Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

I think I just found P3D heaven...

Very nice setup - looks awesome! You're going to get a lot of copycats... :lol:

Guess I should have made a deal with the TV industry before posting here :lol:

Richard Åsberg

I have just upgraded as well..

I got 2x980 gtx running in sli to power my LG 49" 4k momitor...

The difference is mindblowing..

Dave

I actually got a second 980 Ti myself to see if running two 980 Ti's in SLI would cure the stuttering I first experienced during a short segment in dense clouds on my first 4K flight but in my case running in SLI mode introduced more issues than it helped with fixing the stuttering.

That's when I got rid of the second card and started playing around with overclocking the remaining single card instead and in the end it turned out really good :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Here's one picture and here's another one showing the setup but of course pictures like this won't do it justice compared to actually sit in front on the TV in real life. What I'm most happy about is that the 980 Ti had enough power to drive P3D in 4K with the NGX and all normal addons such as FTX Global, Vector ASN etc. At first I did experience some stuttering when entering dense clouds but after I overclocked the card now running at 1450 MHz I haven't seen any more stuttering and my FPS normally stays between 35-50 in the v/c in the NGX.

Links not working for me ... Any Chance to see those pics?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

That's when I got rid of the second card and started playing around with overclocking the remaining single card instead and in the end it turned out really good

After dabbling in SLI, I also have decided I'm single card kind of guy.

It also helps me to not get so hammered in $ pain when I want to always grab the latest and greatest card all the time.

Links not working for me ... Any Chance to see those pics?

The links are working fine here so no idea why they are not working for you, sorry.

Richard Åsberg

Those links don't work for me either ...... ?

Any chance you could just upload them to a post?

Cheers

Romflyer

Perhaps you could check the links.

How far away are you sitting in front of the screen ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The dropbox links don't work. Can you post the images here pls, thanks. 

I was planning to use a projector and project onto a curve screen (immersive display pro to help with the alignment).

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

After dabbling in SLI, I also have decided I'm single card kind of guy.

It also helps me to not get so hammered in $ pain when I want to always grab the latest and greatest card all the time.

I know what you mean and I got all kinds of issues running with 2 980s Ti.

Not only the notorious problem with the cards jumping out of SLI mode after menu access etc but also a constant micro stuttering but worst of all my VAS utilization increased in a way where I almost ended the flight in an OOM and I haven't had any VAS issues using the exact same settings when running with a single card.

So yes...at least for now I'm definitely a single card type of guy too and now with the card running overclocked the performance is just great so no need messing with a problematic SLI setup.

And then we have Windows 10 and DX12 around the corner which might also turn out very nice if we are lucky enough LM will work towards full DX12 compatibility.

Regarding the images it must be a Dropbox issue, will check the links but they do work over here and still do. Maybe it's because it's my Dropbox account and there's a rights issue but hubby how people were able to watch them when I first started this thread.

How far away are you sitting in front of the screen ?

It's sitting on a normal desk so I guess about 3-4 ft maybe.

Found the problem with the links so here goes...the same two pictures and added a third one showing the curved display a bit better.

One more very nice bonus running @ 4K I forgot to mention is it also addresses the AA issues in P3D. It's no news really and has already been mentioned by others so more a confirmation on my part. The AA issues are still there but now in 4K resolution I hardly notice them anymore. This to me is a very nice bonus because I really hated the AA issues I had before getting this screen and even when I in a way learned to live with them it's such a relief now that they are almost gone :good:

The only real problem I have right now is I can't seem to find time enough to enjoy my new setup  :lol:

2015-07-17%2021.55.34.jpg

2015-07-17%2021.56.09.jpg

2015-07-19%2011.30.25.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Richard - That close, don't you physically have to move your head when looking at the right edge / left edge?

Richard - That close, don't you physically have to move your head when looking at the right edge / left edge?

Haven't thought about it since I do all my flying using TrackIR meaning I always move my head slightly to look around in the cockpit.

Should also add that to me having to move the head physically adds to the immersion since that is what you do in the real aircraft in the same way I can imagine having a physical cockpit with a physical MCP, overhead panel etc must add a lot to that feeling.

Richard Åsberg

Very cool Richard  B)   Telly looks great 

Webmaximus im running 3 pc monitors 27 inch and 1 21 inch touchscreen with my gtx titan x , working great but was thinking to change those 3 screens and buy one like your , withh a titan x it should be great? thanks

Richard,

Disregarding the monitor, what were your specs before? Was it a single gtx 970 you had?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK