Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG 737NGX Release Timelines - This week...

Given it is 1AM over there, give the guys a break, their work day for Thursday only starts in like 7 or 8 hours!

Still up doing one more test flight before getting back to the day job in 6ish hours.

Interestingly enough, I'm actually flying over my house at the moment on my way back into IAD (gotta end the testing at home, after all).

2015-3-5_1-15-42-666.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

Still up doing one more test flight before getting back to the day job in 6ish hours.

Interestingly enough, I'm actually flying over my house at the moment on my way back into IAD (gotta end the testing at home, after all).

2015-3-5_1-15-42-666.jpg

And then off to bed with all of you!

I may do just one last flight with the "old" NGX for posterity's sake.

Keep up the good work guys!

Looks amazing .....Thank you Kyle 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

2015-3-5_1-15-42-666.jpg

wait, that is p3d.. Can we expect it too?

Victor Roos

Thanks Robert...

I assume this is "only" the FSX:SE update for the PMDG 737NGX and not the P3D version? 

This is a very topical issue! Us honestly warned for 6-18 hours, but it is not clear about what))

Garber Sergey

It's been said that FSX SE version will be released first closely followed by P3D version, however it has not been stated how closely it will follow. Could be next day or it could be 2 weeks.

How can you tell ?

Green tip on the tail is P3D. Gold is FSX.

Green tip on the tail is P3D. Gold is FSX.

Well spotted!

I didn't notice that... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

ehm, I thought so by the bloom on my Phone..

However, now I look at it on the pc, I don't think I was right ;)

Victor Roos

Just to know, on FSXSE version will be available VC shadows via SteveFX Scenery Fixer DX10 or only in Prepar3D 2.x version?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Just to know, on FSXSE version will be available VC shadows via SteveFX Scenery Fixer DX10 or only in Prepar3D 2.x version?

As Said before in reply to many people who have asked this question. No, because of how it was made in FSX it is technically impossible for their to be VC shadows yet, and due to this being a bug fix/compatibility update there was no visual or functional changes (except the weather radar) done to the aircraft. If it didn't work before, it still will not work now.

As Said before in reply to many people who have asked this question. No, because of how it was made in FSX it is technically impossible for their to be VC shadows yet, and due to this being a bug fix/compatibility update there was no visual or functional changes (except the weather radar) done to the aircraft. If it didn't work before, it still will not work now.

Having said that, P3D version will have shadows so they must have remodelled it in order for them to work (assuming P3D shadows work the same as FSX which I would assume so).

Also, you do not know that "there was no visual or functional changes (except the weather radar)" is true at all. They've, only stated that weather radar and terrain sweep are the major changes, along with a few other minor changes. 

(assuming P3D shadows work the same as FSX which I would assume so)

Did they not mention the opposite to be true somewhere?

Seeing how even clouds have shadows in P3D I'd assume shadows work different than in FSX. The former using DirectX 11 should be another clue.

Oh, I wish DTG could somehow implement DX11 in FSX:SE. :rolleyes:

Did they not mention the opposite to be true somewhere?

Seeing how even clouds have shadows in P3D I'd assume shadows work different than in FSX. The former using DirectX 11 should be another clue.

Oh, I wish DTG could somehow implement DX11 in FSX:SE. :rolleyes:

I've no clue to be honest but I thought the box around the NGX cockpit would still cause issues. Maybe not.