Sign in to follow this  
denali

New Driver, 350.12, (no foolin')

SLI driver for ... Grand Theft Auto 5!!!   Wooo hooo!!!

GeForce Game Ready Driver for Grand Theft Auto V

Just in time for the highly anticipated title Grand Theft Auto V, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you'll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay. In addition, this driver is aligned with today's launch of the world's fastest gaming GPU; the GeForce GTX Titan X.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Grand Theft Auto V, including support for SLI Technology and GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations 

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83819/en-us

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Driver is performing good, gives a very good AA (SGSS at 2x is end of shimmering in my P3D), little fps gain, but no runwaylights - this is ashowstopper.

regards

Michael

Sigh, I installed without thinking, haven't tested yet.  Looking forward to lightless runways I guess.

Only for GTA 5 PC. Don't care, since it's better on the PS4 anyway.

Better on PS4? Ha.. I can't believe that for a second. Haven't seen a console ever compare to any reasonable PC. Offering superior graphics and mod support, GTA V will be amazing on the PC.

Yes, PAPI lights are gone again with these latest drivers from nVidia.

I guess it really is time to see how AMD's 390X works in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

LOL I love how your titan x becomes just a throwaway item Rob, now who was it you promised to sell it to? :P

I'll put the Titan X in my other test PC if the AMD 390X pans out.

It's only hardware ... my loyalty to computer components goes about as far as the manufacturers loyalty to me :)

Cheers, Rob.

Another runway light eliminator for me.

Back to 347.88

I have been back awhile...

Sigh, I installed without thinking, haven't tested yet.  Looking forward to lightless runways I guess.

You're not alone...sigh indeed...

Yes, PAPI lights are gone again with these latest drivers from nVidia.

I guess it really is time to see how AMD's 390X works in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

I am very pessimistic unless amd releasing a driver support for p3d.

the memory bandwidth of the 390x will be 4096bit/s (not sure), what affect has it to p3d? Faster loading textures?

I'll put the Titan X in my other test PC if the AMD 390X pans out.

It's only hardware ... my loyalty to computer components goes about as far as the manufacturers loyalty to me :)

Cheers, Rob.

I'm fascinated to see how the R9 390X goes. I have an overclocked 290X at the moment and I don't think it deserves the hate that AMD cards seem to get in the flight sim community. Indeed, I held off getting the 980 recently to see how the 390X performs.

KR

Simon

Maybe there's more of a chance of Crossfire working properly with P3d than nVidia ever coming up with a viable SLI profile.

Nothing has ever bettered the 344.16's for me in my GTX970.

Maybe there's more of a chance of Crossfire working properly with P3d than nVidia ever coming up with a viable SLI profile.

Who knows, but I'll find out.

LM have indicated to me very recently they are still indeed working with nVidia ... no more information than that so don't ask :)

If it does happen, great, I can always swap the GPUs back and forth between my PCs.

Cheers, Rob.

No chance at all I'd say Rob. Crossfire only works with exclusive full screen mode apparently...

KR

Simon

I moved from AMD to Nvidia. The last release of AMD drivers improved the performance for me compared to what they were. I have three observations. 1. Graphically it was better with AMD. 2. Performamce was ok but I'm not comparing apples to apples. 3. Eyefinity compared with Nvidia Surround is easier to use. I could switch from Eyefinity to three independent screens at the touch of a button as you could set up profiles. I've not discovered yet if Nvidia can do this so it is a chore.

Crossfire only works with exclusive full screen mode apparently...

But what if the 390X is good enough such that I don't need Crossfire?  What if this 390X is able to work crossfire in Window mode?  What if I get better AA?  And what if AMD doesn't break the P3D PAPI lights on every other release?  AMD are also suggesting better DX12 peformance (by a considerable margin) than nVidia.

Lots of what if's, just have to see, I don't mind spending the cash on the experiment.  But the 390X isn't on sale yet, so just have to keep an eye out for it.

Cheers, Rob.

All good points. I've had AMD (ATI) cards for the last 18 years since I started building my own machines, but never an nVidia card, so it has to be said I am rooting for the red (or green and black, depending which logo you're looking at) team here!

Simon

Be very interesting to find out.

Nearly went for a 290 but in the end went gtx 970 this was my first nvidia in about 6 years. My feeling is amd cards have always been strong and I ran 3 screens with eyefinty on various cards for ages. There is definitely a lot of people in the flight sim community who believe the myth that it has to be nvidia or nothing. I remember reading threads with people screaming about ni and half refresh and poor aa and I was just flying thinking, what is all the fuss about?!

Very tempted to go back if it is a strong performer.

Chris

Bonjour,

Same problem with FSX SE... No runway lights for me.

Back to 347.88

Claude