Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

P3D Borderless window on one monitor

I don't think that's possible. I had the same issue, and just made the win theme black so the windowed mode was not as noticable.

-Roland

Is the windowed mode for a reason in particular? I just run fullscreen with the option "Black-out Desktop" unticked in the Graphics settings and I can use my lateral monitors just fine for ASN, Pro ATC, etc...

Is the windowed mode for a reason in particular? I just run fullscreen with the option "Black-out Desktop" unticked in the Graphics settings and I can use my lateral monitors just fine for ASN, Pro ATC, etc...

Really? They are connected to the same graphics card? I don't want to run in windowed mode at all since I'm used to full screen. Problem is when you want another side-by monitor for charts, ASN etc. When you full screen FSX/P3D on the main screen, the other turns black.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Yes all 3 monitors on a 970 GTX 4Gb, Surround mode is not even needed in this case, just a simple 3 screens configuration under Windows display settings.

I can't check in details as I'm at work right now but I'm pretty sure "Black-out Desktop" unticked is all that is needed to achieve this.

Yup. I run two monitors - one big one for main display and second for ASN, PLAN G Charts, etc. Although I urn SLI it was the same when I had just one video card. Use full screen and UNCHECK black out desktop.  you're good to go.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I just run fullscreen with the option "Black-out Desktop" unticked in the Graphics setting

DUH, never occured to me.  :fool:

-Roland

Well, it actually worked. I'm amazed, so thanks for the heads up. However sometimes, the windows task bar don't disappear when running P3D in full screen. I've found that it is no point "hiding" the task bar because P3D can in fact run full screen above it, but as I said, sometimes it doesn't work.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Is there an advantage running full screen as opposed to windowed mode?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Easy to try out by oneself. Some like it - some not.

Spirit

Thanks for the info. I disliked that white border!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I think there is, I seem to get slightly better frame rates but it's hard to quantify.  I found that there is a pesky CTD caused by the dome light switch in the PMDG 777 that only occurs in window mode.

Dan Downs KCRP

However sometimes, the windows task bar don't disappear when running P3D in full screen.

Why not just move the task bar to the second screen?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I've found that it is no point "hiding" the task bar because P3D can in fact run full screen above it, but as I said, sometimes it doesn't work.

In the desktop right click taskbar and select autohide taskbar option, then go to your Nvida Control panel and select compatibility mode for Multiple GPU`s/Screens.

ScreenShot08-30-16at02.22PM.jpg

tpewpb-6.png

This has just ruined my P3D installation. DO NOT USE. Now all I get is a black screen and a CTD. Thanks.