Sign in to follow this  
Neutrino Flux

FSX .... End of an era

Once the (SLI) profile is out, and if it pans out to what is expected of it, I think we'll see P3Dv2 in another light. And DX12 might bring quite a few more possibilities to the table... It will, in the end, leave FSX(SE) in the shadows.

Hey Nick, I started in the old days with a Radioshack TRS-80! Block graphics then I moved over to Spectrums. Ahhhh, those were the days... wire-line mono graphics!

I still run 2x versions of Fs9, of which one is my favourite.. 'Golden Wings', a regressed version (early aircraft to 1930's ish!) & P3D.

I miss those dial-up days.. I could recognise that beeping sound when connections took place. In the very early days, we build our modems, they were sound operated, & picture a box with 2 rubber cups, toilet pipes, to fit over the telephone handset! 

Dunno why you got all these, shall I be harsh & call them 'trolling' responses. It almost looked like a 'p_ssing' contest.

Anyhow, have fun with P3D, & as a diversion, download the HMS Bounty from here or Simviation. It's great fun sailing around, & it has been created by the most creative team of freeware guys. The way I feel is that if a guy, or team makes the effort of creating something interesting, I will support them. They are the backbone of our hobby. There are so many 'fun' add-ons out there, Flight simming does not have to be all about flying! :p0503:

Cheers,

Robin

You seem to take issue with some of the responses, so I'll be frank.

People don't care if somebody is leaving a certain flight sim platform...or why.  Some are just too polite to say it.  Others (like Jim) don't pull punches.  I wonder how many pages you could fill with peoples "I'm leaving xyz platform because..." threads.  Probably quite a few.  

I'll just leave this right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcHNnI2mh4

SLI will likely make me take another look at P3D. That used to be almost my one of my top issues to switch. Lately though, I think I'll have to see what kind of airplanes are coming in the future. I don't know if it's worth it just to fly the same planes in P3D that I already am content with, in FSX. Honestly I'm a little bored with the civvy sims at the present, and am enjoying the combat sims.

In that case this thread shouldn't even exist, let alone with a title like "FSX .... End of an era".

Of course this thread should exist. The title is about FSX... End of an era..FOR NICK. his personal journey!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

When you pick up a good book you immerse yourself in the narrative and transport yourself Into the books world with your imagination.

Our book is the computer screen and we're still reliant on our imagination to transport ourselves into the sky. I'm sure many here can empathise with the pain and suffering we endured to reach that place with our endless tweaks and underpowered hardware. Yes it true, the hardware and the tweaks have reached a pinicle where we can attain that mind state and feel satisfied. Or can we?

To date nothing has come close to the feeling I experienced flying SubLogic II on my Amiga. Why? because it fired my imagination and as progress in the genre continued I often compare what I have now to that picture and feeling I have in my head.

A new series of flight sim is emerging. It's embracing flight and I've hitched a ride. So far, it's showing true promise. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for all those that came before it. Whatever software your using, if it transports you to where you want to be why knock it and why change it?

Of course this thread should exist. The title is about FSX... End of an era..FOR NICK. his personal journey!

I think it goes to show that people really do need to think carefully about the title they give to a message. Otherwise it can so easily be misinterpreted.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

LOL !! Misinterpreted if you don't have a brain maybe !!

Let me spell the original post out for the people having trouble understanding it shall I ?

Title - FSX .... End of an era ....

Meaning - I've personally done with FSX as described in the post below. Please read the post below before commenting on the title only.

Line 1 - Well that's it ... I've moved on an said goodbye to FSX. I've put my FSX and all my boxed software that's not compatible with P3D up for sale ....

Meaning - I've finished with FSX. I'm selling my FSX stuff. Everyone else ? Carry on with FSX as normal please.

Line 2 - I've had some great times with the sim and spent far too many hours !!

Meaning - I really loved FSX. It has been a great companion over many adventures and the Mrs has oft berated me for spending too much time with it.....

Line 3 - I'm delighted with P3D ! If you have not tried it yet then please do !!

Meaning - AND THIS WAS THE MAIN GIST OF THE POST !!!!!!!!! I've very pleased with P3D and I would like others to also be pleased with it.... I would recommend giving it a go if you can.... Obviously the only person to really grasp this was Wobbie for some unfathomable reason .....

Guys and Gals,

You just know I am gearing up for one!

You seem to take issue with some of the responses, so I'll be frank.

People don't care if somebody is leaving a certain flight sim platform...or why.  Some are just too polite to say it.  Others (like Jim) don't pull punches.  I wonder how many pages you could fill with peoples "I'm leaving xyz platform because..." threads.  Probably quite a few.  

I'll just leave this right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcHNnI2mh4

I love the implication that someone shouldn't make a forum post on what they have decided to do in their flight sim world. Shall we update the TOS with what people are and are not allowed to post?

If you don't care, don't get involved, move on.

Nick_h: No need for the hostility mate. A title like this is almost guaranteed to get some discussion going (and well done for that!) but don't play the innocent... ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I love the implication that someone shouldn't make a forum post on what they have decided to do in their flight sim world. Shall we update the TOS with what people are and are not allowed to post?

If you don't care, don't get involved, move on.

It kind of falls into the same category as where I flew yesterday and why!

No I don't Jim. But I have a feeling your the kind of bloke that's going to 'let us all know' ....

Yep, it's going to be my "Goodbye to..................I know that everyone cares what I fly." post!!

:blush:  OK Jim lol ! It must be a Virgo thing :-D

Ebs.... Yeah I was probably a bit harsh on Jim their when I don't really know him.... BUT !!! Don't play the innocent ? I've not read these forums for a long while ( although I was a member for years ) so I was unaware of such strong feeling....

It's almost like the my 8bit, 16bit, my console is better than your.

This is supposed to be a grown up hobby...

My post was simply my joy in discovering P3D and wanting other like minded individuals know I thought it was great and they should try it ?

I (and no doubt many others) knew exactly what you meant, Nick.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png