Sign in to follow this  
strider1

UFOs on the MOON !?

Obama recently appeared as a guest on the Jimmy Kimmel show and was asked about Aliens/UFOs. He was being tongue and cheek with his answers but he did not deny that aliens exist !

https://youtu.be/EYzRY2XpLBk

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Obama was doing the Never A Straight Answer technique :lol: .

Um, remember guys, no "poly ticks" are allowed here...

...just saying as a reminder.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Um, remember guys, no "poly ticks" are allowed here...

...just saying as a reminder.

Sorry.  Old NASA joke about Obama's answer to UFO/Aliens in the vid Strider posted.

There used to be intelligent life here before the Dinosaurs. Then the Dinosaurs came and eradicated it like in Jurassic Park. What we see on the moon is what remains of that former civilization  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously I got about 3 minutes into that video and couldn't take it anymore. The thing about these theories are the whack jobs that try and back them. 

Matthew Kane

What's worse is that they so often(that's 99.9%) ignore what should be slapping them in the face w/ common sense and simple facts. These shows prey on the ignorance of many and the stupidity of others, that is not to say that life elsewhere cannot exists, it means until I see one from somewhere other then Hollywood etc. I don't buy these notions and neither should others. I really get angry how so many have bought into the theory that man has not been to the moon just because some show placed a lot of absolute BS into their minds. Nothing about this particular show(s) had any science or truth behind it, and that's where ignorance takes hold, which is the first step to stupidity. :blink:

Yes... the last channel of the discovery network without Fake Reality shows is slowly deteriorating.  Sucking plasma from the sun? Holy cow.

I often find myself watching videos like this. I'm also a fairly regular listener of Coast to Coast AM on my nighttime commute from work (at least when they're not talking about vitamins or the banking system, which seems like every other show lately). It's not because I believe and accept this type of material, it's just there's always that bit of "what if?" that bounces around my head and I find it entertaining. I'm with Fr. Bill in thinking there's probably alien life out there, and that's based purely on the statistical probability of at least one other life-supporting planet in the gazillions of systems out there. Whether they're bi-pedal with funky foreheads a la Star Trek is a different matter, but again, entertaining to think about.

My particular interest is in the possibility of former human civilizations on Earth pre-Ice Age. Maybe it's my love of the tales of Robert Howard, but since human evolution makes up a only a tiny percentage of the time this world existed, who's to say other civilizations didn't evolve, flourish, and then do the Great Stupid by utterly destroying themselves in some sort of worldwide apocalypse? Between time and geological changes, all evidence of their existence would be pretty much eradicated. I'll never be so gullible as to believe that the particular way a moss grows on a random tree means "they's 'squatch in these woods", but on the more abstract level, the concept of pre-ancient civilizations is at least intriguing.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I am of the same view as well, Statistical Probability that we are not alone. I just don't think our 'Mankind' has evolved far enough yet to become apart of that higher awareness. We are still at an infancy in development and we still need to learn the basics like to not kill each other on this planet, let alone going beyond our planet.

Matthew Kane

This was almost as bad as ancient aliens, We always used to watch that show for laughs when I was studying archeology in college

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sorry.  Old NASA joke about Obama's answer to UFO/Aliens in the vid Strider posted.

Yes, sort of reminds me of a recent politician who seemingly was totally incapable of articulating "yes" or "no" when asked a simple question.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Earthlings; even though there may be countless civilised worlds in the Universe, there are several problems with encountering them. If another civilised world exists nearby, chances are humans arrived 10 million years after they died out already, or 10 million years before they evolve. If humans did find themselves nearby an inhabited world, at the moment it is too difficult for them to traverse the distance, even to the nearest stars, in any meaningful time frame. :h0115:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I thought Obama was a state, or was that Omaha?

Matthew Kane

Earthlings; even though there may be countless civilised worlds in the Universe, there are several problems with encountering them. If another civilised world exists nearby, chances are humans arrived 10 million years after they died out already, or 10 million years before they evolve. If humans did find themselves nearby an inhabited world, at the moment it is too difficult for them to traverse the distance, even to the nearest stars, in any meaningful time frame. :h0115:

Planck energy propulsion?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Planck energy propulsion?

Maybe. But even with the most efficient solutions of extracting zero point energy found so far by humans, approximately zero energy can be extracted for zero seconds. So they've got a few all-nighters ahead yet.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com