 is definitely one of Carendo's best releases (now that some silly bugs are fixed at SP2), but it's still very definitely a Carenado.

If your're looking for PMDG quality then it really needs to be the A2A C182.

Or the A2A Cherokee 180, which imho is the best GA out there.

Agree with the general trend here, if it's PMDG quality GA you want, A2A (C172/182/PA-28) or RealAir (Duke/Turbine Duke/Legacy) are your only real choices below the regional airliner/really big for GA category.

The RealAir planes aren't P3D specific* but I've got the Legacy and Duke V2 and they work absolutely perfectly (including all sounds) with the latest migration tool.

And they are all many steps above anything by Carenado.....

It sounds like the Dukes would be your best bet if you are looking for complex but non-airliner

*Yet.  They are working on P3D versions which are expected to be available soon, for a nominal conversion fee for existing owners iirc.

I'm hoping that A2A do an Accusim'd piston twin at some point.  (but please God, not the Seneca)

Or the A2A Cherokee 180, which imho is the best GA out there.

Spot on. There is something very magical about that little plane, love the cockpit and panel textures.

A2A 180 or C182

Real Air if you want a twin.

If you ever want to step up from that the Q400.

After that it's big boys toys.

The End.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip