Sign in to follow this  
Neutrino Flux

FSX .... End of an era

Nick, have you ever thought about getting into Politics?  :lol:

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

A simple, "I'm leaving FSX" blown, as usual,out of proportion.6 pages, 76 comments & judt a few "good lucks"!

Nick, maybe the P3D forum is less confrontational than this one.

Enjoy your P3D, once again, best of luck, & try to make sure your landings equal the number of take-off's. Lol..

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

:-D Thanks all. Lets wrap it up then ... Obviously P3D is MUCH better than FSX and FSX is on its last legs.

;-)

I'm off for a beer .... Anyone care to join me ?

Beer is so yesterday. It's on its way out. End of an era. I'll have a diet coke with ice and lemon, thx :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Beer is so yesterday. It's on its way out. End of an era. I'll have a diet coke with ice and lemon, thx

How dare you say such a thing Chris?! How dare you?!

You come waltzing in here just exclaiming that "Beer is on it's way out" have you got anything to back it up? hmmm? HMMMMM?

I'll have you know that I and many MANY other people that I know are enjoying beer daily thank you very much.

I've invested so much time and money into beer in the past and I'm not ready to give it up...not now, NOT EVER!!

Suuuure, "diet coke with 'ice and lemon'" might look better, taste better and ultimately be better for you in the long run but I just can't imagine changing anything.

Not only that but if you're not a student, you're not technically supposed to be drinking diet coke with ice and lemon anyway. In fact, I'd be too scared to even try it in fear of the FBI kicking down my door one night while I'm on my second glass. It happened to a friend of mine's, best friend's babysitter's brother....Actually, come to think of it, I have heard that only the diet coke glass is for students, everything else you put in to it can be used by anyone.... But that's beside the point! In fact, I'd only consider trying it if it cost 4 times as much and came without a label on!

Have fun with your 'student drink'....Don't try and convince me otherwise!

:lol:

Neil Andrews.

Am I correct in thinking that students are OK to drink "diet coke with ice and lemon" if they have an Academic License?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I believe so, but if you order a diet coke in a pub, the barman doesn't even ask for your student ID.

I think they just do this so they don't upset the 'main brewery'

Anyway, I think I'm pushing it a little bit now, so I won't say any more!

Neil Andrews.

We, licensed Professionals are very happy with our whiskey. (no more than 2 blocks of ice!). Its no game choosing a suitable (drinking) solution what we are happy with. I hope that X-Planes it all.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

We, licensed Professionals are very happy with our whiskey. (no more than 2 blocks of ice!). Its no game choosing a suitable (drinking) solution what we are happy with. I hope that X-Planes it all.

You... you barbarian!

How dare you poison fine whiskey with ice! :Shocked:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You guys need to crawl back into your caves.  Beer, Diet Coke, Lemon?  Phuuuleeeeze!  That's so 2013.

I have a professional license to drink tap water loaded with fluoride, chlorine, chloramine, heavy metals and all sorts of goodies.  I like to drink it while flying FS9.

To date nothing has come close to the feeling I experienced flying SubLogic II on my Amiga.

You brought up some memories with this sentence. I had my first flight sim experience with my Commodore 64 - and I can still vividly remember, 30 years later, flying over Southern California and imagining the surrounding hills and mountains, all from simple wire-based outlines (not to mention the putt-putt sound of the engine).

The same applies to the old text-based adventure games - my mind filled in all of the blanks.

That is NOT to say that I'm complaining about where we've progressed to - I could not have imagined the immersion we have today. But there is a lot to say about "imagination" - you'd be surprised (maybe) how popular the old Amiga/Atari/Intellivision games are. A couple of years ago, I fired up my Amiga 500 after 20 years of being boxed up in the attic (where the temps are often > 120F.) without a hitch - that was a WONDERFUL system!

I have a photograph somewhere of my Christmas presents from 1988, and pride of place goes to Flight Simulator 2 for the Commodore Amiga 500 B) I still reckon that it had better graphics than FS5.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

:-D Thanks all. Lets wrap it up then ... Obviously P3D is MUCH better than FSX and FSX is on its last legs.

;-)

I'm off for a beer .... Anyone care to join me ?

OK....I've tried may hardest not to respond to this thread.....But.....

This is pure BS:

Ford is better then Chevy...

Lamborghini is better than Ferrari...

Sophia Loren is better-looking than Marilyn Monroe...

Mine is bigger than yours.....

But..........beer is good.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Doug.... Beer....Is.... Good.... But you have to agree.... Whisky is also good.... And when you've had enough of either ANYTHING is good !!!