Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

NVidia 352.86 ..This NOT the SLI driver for P3D!

Hi everyone

Ok  ..... I think I have conclusive evidence that this is definitely NOT the SLI driver for Prepar3D

My system is spanned over three 26 inch 16.10 ratio screens and using 2 x GTX 970 graphics cards

Now .... with P3D spanned over these three screens ... set to SLI mode and the SLI indicator ticked I am not seeing the green bar on the far left hand side which quite rightly means that P3D is not running in SLI mode

I noticed that in the NVidia control panel when I am spanned over three screens I do not have the option to select SLI rendering mode .... the actual listing isn't even there!!

So .... I then decided to go into 'Configure SLI,surround,PhysX' and select Maximise 3D Performance which quite rightly only gives me the option to use one of my screens  ....

As soon as this was applied  .. Bingo ....  the SLI rendering listing is there and I have to option to select it

Once I have loaded P3D .. yes the green bar is to the left of the single screen is there but alas .. the green section is about 1 inch in thickness and doesn't fluctuate at all  ...

Ok  ..... Now here's the rub!!!

I took note of my FPS inside the cockpit and outside using the exact same scenarios/aircraft/weather etc etc for both single screen in supposedly SLI mode AND spanning the simulator over my three large screens which wasn't in SLI mode and the FPS are exactly the same!!!

I think that is pretty conclusive testing that this isn't the SLI driver we were hoping for .... and surely if this was the driver I would be able to select SLI over all three screens

Also ..... I am pretty sure that both NVidia and Lockheed Martin will be shouting from the rooftops once the new driver and P3D driver profile has been officially released!!

I am open to be corrected on this but I am pretty sure of my findings 

Cheers

Paul

Well am sick of all this

It is :blink:

it is not :blink:

I dont even have SLI, but if there are drivers for P3D I would hope it brings better performance to us single card users.

Still not installed as every other post contradict the others.

Are these "THE" drivers? cook knows

Would love to know.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I think that the driver 352.86 is the precursor of the official driver, but that first should be released a fix for P3D.

If in doubt, stick with your existing drivers until a little pixie from LM or Nvidia provides confirmation.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

wise words Christopher

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

OR try the darn thing yourself and end your speculation.

Unless someone states that the driver blew up their card there is absolutely NO assurance that whatever they say will be the same on your system.

So what happens - you wait until you hear enough attaboys and then try it and - what?? - it doesn't work the same on YOUR system?

I'm sorry guys, but frankly, all this should I or shouldn't I id ridiculous.

The new driver DOES enable SLI by default but it apparently doesnot function with 3 monitors. I only have two and it works just fine, thank you.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

+1 for Vic's. 

It enabled SLI on mine,  verified with green bar fluctuating  AND using Afterburner.  AND I have three monitors.

I don't care if it's the "official" announced - it just works, no hassle no funny stuff.

Just be aware second card doesn't always trigger after re-boot - from web search - Alt+Enter kicks it, or Enable /Disable the 3D indicator for some reason. Follow the NVidia rules about monitor connection and also try re-seating the SLI bridge connector if persists

I love it when people say it doesn't work and haven't tried it. Many have it working now.  Oh, and Yes -  it's a better driver even if you aren't using SLI  !!!

+2 for Vic

This version works significantly better in all respects on my box (dual 980's). This includes SLI functionality. It may or may not be the driver LM referred to but it is a significant improvement over the driver I was using (347.88). However, unlike the OP, I only have one screen so there may be some issue specific to configurations using multiple screens. I can say that on my system, I do see the green bars but more to the point, monitoring using Precision X 16 shows the load evenly spread across both cards. I've also tried it with one card (SLI disabled) and it also works better than the older driver I was using. This driver is an improvement.

Hi Birdmanmike

I would be very interested to know how you managed to get SLI enabled and what settings you adjusted in order to get P3D spanned over the three screens

I know that my two graphics cards are SLI's because I tested it with  benchmark  software called 'Heaven' by Unigine

The software spanned nicely over the three screens and I had the SLI indicator running on the left hand side

Incidently the green bar was almost maxxed out whilst that software was running but hardly showing when I had P3D set up on one screen

Just out of interest ...  on your system how much of the green bar is showing when you are spanned over three screens with P3D running

Cheers

Paul   

It's on max 3D performance, not surround (my 3 monitors are different sizes and one is used for flightplans and browser, one for weather etc).  All 3 - 2560x1444, 1920x1200 and 1300x768 are plugged into the top card by display port, HDMI and dvi/vga.  Surround works but naturally looks awful on those three - and one is below the main screen.

The green bar varies from about 1/5 to 2/3 depending on the load on the 2x670.  I have no doubt that spanning the P3D across three with complex stuff and weather would slow to crawl on those cards so wouldn't anyway - and prefer to use the one big screen for main and put instruments, GTN, Plan-G etc on the others along with browser, FSinn etc.  I use MSI Afterburner to monitor the GPU usage (the green bar is a PITA) and typically GPU1 is at 65% and GPU2 at 58% in flight in bad weather - that's with at least 4 other windows open on 2nd and 3rd monitors. Note now that is with moderate AI but no traffic add-on, shadows on, some, but not reflections, HDR on, FPS are 40-60.  Unlimited, vsynch off.  I AM using SGSSx8.  Plan-G and Opus also running

See my earlier note about occasional SLI being off - others have seen and you can find on internet - search 2nd card not working in SLI.  Also for some reason I found I had to plug the monitors in after setting SLI, initially got BSOD. So sequence was configure monitor position, resolution and spanning if needed in windows display settings.  Then reboot with just main monitor on, do SLI setup in NVCP (set green bar on if wanted), start P3D, then plug the other monitors in. That avoids the hardware conflict giving (me) BSOD.

Do use a GPU monitor when running SLI app (P3D) to ensure both cards are being used - the green bar can apparently show when in SLI but second card not being utilised.  Afterburner is free and works on any cards (mine are gigabyte).  This second card sometimes not switching only happened once so far to me, but is documented on internet

Hi Mike

Ahhhhhh I see  .......  and a big thank you for explaining your set up to me

The difference with our three screen set ups is that I am actually spanning with surround over all three identical screens .. so my resolution is a massive 5760 x 1200  .......  

This now explains that SLI and P3D will not work in surround mode unless anyone else has managed to get this working ???

No I don't use afterburner but will take a look at that  ......

Cheers

Paul 

Has anyone actually asked Nvidia or LM if this is the driver for SLI? They might enlighten us.

- Bill Magann

Don't start bringing sensible questions into the AVSIM forum. You'll just confuse everyone :P

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lol yes sensible is boring. For me, immortal 1 card user the new driver did make some improvements with my Sun. I don't think even when a Nvidia profile comes that it will have the wack in power everyone is hoping for.