Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

KSEA and LTBA work fine in P3Dv3. Wouldn't expect much from them. They are not known for their superior service and updating of their products. The airports are superb nonetheless...

Hi Carlo

How did you go about installing the T2G airports?  Did you use the migration tool?  When you say they work fine, are there any anomalies with lighting etc?

I just create a registry entry for 2.5 that points to my 3.0 folder and those sceneries install with no issues.

Sean Green

All I did to install KSEA, KMCO, and VHHH was point to the installer to my V3 folder and then manually create the entries in my scenery.cfg. 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I did something a bit different installing them. I just created a new folder on my HDD and put it in there. Then once I installed all the patches (jetway height one and PNW one), moved it in to P3D. Pretty sure we're not suppose to install into the main but right now I'm just testing until my SSD arrives.

Hi Carlo

How did you go about installing the T2G airports?  Did you use the migration tool?  When you say they work fine, are there any anomalies with lighting etc?

I just copied the sceneries from my old Prepar3dv2/Addon Sceneries folder to P3Dv3 and then added the entries to the scenery.cfg. Could be that some effects also have to be copied over (check in the Effects folder of the v2 installation if there is anything with the airport ICAO code in the filename or anything with T2G in the filename), I don't remember exactly. I don't have any lights issues. At least, I have not seen any.

I just create a registry entry for 2.5 that points to my 3.0 folder and those sceneries install with no issues.

All I did to install KSEA, KMCO, and VHHH was point to the installer to my V3 folder and then manually create the entries in my scenery.cfg. 

These two techniques should also work fine. Especially creating a registry entry for 2.5 that is pointing to the 3.0 folder is helpful for installing other sceneries which have no v3 installer yet. However, be aware that you also have to set a couple of symbolic links for it to work because otherwise installers cannot find cfg files. So this is only for the more advanced user I would say. And obviously this only works if you do not have a parallel v2.5 installation...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Anyone trying the most recent EMT?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I don't have it as it only does things I can all do by myself (like creating fake directories, setting symbolic links and adding fake registry entries). However, from what I read it works fine. Definitely the way to go for the less tech-savvy simmer. Much better to spend that money than screwing up a working P3D installation by doing things manually if you don't know what you are doing.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Pretty sure we're not supposed to install into the main....

You might want to point that out to the ORBx guys (and to be fair.....quite a few other developers aswell) :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You might want to point that out to the ORBx guys (and to be fair.....quite a few other developers aswell) :wink:

Well, not 100% sure, just thought I read that somewhere earlier. I'm just moving over to P3D from FSX this week so if true, that's going to take some getting use to.

...which was already done, but they were not inclined to hear it.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Seems fine to me Mike - no issues yet

Rich Sennett

Thanks, I actually used it for a few sceneries, no issues so far. I'll probably try it for KSEA, as supposedly Taxi2Gate doesn't seem to be interested in providing a native installer anytime soon. Their most recent FB entry is from May, btw.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks, I actually used it for a few sceneries, no issues so far. I'll probably try it for KSEA, as supposedly Taxi2Gate doesn't seem to be interested in providing a native installer anytime soon. Their most recent FB entry is from May, btw.

Kind regards, Michael

If you still have a P3Dv2 installation of KSEA you can simply copy the scenery directory to P3Dv3 and check whether there are any effects that need to be copied. Really easy. Works without problems here. Otherwise, if you don't have a P3Dv2 installation of it then it should work fine with the EMT.

Carlo, I still have the Prepar3d2 installation intact, so this would be an alternative approach, thanks for the suggestion.

Kind regards, Michael