Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D 4 core users check this out

Great work on these settings for your cfg file - I had most but not all - perfect for 4 core cpu''s - silky smooth now and graphics look better - well done YT poster 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Warz8s_do

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=84

[bufferPools]
RejectThreshold=126976
UsePools=0

[Display]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=180
TextureMaxLoad=6

[Main]
DISABLEPRELOAD=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01
HIDEINFOTEXT=1

[Weather]
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

[TERRAIN]
UseGlobalTerrainView=True
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

[sIM]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bufferpools in p3d? and texture bandwidth mult ---- I thought these are done for in P3D and never to be messed with.  This is getting confusing beyound the SDK on my end

Agree with Skywolf, some entries do not make sense like:

RejectThreshold=126976   <== Besides the fact P3Dv2 should not use the FSX Bufferpool tweak, this entry can be deleted because this  will only work when UsePools=1

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01  <== This value is outside the range which can be used so the sim will use the default value = 0.33

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01  <== This value is outside the range which can be used so the sim will use the default value = 0.33

Really!!

@Rich

If this was for FSX I would get it but BufferPools & HIGHMEMFIX=1 in P3D ? Sounds odd mate.

This is  what I use.

P3D

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=84

[Display]
WideViewAspect=True
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4 
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.4 
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.4

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10
HIDEINFOTEXT=1

[TERRAIN]
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

[sIM]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

[Weather]
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

Too much tweaking. Lets wait for skylake and get some more raw power instead. 

My advice: don't tweak. Some of those tweaks are indeed not needed at all (bufferpools, highmenfix).

No...it's not always good to tweak. Some of those tweaks are obsolete at this point. Running a stock cfg and performance is just fine. And other than periodic OOM errors, which no tweak can solve, P3D 2.5 has never run better.

What a bunch of wet blankets in the room today...!

I really believe it is due to conflicting information that is being posted here.  One person says to do it this way and another says something totally different.  A preeminent expert in all things P3D would sort it all out.  In the short term though, I tend to agree with the others that overtweaking is not going to yield better results, otherwise known as AWC (Approach With Caution).

-Jim

Agree with all posts but for some reason this has works great on my system for some reason - just thought I would share as it may help some 

After spending good money on 4790k and gtx980 to run P3d and still get stutters, am willing to try any config. I'll set these up in Simstarter tonight. Thanks Rich!!!!

Will try your config to NyxxUk!

After spending good money on 4790k and gtx980 to run P3d and still get stutters, am willing to try any config. I'll set these up in Simstarter tonight. Thanks Rich!!!!

Welcome hope it works for you as we have pretty much the same cpus and you have a great video card  :) make sure HT is on in bios

Rich, He's only got a dual core with HT enabled = 4 LPs, whereas 84=(01,01,01,00) is more suited to a 4 core with HT enabled = 8LPs and would render only one of his LPs active :}

Didn't catch that - hmm glad I tried it difference for me is night and day - no idea why but I am not going to complain Steve :)

I have the same as you and I too get stutters, but I am willing to go out on a limb and say that this has more to do with add-ons and settings, with me favoring settings in P3D specifically.   Bump the settings down a little (or take the defaults from P3D by nuking the cfg file and startting over).  This is a safer option than adding more to an already existent cfg, because if an add-on is causing problems or the cfg has erroneous issues already that you may overlook, you could end up worse than when you started (which I have done in the past admittedly). 

-Jim

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.4

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4 

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.4 

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.4

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

HIDEINFOTEXT=1

[TERRAIN]

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

[sIM]

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

[Weather]

OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

I stand by these with HT ON.

A lot are just for display like the landing lights and no info e.g no BRAKE in red etc on your screen. I would class the above as basic.

Rich likes to share and that can only be a good thing. 

I stand by these with HT ON.

What works for one may not work for others - cant count the times that others have posted tweaks that did nothing for me - so all you can do is try it - no magic bullet - thanks Dave

Dave what is the runway light changes all about - whats the difference

Interested about this tweak...Any info about it?

[Weather]
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

Hi Rich,

I added those that were missing from my cfg file and am currently flying over China. So far I see no ill affects and things appear to be running ultra smooth.

My advise to those that gave advise not to tweak: tweak away all you want and more...assuming one backs up their current configurations should a problem arise.

Tweak, tweak, tweak. It's so much fun.  :lol: 

Hi Rich,

I added those that were missing from my cfg file and am currently flying over China. So far I see no ill affects and things appear to be running ultra smooth.

Tweak, tweak, tweak. It's so much fun.  :lol:

Yah pretty cool Greg - never smoother for me

Hi,

Hey rich, I have some 4790k's, I'll give it a shot.

Wont hurt Mike - hope all is well

It never hurts, if it goes wrong just delete and make a freash one. You never know what will work for you if you never try these things yourself.

Rich, it changers the light sizes and makes them a lot more realistic, try it

It never hurts, if it goes wrong just delete and make a freash one. You never know what will work for you if you never try these things yourself.

Rich, it changers the light sizes and makes them a lot more realistic, try it

Thanks Dave :)