Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

DTG: What would you like to see in a new Flight Simulator?

Sorry to burst your bubble but FSX is also a game, just like xplane or anything else on Steam.

A new game need a new playerbase, hardcore simmers have always been the minority of all those playing. DTG will have to find a balance like they did in Train sim (even tho i hope it will be more complex than how it is there).

And we have posted two different sources confirming it's the Microsoft Flight engine, with the capital F.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

At 4:35 "Based on Microsoft Flight Technology."

Make of it what you will, people.

DTG is still saying exactly the same thing in the job advert

...based on Microsoft's genre defining flight technology ...

and the Steam Edition Switch Show

...based on Microsoft['s] flight technology...

No change there then.

DTG is still saying exactly the same thing in the job advert

and the Steam Edition Switch Show

No change there then.

In the previous comments you were very particular about the "and" in the statement. Now you add an "S" to keep the sentence obscure. Its exactly because that sort of thing is so predictable that I said make of it what you will. Until DTG nails it to people's door, the debate will remain open.

Meanwhile, Since they are soliciting opinions from this forum, I wonder if there will also be a beta test group. That would be cool.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In the livestream with DT, video above, she states "based on Microsoft Flight Technology" which to me, sounds like she is stating, MS Flight technology, but why they mention FSX in the job description is anyone's guess, and muddles what the lady was saying. Also with a push for release in 2016 I think it will be a polished version of MS Flight, with hopefully the whole world but maybe just bigger then the world MS Flight was released with.

Here is an interesting thought though; Euro Truck Sim 2 and Train Sim only came with a small amount of the world. ETS has had two DLC's to expand Europe and the huge amount of mods allow you to extend further (the Russian mod is HUGE). Train sim, out the box, doesn't have a huge amount either. However, with planes we demand the whole world. Is that because that's what we've always had (and still have with rival products) or that's because we expect that from a plane game? As someone said though, it needs to captivate a wide audience to make money, which means it will have a lot of stuff in there that, I expect, a lot of the hardcore users don't use. I've never used a default aircraft, I've clicked two buttons on the opening screen; Settings and Free Flight. I wouldn't know what default weather is like, I've never used the built-in ATC...I expect users like me are in the minority, and you can't make profit from that.

That being said, they did bring up a question about 64bit in the live stream, and said they asked about it a lot and they mentioned DX11 or 12. And while her answer was a typical "any future upgrades are for our new product" which means absolutely nothing, the fact they brought it up means they're not skying away from the elephant in the room.

Now you add an "S" to keep the sentence obscure.

I added a the ['s] in brackets to show sopund was ambigous. It doesn't affect the meaning of the sentence.

On the other you changed the meaning what you  posted "Based on Microsoft Flight Technology."  How did you know those words  were capitalised - wishful thinking?

In the livestream with DT, video above, she states "based on Microsoft Flight Technology"

She doesn't she states "...based on Microsoft  flight technology..." There is a difference.

DTG has always states "...based on Microsoft's genre defining flight technology ..." and hasyet  never said that it is  based on Flight

I think it will be a polished version of MS Flight, with hopefully the whole world but maybe just bigger then the world MS Flight was released with.

Dovetails whole buisness is based around selling a framework then selling you the rest as DLC.

Expect MSFlight with more areas as DLC available from the start, simplistic aircraft (flight! cannot load Dll's) and lots of missions to buy.

That is how DT make their money, expecting a full featured serious simulation from them is unrealistic given their buisness model.

As france99 says.... "Sorry to burst your bubble but FSX is also a game, just like xplane or anything else on Steam."

& I think Glynn sums it all up above!.

I wonder where the guys that want a 'not for entertainment' sim will gravitate to?

By the way, the only person I know that can speak in CAPITAL letters is my girlfriend! Never heard anyone else.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Expect MSFlight with more areas as DLC available from the start, simplistic aircraft (flight! cannot load Dll's) and lots of missions to buy.

So doesn't that mean things like PMDG's, A2A's accu-feel (and so 172, Skylane et al) won't work? Or at the very least a big re-write to get it in to Flight? My thinking is that while I think TS is a pretty good sim, only the scenery has the detail for me. The trains to me are just like default FSX aircraft. You can turn some dials but not much. And maybe that's the mass market with flight sim that they are going for. Nothing wrong with that at all, but some (most?) of us that hang around here wouldn't be happy with that. And then we have 2 other platforms to chose from.

She doesn't she states "...based on Microsoft  flight technology..." There is a difference.

DTG has always states "...based on Microsoft's genre defining flight technology ..." and hasyet  never said that it is  based on Flight

I have to question how you're making the difference between capitalised and uncapitalised Flight from that video?

I have to question how you're making the difference between capitalised and uncapitalised Flight from that video?

But no one speaks in capltals, do they? - There is a real difference between "flight" and "Flight"  or "technology" and "Technology"  - except for the wishful thinkers - or worse.

the. DTG have always used the same words uncapitalised elsewhere "...based on Microsoft's genre defining flight technology ..." 

You know what? I'm going to do what I always do when things get this silly. Let time resolve the issue. We can revisit this conversation, then.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

You know what? I'm going to do what I always do when things get this silly. Let time resolve the issue. We can revisit this conversation, then.

I agree. Let's wait until DTG make a statement - until then stop speculation.

:p0503:Yup, back to flying our sims.. more fun than speculating. :p0504: :p0502: :t4013:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I wonder where the guys that want a 'not for entertainment' sim will gravitate to?

P3D.

I think it's great that a new sim might be developed.  However, if it degenerates into a Train Simulator-like product, then good luck with that.  Consider this - there are a LOT of MSTS fans who are still running MSTS, bad as it looks, because the functionality and realism of the old sim (ACES Studio, BTW) far outstrips the new TS2015.  I moved over to Run8, which is really cool and has great realism and graphics and is controlled by human dispatchers similar to VATSIM.

Regarding TS DLC, what do you get for your money?  Donner Pass with missing grades and unrealistic physics for 39.99 or Majestic's Q400 for the same price for plain-vanilla FSX?  Which DLC gives you more realism?  Currently,TS must rely on a small group of independent users who post physics fixes to the motive power so that you actually have to climb Marias Pass with a full consist in notch 8 instead of the default notch 2 or 3. 

This has been brought to DTG's attention and junk is still getting pumped out in the DLC's.  'Course, FSX and P3D has it's share of devs who pump out poor content here and there; it happens.  The only team that fully vets an addon before they will allow it is DCS.  However, DCS is a combat sim, which it does beautifully.  If I could use my Milviz aircraft or Iris aircraft in DCS and it had a larger world, I'd probably never return to P3D. 

Kattz out.

The issue with DCS is, I feel for our scenario, is giving the amount of add-ons, payware or freeware, you would need a huge team to vet the add-ons, which is unworkable. Also increases the risk of developers pulling or or just not bothering to start with. I can't say I like that idea, which is why I always wait for a few reviews and check forums before buying. That goes for anything though. I spent a year researching cars before I picked one.

I guess it depends whose making the DLC's. The Orbx DLC's for FS:SE we know will be good. The Jane missions series are apparently pretty good if you like that sort of thing. If, for example, an A2A came out as a DLC we know that would be good. But if Dovetail brought out a DLC we, at this point, won't know if will be any good. Will it be an A2A? I doubt it. Would it satisfy a large portion of the non-hardcore players? Yeah maybe, and if that makes the company profit, that's a good thing. If that profit in turn improved the simulator which then improved the lives of more hardcore people, who avoided these "lighter on realism" DLC's and went for the A2A's and PMDG's for the sim world, then, well, nobody has lost.

But as said above, this is all speculation, we're literally working off no information here heh:)

@ codechris - agree completely.  Regarding any sim produced by DTG for flight simulation, I'm adopting a "wait and see the reviews" approach.  Won't completely discount it yet.