Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

My condolences to Tom's family, may peace and comfort find you in this difficult time.

Farewell Tom, you are Cleared for Take-off buddy!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Shocked and saddened by this news. Although I didn't know him personally his wit and ability to use logic was always something that I admired.

My sympathies to his family.

supporter.jpg

Such sad news. I never knew or spoke with Tom, but without his forum (and it will always be his) I doubt I would have persevered with this hobby and got so much pleasure and enjoyment from it. I'm sure many others feel the same. He has left a terrific legacy for us all.

Very sad news. I will always be grateful for Tom’s contribution to the hobby, and bringing all us flight simmers together. Rest in peace.

Rest in peace Tom, wishing you clear skies on your outward journey. I know I'm not alone in feeling we've lost a huge part of Avsim and our community here, a great community that Tom founded. 

Tom, you are a true hero among our flight sim community.  We will miss you dearly, but will always treasure your contribution to our hobby and our lives.  May you rest in peace, and may your family remain proud!

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

RIP Tom Allensworth..

We send our deepest condolences to Tom's family from Indonesia.

We belive AvSim community will still glorious many years to come.

Thanks for all the memories and works created by you Tom. 

I'm so sorry to hear the tragic news.

My condolences to your family and the world of Avsims.

Your work will continue to be enjoyed by thousands of simmers.

Thank you.

Don R

Tom, in my 11 years as a member of AVSIM, I have had nothing but positive interactions with you.  I regret not being able to make the AVSIM social in Chicago a few years ago, it would have been great to meet you person.  Thank you for giving us AVSIM, it's been a big part of my life for over a decade.

- Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Rest in peace Tom Allensworth, thank you for your contribution to the Flight Sim community.

My deepest condolences to the family for their loss.

Torfi

I've been a member here for almost as long as I have been passionate about Flight Simulator - getting on for 12 years now. I visit AVSIM's pages pretty much every day, post quite often (and have contributed quite a few files to the library over the years - though not a tenth as many as I have downloaded!): it is largely thanks to Tom (though not to belittle the contributions of lots of other people, too, of course) that the site is so respected in our community and such a mine of information and resources.

I was very sad to learn today of his passing. My sincere condolences to his family. Tom has left a great legacy though in AVSIM and he will of course 'live on' and hopefully for a very long time to come, through these pages.

Martin

A great man left the world - his legacy, though, is everlasting.

Thanks for your dedication, love and enthusiasm.

Rest in peace Tom.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.