Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

I see the dilemma - because Lockheed Martin can't be arsed to provide an `offsite` scenery store, leaving it to the vagaries of the aftermarket and their personal peccadillos, we have to turn most all scenery addons into a manual install, or live with the accommodation within the core file structure that L-M does define.

Potential for confusion, so its' hardly surprising if developers go for the old route. 

That being said, pointing it to the sim root is not the same as installing there. You could check to see where they've found a home via the scenery menu and relocate them if needed.

I predict that v3 simmers will be manifest experts in symbolic links inside 12 months !  :hi:

Honestly I dont see any issues with Orbx's attitude and I would be the first to call them out on it - they are doing a heck of a job - not sure why the negative post

There has been quite a weird discussion concerning reviewer copies of their products which revealed what I would consider "bad" or some might say arrogant attitude on their part. But let's not hijack this otherwise very helpful thread. I just wanted to highlight that I'm somewhat disappointed that they have only updated a handful of installers within the last month whereas other (much smaller) developers have done a heck of a job (e.g. FlyTampa).

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have no issues with Orbx, as I totally understand how I stand as a customer and how JV looks upon us customers. Its very simple.

JV

"I'd like to note that Orbx does not sell 'relationships' with its customers, just the finest quality scenery and airports with the best support. You purchase our products; we support it. Please don't expect anything more than that from our company. We are a business selling quality FS addons, not an internet dating site".

"Our customers aren't loyal because of how I behave and communicate anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves, In fact when I see comments from people calling me arrogant, I generally take that as a compliment since it reminds me of my Dutch heritage” (Nothing like all the Dutch people Ive meet, there very warm and friend, very nice people, not arrogant at all).

The same seems to apply to the staff

"My team members know me to be tactless and direct, and we do bump heads." 

Honestly I dont see any issues with Orbx's attitude and I would be the first to call them out on it - they are doing a heck of a job - not sure why the negative post

Your staring to get old mate. Remember....

"Stephen and Howard banned from Orbx forums is this some kind of joke you must be kidding me you guys were that forum I can't belive it - wow"

They have been un-banned now and so have I, all long time in the past, Forgiven but not forgot.

moving on...

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I couldn't agree more.  :smile:

+1

Too many people think this hobby is about friendship. Its a commercial relationship. I don't, wont pretend to be a someones friend as accuracy trumps avuncularity every time, at least in my relationships with my service and product providers. What I do take exception to is the inverse relationship - it is OK for Venema and his team to be tactless and direct, but go the other way and watch how quickly they get uppity... but I see nothing in what they are doing that shows their customers anything other than absolute delivery on what they promise.

• Upvote 1

Maybe, we should stop the discussion on Orbx here. Sorry for bringing that up in this thread. I truely hate it when useful threads get derailed (like the P3D performance threads which always end in some completely useless affinity mask discussion). And this one is about to go down that route. Again, sorry for expressing my disappointment on Orbx. Nothing anyone could say would change it anyways. I just don't like their attitude. And now: Please back on topic...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

To bad that there isn't a "topic affinity mask" function. Oh wait, there is. It's called thread locking.

To bad that there isn't a "topic affinity mask" function. Oh wait, there is. It's called thread locking.

If we don't get this back on track that will probably occur.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

About the Airbus updates,,do I uninstall the current version first or can I just install the new over the old?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

About the Airbus updates,,do I uninstall the current version first or can I just install the new over the old?

Aerosoft advises to uninstall the old version first.

Here is what you need to do: 

Listen up, this is important and can save you a lot of headaches!

1. Save the additional liveries you inserted (just use the livery manager to back them up)
  2. Using the software control applet de-install the current busses
  3. Manually check and remove when found: 

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus folder

FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback folder

FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\all aerosoft airbus folders

4. De-activate your virus scanner (there is at least one that gives a false positive)
  5. Install the new version(s)
  6. Activate your virus scanner
  7. Re-install the liveries
  8. Defrag your hard disk (NOT is you use a SSD!)

Note that A318/A319 version 1.31 is not yet available.  You will find a complete new installer on your order history page.

It is possible that you see an error (sometimes even two) reported on exiting P3D V3. You can ignore this error, it does NOT affect any system use but seems impossible to prevent at this moment.

My%20Signature.jpg

Here is what you need to do: 

Listen up, this is important and can save you a lot of headaches!

1. Save the additional liveries you inserted (just use the livery manager to back them up)
  2. Using the software control applet de-install the current busses
  3. Manually check and remove when found: 

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus folder

FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback folder

FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\all aerosoft airbus folders

4. De-activate your virus scanner (there is at least one that gives a false positive)
  5. Install the new version(s)
  6. Activate your virus scanner
  7. Re-install the liveries
  8. Defrag your hard disk (NOT is you use a SSD!)

Note that A318/A319 version 1.31 is not yet available.  You will find a complete new installer on your order history page.

It is possible that you see an error (sometimes even two) reported on exiting P3D V3. You can ignore this error, it does NOT affect any system use but seems impossible to prevent at this moment.

The A318/A319 version 1.31 is available!  Has been all day! I downloaded it hours before your post!

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Earlier in this topic several noted that the RealAir B60 V2 works flawlessly in P3Dv3. In my case everything seems to work, but there are no cockpit sounds: you don't hear switch clicks, LG extension/retraction, flaps. The only sound seems to be the engines. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Earlier in this topic several noted that the RealAir B60 V2 works flawlessly in P3Dv3. In my case everything seems to work, but there are no cockpit sounds: you don't hear switch clicks, LG extension/retraction, flaps. The only sound seems to be the engines. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Quick addition: I can also hear the fuel pumps and electrical system, and the engines. Nothing else.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049