Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

New dovetails Flight simulator due in 2016 on both Xbox One and Windows 10

I have never owned a modern console and likely never will, I used to have Sears Pong and Atari 2600 and that is it for my console days.  I never cared what titles was launched on multi-platforms as long as it makes the developer money so as they can continue to support for the future.

If having a future flight sim available on multiple platforms is good for the sales revenue then I think that is good for all of us. Won't be long before FSX runs on an Android Phone with an emulator running at 60 fps, one day that will happen. 

Matthew Kane

If DG is writing its new FS for the XBox1, it will be 64 bit. But that said, I will predict that we will see a DX12  Version 3 of P3d and a 64 bit Version 4 of P3d before there is any PC version of DG new app.

If DG is writing its new FS for the XBox1, it will be 64 bit. But that said, I will predict that we will see a DX12  Version 3 of P3d and a 64 bit Version 4 of P3d before there is any PC version of DG new app.

I don't think Lockheed Martin is going to come out with two completely new versions of Prepar3D in the next year. As well, the DTG press release specifically says that FS2016 (being released next year) is coming to Windows 10, which is a PC operating system.

Brandon Filer

Why not? They won't really be 2 distinct code bases. One will be 32 bit (V3) and one will be 64 bit (V4). That's what Adobe did with its product line, like for example Photoshop.

If DG is writing its new FS for the XBox1, it will be 64 bit.

You do know that the Xbone can only allocate 5gb of memory for games / applications, it's only 1gb more than FSX can use?

They won't really be 2 distinct code bases. One will be 32 bit (V3) and one will be 64 bit (V4)

It's similar to what happened with Euro Truck simulator 2 and X-Plane, offer different exe's, a 32-bit and an experimental 64-bit one.

Personally i think for LM that this is the most logical solution, the 32-bit exe can be run by the corporate customers and people wanting the stability; the 64-bit exe for people wanting to test it out, effectively we would be paying beta testers for LM, everyone is a winner.

Ian R Tyldesley

Has anyone actually used Dovetail's Train Simulator? I think it's actually rather good...

Okay some units could do with some improvement in their accuracy - however some such as their 395 Javelin EMU are outstanding (with working in-cab signalling system and fully simulated AC to DC switchover) and some others like the Class 319 have been modded by Armstrong Powerhouse to make them even more realistic - but looks and sounds are fantastic, signalling systems and such are pretty well modelled and it's certainly not an 'arcade game'. I'd say combined with sound packs from Armstrong Powerhouse, TS2015 is probably the most immersive desktop train simulation out there, and graphics engine wise is light years ahead of FSX/P3D.

I'm reserving all judgement until there is something to be seen. But as far as I'm concerned, Dovetail know what they're doing with simulation products.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hate to say I told you so...

You told us what?    Dovetail haven't denied that they will bring their 'new' flightsim to Xbox, only that it wont take place in the 'immediate' future. But given that they're other  games (sorry, simulators;-) are now confirmed for the XBox, it would make sense for Dovetail to do the same in due course with their '2016' flightsim.

Quote..

"We have confirmed Trains and Fishing will be on XBox. There are no plans to bring [Dovetail Flight Simulator] to XBox in the immediate future."

Who on earth cares about Xbox. A SteamBox would be cheaper for more performant hw. But I'm getting to old to care about such, I rather will buy a SteamVR than a console.

XBox One owners care about the XBox. Look, I can appreciate that PC flight simmers are sceptical about console gamers being at all interested in simulations, but does it really matter? DoveTail Games apparently have no plans to release an XBox One version of their new flight simulator in the immediate future, so it will obviously be aimed at PC users. Where is the problem?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Dovetail just commented on my reddit post :

[–]DTG-Official 1 point

32 minutes ago

Hi Guys!

Just to clarify, at this moment in time we are only targeting a Windows 10 release and are fully focused on creating the best possible flight simulation we can for the PC platform.

Whilst we may look into a console release down the line at the moment our efforts are exclusively PC based.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Crystal clear, in plain English. Hope that this will stop speculations, at least for a while.

Hope that this will stop speculations, at least for a while.

For a few hours.

In 2016 will all will be fed up of Win10 and using Ubuntu....hahah only a joke. However having crossplatform in mind could avoid future headache. I would go Vulkan if I were them...