Sign in to follow this  
byork

21 MAY 2015 - NGX REBOOT STATUS

You see guys, it's a marketing ploy. Apple uses it, and so does PMDG. Keep hanging teasers until people are so frustrated waiting on the product they are at each others throats venting. Then when you decide anticipation has reached a climatic fervor, you release and haul in the nets$$$.

Vic green

You see guys, it's a marketing ploy. Apple uses it, and so does PMDG. Keep hanging teasers until people are so frustrated waiting on the product they are at each others throats venting. Then when you decide anticipation has reached a climatic fervor, you release and haul in the nets$$$.

I never thought about that, but it's a good idea.

I'll release only when at least half the Avsim user base is holding up the NGX Reboot Box Art in the air while threatening self-immolation unless I release  B)

Sounds like a plan... ^_^

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hi Bryan,

I noticed a few days ago you mentioned that only one of the SOPS will be available if you are a button user like myself.  If this is the case does the reboot bring anything new to people like me who only use button versions?

Dean Farley

Hi Dave,

The SOP used itself is different than the old Legacy version.  You'll get a new GUI/UI, more customization.  

Legacy is around 3 years old.  Reboot is 3 years more advanced.  We've learned a lot in 3 years.

Best,

Thanks for the reply Bryan,

I'm glad its got something new for us button users.  Just out of interest are us button users in the minority when it comes to things like fs2crew?

Dean Farley

Thanks for the reply Bryan,

I'm glad its got something new for us button users.  Just out of interest are us button users in the minority when it comes to things like fs2crew?

Here's one more button fan.

Vic green

Just out of interest are us button users in the minority when it comes to things like fs2crew?

Yes, button users are a minority, and with Windows 10 coming out very soon that will basically allow everyone to install the ENGLISH - US language pack, we expect Button Control users to further diminish in size.

I honestly feel sorry for anyone that can''t use the voice control. And I mean that sincerely. I hope all button users can migrate

It's not always quiet where I sim.

I am in the same boat, John. So my initial years with FS2C were button years. I did enjoy it.

But then, when I moved from FS9 to FSXI thought 'Oh well, you only live once', so I bought the voice one.

And... what a difference! As fas as you can call the home simulation realistic, what dose of realism it added!

I will never come back to button versions. And even my wife doesn't mind my talking to my computer anymore. :smile:

Agree! I'm a fan of the voice version. You can ask the PNF to set the autopilot and the radios while you focus on hand flying without having to struggle with the yoke and the mouse at the same time.

It adds a new level of realism like in real flights.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

First time someone heard me talking "alone" was back in 2008 when I was sharing a flat with some roommates... I will always remember their faces staring at me from the door step seeming to call me crazy! A flight on IVAO with online ATC... Priceless!  :lol:

Now everybody gets used to it from my friends to my girl friend...I think they come to terms with it!  :rolleyes:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I honestly feel sorry for anyone that can''t use the voice control. And I mean that sincerely. I hope all button users can migrate

Could someone recommend a headset to use for this?  I have never used FS2Crew but will be getting the new NGX version.  I'm wondering if all sounds would then go through the headset or just the voices?  In other words, will the engine sounds, etc still come out of my PC speakers?  If that is the case, I'm not sure I would want a headset that muffles those sounds too much.  Thanks for any help!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11