Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

P3D HDR Brightness Mod - Bright Daytime and Dark Night

Could someone tell me where can lower the intensity of the color, which is the file that should change, I found a good balance but has too much color.

Thanks

Have you carried out the mods? If you check the OP it's item 1. Your interested in.

Thanks It sure looks better.

Got only 1 issue, I only have VC, when I change view outside aircraft for example I only see a black screen.

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

Wow, these tweaks are a game changer, thanks to everyone who contributed. I use the HDR tweaks with Reshade and I am loving it. I like alot of vivid color, the video doesn't do the tweaks justice. 

What are your setting now ranger79? The video looks great. The daylight is bright like it should be.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

What are your setting now ranger79? The video looks great. The daylight is bright like it should be.

I just tweaked the SweetFX settings in Reshade (link below) and used the HDR tweaks from the main post. I had to add some saturation (very little) to the video due to Fraps making some of the colors dull in the recording. 

My SweetFX Settings within Reshade: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzGNU1ZmTlThMWVhblkwLW9maXc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks very much for this, it has made a huge difference for me

kind regards

So, can this be used to make daylight darker? I would like to be able to limit the brightness throughout the day to something like it is when the Sun is only a short distance above the horizon.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Has anyone tested this in V.3?  V3 is way too bright at night. 

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

I am on V3 and couldn't find any of the entries in the HDR.hlsl file. So still unable to test this as described on the original post.

The original post was for P3D V2.x not for V3.x ... V3.x has changed with HDR you can adjust via UI.

Try P3D V3 at Midnight with no moon, I can assure you it's not "too bright".  The only issue I see with current HDR is at Dusk and early night the clouds are too bright.

Cheers, Rob.

Although I'm loving what I'm seeing with v3, one thing that keeps me away from night flights is the way that clouds appear too bright at night against a dark background. At airliner cruising altitudes they just seem out of place.

Is there any way in P3d as it stands to do anything about this?

Luke Spencer

hello , edit prepar3d.cfg ,

[GRAPHICS]

TONEMAP_DAY_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.200000
TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.070000   It's good for me

dark clouds, is more complicated for me.

Cheers

Angel