Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

I had to change the file sizes because of timeout errors. You may recall a while back that avsim wanted to change the library system and didn't because of a huge outcry.

That said, what desperately needed changing was the upload process. It is antiquated to say the least! You click on "I want to upload this file" and nothing happens. Unless you are wise enough to check that the activity on your modem has substantially increased. When the file has finished uploaded still nothing happens whilst avsim do virus checks and the like. In doing so the link to the page is discretly disconnected and the timeout error occurs. Meaning that the whole process has to be repeated hence the smaller files. Or you get lucky and get "We have received your file". And then a day or so for the librarians to post it.

It should hopefully all be under one heading. Once done I'll redo the first file so that the number of directories mentioned concurrs.

Hi Nicholas,

just to be sure - the model your panel fits is DM's archive "VC10_1151.zip", isn't it?

Thanks for all the work and regards

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Nicholas,

just to be sure - the model your panel fits is DM's archive "VC10_1151.zip", isn't it?

Thanks for all the work and regards

Harald

Yes.

When you have finished installing the stuff from DM's website you should have a file in the Aircraft directory "Vickers Super VC10".

Then when I have finished uploading all you need to do is follow the simple instructions.

In spite of turning off every option in the browser, avsim is still timing me out. It's taken 10 attempts to get 3 files up and still one to go. Which I'll try tomorrow as it's getting late here now.

O.K., thanks again! And good luck with the remaining upload.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Finally! Got all the files uploaded. What an antiquated process. Anyway it will probably be a day or so before they actually go live in the libarary. I'll let you know.

Many thanks, 3 downloads done & installed, a few more to go....

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It seems to have gone live so here's the link

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Super+VC10+Panel+Upgrade+Part&CatID=root&Go=Search

Download all the zip files into a temporary directory. Make two more temporary directories eg. Folder 1, Folder2.

Extract the first zip file into folder 1 and zip files 2 to 6 into folder 2.

Return to folder 1 and follow the installation instructions and repeat for folder 2.

It "should" all work ok!   :help:

You deserve a pizza and a bottle of the best Tuscany red!

Thank you

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Good South African red from me as well.!

Many thanks.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

If anyone gets a problem when trying to load the Super VC10 saying "unable to load atn.gau" try this:

copy the file MSVCR71.DLL  from your windows folder C\windows\system32 and paste it into C\windows\SysWOW\64

See this thread for details http://www.avsim.com/topic/276661-etienne-martin-pushback-gauge-with-win-7/

I think this will affect win7 64 bit users.

Peter Schluter

You deserve a pizza and a bottle of the best Tuscany red!

Thank you

Martin

Many thanks.

Lambrusco Amabile please! And a limoncello after lunch!! Or if the limoncello is not available Vecchio Grappa di Prosecco preferably 20 years old :-)

If anyone gets a problem when trying to load the Super VC10 saying "unable to load atn.gau" try this:

copy the file MSVCR71.DLL  from your windows folder C\windows\system32 and paste it into C\windows\SysWOW\64

See this thread for details http://www.avsim.com/topic/276661-etienne-martin-pushback-gauge-with-win-7/

I think this will affect win7 64 bit users.

That's the pushback module I think. I downloaded that from avsim if I recall.

Thanks so much for this release! I sincerely hope that your work achieves the deserved critical acclaim. :smile:

Where is the fuel management spreadsheet for the Standard Fuel Uplift Standard.xls ? :help:

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Thanks so much for this release! I sincerely hope that your work achieves the deserved critical acclaim. :smile:

Where is the fuel management spreadsheet for the Standard Fuel Uplift Standard.xls ? :help:

This update is only for the Super VC10 so I haven't included the spreadsheet for the Standard. In order for that spreadsheet to make sense the fuel system for the Standard has also to be modified. So try to be patient :-) The upgrade for the Standard is next on the list. It won't be as complex as the Super.

Did my first test flight in the Super.  Thanks for all your hard work Nicholas.

Peter Schluter

Did my first test flight in the Super.  Thanks for all your hard work Nicholas.

You didn't crash!!! How did it feel in comparison to the old model?