Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

New dovetails Flight simulator due in 2016 on both Xbox One and Windows 10

You do know that the Xbone can only allocate 5gb of memory for games / applications, it's only 1gb more than FSX can use?

It's similar to what happened with Euro Truck simulator 2 and X-Plane, offer different exe's, a 32-bit and an experimental 64-bit one.

Personally i think for LM that this is the most logical solution,...

The reason it will be 64 bit is that DG has stated that there will also be a PC version and one will be a port of the other in all likelihood.

As to P3d, you are right on the money. It won't be long before the news leaks out on LM 's progress.

Personally, I am waited with baited breath for Prepar3D V3. It will usher in an age of glory for Flight Simulation on the Home PC.

Crystal clear, in plain English.  Hope that this will stop speculations, at least for a while.

I must have missed the line in AVSIM's terms and conditions that prohibits 'speculation'. ;-)    Seriously though. I'm curious. What's wrong with speculating on a  chat forum? 

The quote you referred to wasn't 'crystal clear' BTW on anything but the current time-frame. All they said was: "at the moment our efforts are exclusively PC based.". In other words they are currently developing (rehashing) MSFS on the PC platform.   Reading between the lines its almost inevitable that Dovetail will release a console version in due course, as they plan to do with Train Simulator etc.  The market is too massive to pass over.   Rockstar developed GTA on console first, then secretly ported it to PC.  At least Dovetail are more open about their intentions.

"On 4 August 2015, Dovetail Games announced plans with Microsoft to bring a number of its future releases to Windows 10 and Xbox One in 2016. The company said that Dovetail Games Fishing, currently available on PC through Steam, will be released on Xbox One. The next generation of the Train Simulator franchise, powered by Unreal Engine 4, will be released on both platforms...".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dovetail_Games

Crystal clear, in plain English. Hope that this will stop speculations, at least for a while.

For a few hours.

A little sooner than expected  :lol:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

....so that should be a big clue that the blogger doesn't really know what he is talking about.

"we are not working on bringing DFS to XBox at this time."

Glad to know my gut was right.

Glad to know my gut was right.

Right about what? The time-frame?

"We are not working on bringing DFS to XBox at this time."

-

....which means that the version they are working on is for the PC. So what's the problem?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Right about what? The time-frame?

-

No, of course not. I don't have an interest in Xbox. My gut told me the original blogger's post was inaccurate.

...which means that the version they are working on is for the PC. So what's the problem?

My gut told me the original blogger's post was inaccurate.

But the blogger only got the date wrong.  As Dovetail said:..

..which means develop (revamp) the.PC version first, and then port to the XBox version, as per their Train Simulator.

Watch this space ;-)

Like I said, if a console release gives DT some extra revenue so be it. Look at how many the developers have a PC Xbox and PlayStation release. Worked fine with GTA5.. Only this situation is PC will come first

If they get an extra million pounds for an Xbox release then good for them. Why would anyone complain about that?

Matthew Kane

If they get an extra million pounds for an Xbox release then good for them. Why would anyone complain about that?

Exactly!  Plus I've always fancied kicking back with a cool beer and flying around in MSFS on a games console ;-)

As to who would complain about a MSFS on XBox, well many of those folks who claim "its a flightsim not a game". 

When it does appear on XBox though, it will be like Windows OS featuring on a Mac all over again   Oh the sacrilege! ;-)

So no futher need to buy a water-cooled overclocked i9-7000 whatsoever with a Titan 2 but just having all this done on a 500 $ console or, maybe, even on a 1 $ smartphone?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

....which means that the version they are working on is for the PC. So what's the problem?

This part of the press release is the problem in my view:

"Arguably the most exciting game confirmed in the announcement is Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. Due for release in 2016, Flight Simulator which is built using the foundations from Microsoft’s famous Flight technology that aviation buffs have held in high regard for over a decade. For flight sim enthusiasts and gamers looking for a deeply immersive flight game, it promises to deliver the ultimate pilot’s experience."

Gamers did not keep MS Flight alive so to appeal to gamers is proven to be a mistake. Simmer standards are extremely different in a flight simulator compared to a gamer. Gamers do not care about amended clearances, mountain waves, RVR, or NOTAMS. But simmers require the details for their kinds of flying. For some simmers its the details of  mesh and scenery with the not so reliable or clean aging (float) plane of choice that even rattles. For others its having all the navdata totally up to date in their state of the art FMS. For me I want the base sim to include details like real world NOTAMS reflected in the sim just like we have real world weather. Cranes, construction, runway lighting maintenance, Navaid outages, airspace closures, etc. all realized in the sim real time. This would all be possible if MS did not try to appeal to gamers and the result would be more incremental realism just like we had in every version of MSFS from FS1-FSX, but now DTG wants to keep it appealing to gamers and this attempt will fail just like MS Flight. Instead of 3rd parties going on to bigger and better, we keep them "stuck" at developing a GPS or improved flight dynamics, or "better" turbulence. Lets move on to some solid food, and get off the mothers milk!  

I don't know what LM will do with P3D or what LR will do with XP, but these two either develop much too slow or are expensive because of license. Expensive and slow because of excellent features and realism that makes the airlines and military drool, would be no problem in my view This is *not* the case presently. Who knows P3D v 3 may be priced at $500 "academic" for a very realistic rendition of Guam alone for all I know. If LM goes totally fresh 64bit DX12 they are not likely able to make a whole world soon enough to generate some sales to justify their flight sim dept. existence. XP11 may not get here for another 10 years at this rate.

I hope to be very pleased by some company who will develop a core flight simulator, that will take a chance on the devotion and allegiance of simmers (not gamers) like Pete Dowson, PMDG, A2A, and Hi Fi Simulations among others do.

So once again we have this "division" between simmers and gamers, a sim and a game, and a PC and a console. That is too bad.

So no futher need to buy a water-cooled overclocked i9-7000 whatsoever with a Titan 2 but just having all this done on a 500 $ console

As the old saying goes: "its not the size that counts but how you use it"   :P   >>

https://youtu.be/hkfZ0NXW39A?t=38s

https://youtu.be/J7zFeKf3Jk4?t=3m1s

XBox One specs

CPU = 8 Core AMD custom CPU - Frequency: 1.75 GHz

Ram = 8GB DDR3

GPU = Clock Speed: 853 MHz